Quit smoking with patches and gum?

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good luck to you. I quit about 15 years ago. I haven't desired a cigarette in many, many years. Yet, I still have dreams sometimes where I borrow a cig from a friend. In my waking life it never occurs to me to do that. It's funny how the mind works.

D_hybabi

Experimental Member
Media
That's how I know you've beat the habit, justmeincal. I think the moment I stop thinking about smoking in my awake state, I've broken the habit. It is interesting how the mind works, but I don't think it's bad to dream about smoking. Studies have shown that dreams are a way of preparing for life situations. In essence it's a way we survive, so I think it's amazing you've dreamed about smoking but have not in your awake state. It's your instinct telling you it's bad and in your dream you play out the scenario of the possibility of being confronted with a cigarette. It's very very healthy!!

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to smoke 40 a day, sometimes more. I can't say I really miss them at all now, but I know some people for whom it's a constant battle, even after 20 years!

A friend of my mother's keeps a packet of cigarettes in a kitchen drawer for the reassurance that she can have one if she really wants it. They've been there, still in cellophane, for about 30 years now, but she can't throw them out. Who knows, they're maybe worth something as a collector's item now!

ropa

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am on day 12 without a cigarette. Let everyone know you are quitting, I am getting some wonderful support from my friends and actually some people I don't really know. Hang in there and keep me posted on your progress.