Quinsy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_jasonbig, Dec 27, 2011.

1. B_jasonbig

B_jasonbig New Member

Albums:
    now im sure im like many, who have been ill over the winter period, sadly ive been flat on my back from christmas eve till now and not in a good way.
    but ive heard of tonsilitous(sp?) but ive never heard of its little friend Quinsy, when the doctor said that to me i was like 'huh Dr Quincy?' but anyways just bored with an agonising throat having to force four pills four times a day down my horridly imflamed throat, anyone else ever had quinsy before?

2. dude_007

Gold Member

Never had it, I thought that was something treated in the hospital. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

3. unccguy85

unccguy85 Member

Albums:
    I've never heard of it but I feel for ya, man. Here's hoping you get better really quickly!

4. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Had to Google it - haven't had it, but I recently had a nasty case of pharyngitis (which seems like a similar thing) and tonsillitis. It was awful - my throat was so sore I couldn't talk, I had terrible reactions to every anti-biotic I was prescribed and during the night I'd be woken up every couple hours by my body's urge to start coughing and dry retching until I hacked up something squishy and yellow.

Have fun! :tongue:

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I had it many times, the doctor finally took out my tonsils. Very painful... hope you are feeling better soon.

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Sounds awful. Get well soon!

7. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Damn, you'd think they could give you a liquid medication instead of swallowing pills when the ailment is inflamed throat. Hope the meds work fast...

8. offside

offside Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Having to swallow tablets for Quincy is very poor medical management - if it is truly Quincy it needs IV anti biotiocs because it is a threat to your airway from what I've seen patients are unable to swallow their own saliva causing them to dribble constantly - I'm sure you are only too aware of the pain - hope your oral anti biotics (eventually) kicked in and your are feeling better.

Just for the record Quincy is one of the most severe throat infections and any diagnostician should red flag it - giving you oral meds for this is just plain careless ( especially over the Christmas )

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Nothing worse than being sick on Christmas. Been there. I hope you get better soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted