Quinsy

B_jasonbig

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
now im sure im like many, who have been ill over the winter period, sadly ive been flat on my back from christmas eve till now and not in a good way.
but ive heard of tonsilitous(sp?) but ive never heard of its little friend Quinsy, when the doctor said that to me i was like 'huh Dr Quincy?' but anyways just bored with an agonising throat having to force four pills four times a day down my horridly imflamed throat, anyone else ever had quinsy before?

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Had to Google it - haven't had it, but I recently had a nasty case of pharyngitis (which seems like a similar thing) and tonsillitis. It was awful - my throat was so sore I couldn't talk, I had terrible reactions to every anti-biotic I was prescribed and during the night I'd be woken up every couple hours by my body's urge to start coughing and dry retching until I hacked up something squishy and yellow.

Have fun! :tongue:

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damn, you'd think they could give you a liquid medication instead of swallowing pills when the ailment is inflamed throat. Hope the meds work fast...

offside

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Having to swallow tablets for Quincy is very poor medical management - if it is truly Quincy it needs IV anti biotiocs because it is a threat to your airway from what I've seen patients are unable to swallow their own saliva causing them to dribble constantly - I'm sure you are only too aware of the pain - hope your oral anti biotics (eventually) kicked in and your are feeling better.

Just for the record Quincy is one of the most severe throat infections and any diagnostician should red flag it - giving you oral meds for this is just plain careless ( especially over the Christmas )

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
now im sure im like many, who have been ill over the winter period, sadly ive been flat on my back from christmas eve till now and not in a good way.
but ive heard of tonsilitous(sp?) but ive never heard of its little friend Quinsy, when the doctor said that to me i was like 'huh Dr Quincy?' but anyways just bored with an agonising throat having to force four pills four times a day down my horridly imflamed throat, anyone else ever had quinsy before?
Nothing worse than being sick on Christmas. Been there. I hope you get better soon.