questions for the ladies,

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate the fact that I have hair growing on my chin, and I hate the fact the doctor said I may never have babies.....
my sis has the same issues.
electrolysis helped with the hair.
and, despite losing all hope, nature came through with the baby.
i wish you luck.
Funny, I find flats make me more feminine. I feel like a beast in heels, being "too tall".

Lifting weights gives me mixed feelings. I'm sure I don't look feminine at all at the gym, but doing it reminds me of what my female body can do. It alters the way you're treated probably because people will say that you can lift weights (for example) "in spite of" being a woman, instead of "because you are a woman".
i'm 5'6'', so heels aren't a big deal to me either way.

the weights? my biceps are too big to fit into the sleeves of all my blouses now, so i wear wife beaters a lot. this accentuates both breasts and biceps. so the two are literally side by side as competing stereotypes.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no, feeling feminine in the traditional sense is not important to me at all.

in my opinion you don't have to dress feminine in order to remain feminine...so it's defo not make-up or clothes that do it for me though they may enhance that depending on the context.

i like feeling feminine in contrast to my partner, it's the adorable contrast between the masculine and the feminine in the physical sense i guess -- that is what gets me.

i've never noticed a lack in my feelings of womanliness.

I think I like you all the more now. I wish I could start a fan club or join the existing one if you have one.

thehighheelsgirl

Sexy Member
Media
Man I would die without my heels! I guess feeling feminine has to do with being short and skinny, having small feet, wearing skirts, liking the color pink,wearing makeup, having long hair, all of that.

Though, I guess all of that is just superficial stuff that we wear. You can put a guy in high heels and he still isn't feminine!

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That's a pretty interesting thought, and definitely makes sense. What about your upbringing though?

I think my upbringing was pretty normal in terms of gender roles. I played with dolls rather than toy cars, and was taught to cook and sew at a young age. I was frequently dressed in dresses and wasn't encouraged to behave as a tomboy.

Thus, the past lives theory.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
are short skirts feminine?
i feel more feminine in something long and floaty.
feminine isn't the same as sexy or tarty.