Questions to other mothers/fathers

lady1976

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have 3 daughters and my youngest a son who is 3 1/2.. I always said I would not get my son cut if I had a boy. I chose not to. Maybe it is just me but I have heard a few stories from other mothers where the doctor messed up the circumcision.I also live in Southern IL and have had enough experience with bad doctors that I dunno that I would trust one to do it.Plus I I just feel if that skin was not meant to be there it wouldn't be.I feel that it should be a personal decision made by the child when he is a grown adult if they want it done or not.That is just me I am not against another mother/father getting their son circumsized this was my personal decison. How many other parent's have chose not to and why?I got so much crap from family/and my son's Dr for not getting it done.

poomoz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi Lady 1976

I am a cut father of 2 sons (& daughter). We decided not to have our boys circumsised as we deemed it unnecessary. One of the major considerations is that they would not look like daddy or the other boys at school.

Well to my great surprise that question never came up. I was always ready to explain if it did but no, it is not an issue.

Our eldest is now 16 and I have since explained as part of his sex education about circumsision.

Good on you for sticking with your instincts

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
just as long as he learns normal hygiene care he'll likely be fine. Besides I always ask people who question it; would you ask a doctor to remove your child's eyelids, you know to prevent thing from getting under there? Cause its kinda not much different they both protect a sensitive area. heheh you should see how offended most people get when I compare eyes with a penis, men usually get it but women think its disgusting to make that comparison because they are to completely different things and one i dirtier by nature.

curiomeerkat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't think you should do it, as he's a bit old now. I don't agree with adult males being circumcised either. In my family it's customary to circumcise boys only when they are babies, according to west african tradition, we do in their first week and in the UK we have a rabbi do it. IMO they give a much cleaner cut than the surgeons and none of the boys in my family have ever had complications.

lady1976

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think you should do it, as he's a bit old now. I don't agree with adult males being circumcised either. In my family it's customary to circumcise boys only when they are babies, according to west african tradition, we do in their first week and in the UK we have a rabbi do it. IMO they give a much cleaner cut than the surgeons and none of the boys in my family have ever had complications.
No I don't plan on getting him done period. If that is something he decides that he wants done on his own when he is grown and on his own than that decision is his.I chose not to and if I ever have another child which will likely not happen ,and if I were to have another boy I would choose not to get him cut as well.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We had our only son circumcised because at the time I didn't know any better and thought it "the thing to do". It's amazing what the AMA instills in doctors re. the surgery and how faddist we tend to be. I'm uncut and have always been thankful that I have foreskin, which I take great pleasure in having. Knowing then what I know now, our son would have his foreskin.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey, Lady1976, I think you did the right thing. If, later on, he decides he wants to look like other guys (presuming most USA boys are still circumcised at birth - is that changing now?) he'll have that option open to him.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a 6 year old son and did not have him circumcised. My husband is cut.....but when we found out we were having a boy....he did a lot of reading and we came to the conclusion that it is not medically necessary.....so we decided to not have him circumcised.

Even though it would have been covered by our health insurance.

I think there are a lot of myths out there that people buy into...... I have a lot of Christian family members that think because Jesus was a Jew and Jewish people circumcise that it is one of the 10 commandments or something. I have heard arguments that it is more hygienic to be circumcised..... I say teach the boy how to take care of it him self. Girls have to clean under folds of skin too.

To me, male circumcision is about like taking the hood off of a woman's clit. I just think it is there for a reason. Whether it is there to protect the penis.....or offer extra sensations.....

If there is no medical reason for it.....leave it alone. That is my 2 cents.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got so much crap from family/and my son's Dr for not getting it done.

You were 100% right.
It can always be removed.
It can never be put back on!

I can see no good reason for what amounts to mutilation.
The hygiene issue can be addressed with soap & water.
These disease studies probably have flaws in their design and as was brought up condoms are more effective than circumcision at preventing disease transmission.

I would hope after 3 & 1/2 years no one is giving you any more crap.
And the Dr. should have made his recommendation and then did exactly what you wanted done without further comment. If he thought it so wrong - he should refer you to someone who is more in line with your approach to health.

When family and others have made the mistake of trying to tell me what to do with my children, I politely tell them to F**K off and mind their own business :redface:
If they make the even bigger mistake of persisting I then impolitely tell them to F**k OFF! and Mind their own F**king business and damn it don't make the mistake of telling me again or I'll get really ugly :mad:
Maybe its the angry Pitbull thing.
If you need lessons - let me know.
Just changed my Avitar in honor of you!

