Quick Itunes question

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Is there any way to burn cd's stored in iTunes? If not, is there any way to transfer the music to Media Player and burn cds thru it?

Basically what happened is I met up with a friend for a quick vacation. She brought some of her cd's (many of which I had purchased in the past, but had them stolen....around $2000 worth) and I riped them on to iTunes. Now, I want to burn those cd's for me to listen to in my car, but I can't figure out how to burn them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is there any way to burn cd's stored in iTunes? If not, is there any way to transfer the music to Media Player and burn cds thru it?

Basically what happened is I met up with a friend for a quick vacation. She brought some of her cd's (many of which I had purchased in the past, but had them stolen....around $2000 worth) and I riped them on to iTunes. Now, I want to burn those cd's for me to listen to in my car, but I can't figure out how to burn them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Besides just burning cds you could purchase an Itrip and use your ipod in your car, then you don't have to deal with cd's. I have one Griffin iTrip Auto SmartScan FM Transmitter iPhone,iPod - eBay (item 280497450924 end time Oct-20-10 14:47:03 PDT) just get the one for the Ipod you have, also you can get the charger for your vehicle.

In the long run it's cheaper and less hassle, you can find stuff cheap on ebay. Just another suggestion instead of creating playlists and burning to cds. In case you don't know how to do that, create your playlist then go to it, click file burn playlist to cd.

Batteries dying here, to create playlist file create new playlist folder, drag the songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Besides just burning cds you could purchase an Itrip and use your ipod in your car, then you don't have to deal with cd's. I have one Griffin iTrip Auto SmartScan FM Transmitter iPhone,iPod - eBay (item 280497450924 end time Oct-20-10 14:47:03 PDT) just get the one for the Ipod you have, also you can get the charger for your vehicle.

In the long run it's cheaper and less hassle, you can find stuff cheap on ebay. Just another suggestion instead of creating playlists and burning to cds. In case you don't know how to do that, create your playlist then go to it, click file burn playlist to cd.

Batteries dying here, to create playlist file create new playlist folder, drag the songs.

I've purchased similar products and have been disappointed with them all...including the one I bought for $75.

Apparently I live in an unique area as there are radio stations on 95% of FM. Where I live is sandwiched between Memphis, Nashville, Huntsville, and Birmingham, plus there are numerous small and mid sized cities and towns within a small radius of the city I live in. I can get great reception and drive a mile down the road, and the station I was picking up my iPod from will be taken over by a broadcast station making it a huge pain in the ass to try use a FM transmitter.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's real easy if you have a newer version of iTunes.

File: new playlist (name it and drag your songs there.)

then

File: Burn playlist to disk

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've purchased similar products and have been disappointed with them all...including the one I bought for $75.

Apparently I live in an unique area as there are radio stations on 95% of FM. Where I live is sandwiched between Memphis, Nashville, Huntsville, and Birmingham, plus there are numerous small and mid sized cities and towns within a small radius of the city I live in. I can get great reception and drive a mile down the road, and the station I was picking up my iPod from will be taken over by a broadcast station making it a huge pain in the ass to try use a FM transmitter.

Really? How interesting is that. I bought mine for $20 from target. It's worked perfectly from the day I bought it. Now I live in the stix, but when I drive into the city it still works fine. I think it's like $200-$300 to get the ipod dock installed in your vehicle. That's what Honda had told me and the guy recommended this instead and I'm so glad I saved the money, but I bought it a couple of years ago. Oh well, sorry this wasn't the answer for you:smile:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Really? How interesting is that. I bought mine for $20 from target. It's worked perfectly from the day I bought it. Now I live in the stix, but when I drive into the city it still works fine. I think it's like $200-$300 to get the ipod dock installed in your vehicle. That's what Honda had told me and the guy recommended this instead and I'm so glad I saved the money, but I bought it a couple of years ago. Oh well, sorry this wasn't the answer for you:smile:

The iPod transmitters are hit & miss. Some of them default to just one particular radio station while others allow you to set which one you'd rather use. I do think that the transmitters work better in areas where there aren't as many FM stations to potentially interfere with the signal. One of my friends purchased one that defaulted to the very first setting on the FM dial. It worked a lot better in areas where there wasn't an actual radio station that wasn't broadcasting on a nearby frequency citywide.

These days, however, I do see a lot of car stereos coming equipped with a auxiliary headphone in jack which makes the need for most transmitters unnecessary.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These days, however, I do see a lot of car stereos coming equipped with a auxiliary headphone in jack which makes the need for most transmitters unnecessary.

Tell me about it:mad: My suv didn't have it and the next year model that came out after I bought it did. Boo-Hiss!

I think my itrip does revert to some really strange low station in the 90's, once I found it clearly I just programmed it in.