Quick DVD Recorder/Capture Question

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Right. Say I want to record the Component HD input from my XBOX 360 via a Panasonic DVD Recorder that I speculatively own.

Do I need a component splitter (so that the signal can be split two ways; TV-Xbox360 and TV-DVD Recorder? I assume I do...

Then the real question is...does the DVD recorder only record 'what it sees' ie the channel I'm watching. Or would I be able to select a channel/input to record while being on a another (eg record HDMI while watching TV).

What I mean is...will it work :tongue:. These Panasonic DVD Recorders aren't cheap.

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    There are a lot of hacker sites on the net in dealing with this. Even on Amazon.com, they publish out a lot of details.

I discovered from Amazon's reviews, that virtually all new DVD players can be adjusted to be region free and will play anything.

Anyway, my older set up of DVD/VHS/video games allows me to play games, and record a channel. You might flub up a few times, but that's to be expected.

There's a device for home theaters which is your basic unit for input and output, where everything is linked and can the controls will allow you to do what you want.

If I am not too clear, perhaps others much more savvy than I can fill in extra details.

3. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

I have read around the subject and apparently I need a splitter so that the recorder can see and 'hear' the component channel.

My question really was...can you only record the channel you're on or any channel? I know on a VHS you used to be able to select a channel to record...but I'm not sure how these DVD recorders work.

Another thing is, I just want a DVD recorder...not one with Freeview...preferably a cheap one :tongue:

4. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Problem is yer fighting against Macrovision.

5. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Scratch that... I see what you're trying to do here.... can you send/record through your computer instead (would be so much easier... a la being software based vs hardware based in a very tightly controlled artifact [a la game stations DVD recorder vs. computers])?

Draft saved Draft deleted