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Neither of my sons (2, 3 months) are cut even though I am. There was no medically necessary reason to do it so we chose not to. However, I'm not an anti-circumcision zealot by any means. It just didn't seem necessary.

Your son's physician had damned well better have a good medical reason for his opposition to your decision (and honestly I don't know of any beyond truly exceptional circumstances). If his opinion isn't for medically reasons than he has no business stating it.

lady1976

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You were 100% right.
It can always be removed.
It can never be put back on!

I can see no good reason for what amounts to mutilation.
The hygiene issue can be addressed with soap & water.
These disease studies probably have flaws in their design and as was brought up condoms are more effective than circumcision at preventing disease transmission.

I would hope after 3 & 1/2 years no one is giving you any more crap.
And the Dr. should have made his recommendation and then did exactly what you wanted done without further comment. If he thought it so wrong - he should refer you to someone who is more in line with your approach to health.

When family and others have made the mistake of trying to tell me what to do with my children, I politely tell them to F**K off and mind their own business :redface:
If they make the even bigger mistake of persisting I then impolitely tell them to F**k OFF! and Mind their own F**king business and damn it don't make the mistake of telling me again or I'll get really ugly :mad:
Maybe its the angry Pitbull thing.
If you need lessons - let me know.
Just changed my Avitar in honor of you!
Heheh I am flattered I am pretty much the same way my kids, my business..Your a better person than I am I am not so polite my inlaws have been a big pain in my ass since I got married so , I have to pretty much tell them how it is and tell them to mind their own damn business.:tongue: I have always been blessed with the ability to speak my mind:) One day I will prolly get myself in trouble lol

lady1976

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Neither of my sons (2, 3 months) are cut even though I am. There was no medically necessary reason to do it so we chose not to. However, I'm not an anti-circumcision zealot by any means. It just didn't seem necessary.

Your son's physician had damned well better have a good medical reason for his opposition to your decision (and honestly I don't know of any beyond truly exceptional circumstances). If his opinion isn't for medically reasons than he has no business stating it.
Well needless to say he is no longer my son's doctor. He also tried to force me to bottle feed . BS nope not his baby not his business.Illinois Doctors suck I drive my kids to Saint Louis where the Doctors actually know what they are doing. I wouldn't trust some of the Doctors around here with a pet fish.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it's a personal choice for the parents in my opinion. If they want to leave it up to the child to decide later in life or have religious reasons for their choice to cut or not cut that is their business.

I left the decision to my son's father. He chose to have him cut. Personally, I prefer men who are.....but if they had not done it before he was a month old. I would have said no. I watched the procedure and rubbed the bottom of his feet. He only cried when they tied him down. He did not cry during the procedure what so ever.

Again, it's a choice the parent make for their children or they can leave it to them. I respect their decision either way. Just my 2 cents...

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will admit that my husband was the one that did all the research on circumcision.....and he was the one that felt strongly about not circumcising our son. I just went along with what he wanted to do. If it has not been for him.....and it had been my decision alone......I would have probably done what is customary here and had my son cut. I just don't think most parents give it a lot of thought. And of course dr.'s encourage parents to circumcise......It is extra money in their pocket that health insurance covers. Like an extra $500 in their pocket for every circumcision procedure that they do. Easy money. I think if insurance quits automatically paying for circumcision unless there is a medical reason.....like the skin is too tight....then people will have to start thinking harder about the procedure.

All I know is that my husband wishes that his parents had not just had him circumcised because everyone else was doing that at the time. He thinks he might be missing out on some extra pleasurable sensations. You can't ever get your foreskin back.

Your right MidwestGal, It is a personal choice for the parents. I just hope and pray that parents take the time to think long and hard about the decisions that they are making for their child. And not just doing things because it is traditional.....or because this is what everyone else is doing.

The truth is......I have always preferred the cut look myself.....But that is because that is what I grew up seeing. The only uncut penis's (of my age group) were of guys that were not from the country that I live in. Anyways......I think things are changing. I think people are not just doing what everyone else is doing anymore. Hopefully people are making informed decisions that they can be accountable for.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"...proven right by three clinical trials showing that circumcision reduces a man's risk of contracting HIV by more than half..."

That 'data' is incorrect. It is a horrible fallacy usually distributed in third world countries such as Africa and India where HIV and many other diseases are epidemic. Being circumcised does not excuse a man from using a condom. :mad: