Quit Smoking Yesterday

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am really glad I don't have a gun. I can see the headlines...

"Mysterious shootings across Windsor, Ontario. Police say sniper targeting smokers."

I want to yell at these people contentedly smoking while I am going insane. I want to run up to them, grab the cigarette out of their hand yelling "NO! NO! NO! BAD! NOW GO HOME!!" and stomp on that cigarette for five minutes. Yes, five minutes, if not five minutes, then a very long time.

Goddamn it!! I'm trying to mind fuck myself by saying "You aren't a smoker, you don't crave cigarettes." YEAH RIGHT, FUCK OFF HEAD!!

I am doing pretty good not bitching at my daughter. My patience is a little shorter than the short fuse it already was. Now it's a short nub.

I told my daughter that there is a poison in cigarettes that make you want to smoke. Yesterday we were wrestling and she said "Hey mommy, your breath doesn't stink." I laughed and said thank you. Yay, my breath doesn't stink, anyone want a kiss? ;)

Rico, you know your cock would be in my mouth constantly. Umm, maybe a line should form, I'll suck the lot of you, purely to forget about cigarettes of course!
Lemme put it you this way there, Jenny- Far better thing to give up nicotine smoking and be able kiss your daughter when she get's married as opposed to pushing up daisies somewhere down the road, right?

As for sucking off the rest well, I do hope I'm included for your other form of smoking.:069::naughty:

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I am really glad I don't have a gun. I can see the headlines...

"Mysterious shootings across Windsor, Ontario. Police say sniper targeting smokers."

I want to yell at these people contentedly smoking while I am going insane. I want to run up to them, grab the cigarette out of their hand yelling "NO! NO! NO! BAD! NOW GO HOME!!" and stomp on that cigarette for five minutes. Yes, five minutes, if not five minutes, then a very long time.

Goddamn it!! I'm trying to mind fuck myself by saying "You aren't a smoker, you don't crave cigarettes." YEAH RIGHT, FUCK OFF HEAD!!

I am doing pretty good not bitching at my daughter. My patience is a little shorter than the short fuse it already was. Now it's a short nub.

I told my daughter that there is a poison in cigarettes that make you want to smoke. Yesterday we were wrestling and she said "Hey mommy, your breath doesn't stink." I laughed and said thank you. Yay, my breath doesn't stink, anyone want a kiss? ;)

Rico, you know your cock would be in my mouth constantly. Umm, maybe a line should form, I'll suck the lot of you, purely to forget about cigarettes of course!

Sweetie, I will be happy to help you however I can!!! I can live with constantly!!

christina

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hey congrats on quitting!! im trying myself my biggest problem is when im in the car on my way to work. like serioulsy i know this sounds stupid but i just dont know what to do with myself. i dont smoke when my daughter is in the car cause well i just dont its my habit not hers ya know but like i said i just dont know what to do when im by myself and im driving.

i started smoking in 98 i quite in 03 when i found out that i was pregant then started again after some of my friends drug me out of the house cause i was becoming a hermit lol. awww anyways anyone i could use an idea or two for the car situation. thanks

Marlboro woman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have cut down on smoking a lot since they banned it in pubs. I have stopped keeping cigarettes in my apartment and in my car. I only really smoke at work now, sometimes I don't even bother buying cigarettes and I just end up 'borrowing' them off my secretary who doesn't mind because it means she can have a cigarette break whenever she wants. I enjoy smoking and couldn't give it up altogether but I'm glad I'm down to around 5 a day mostly.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciate it. Rico, Chuck are at the head of the line!

Did I say I am using Zyban? The gum doesn't work for me, it tastes too gross to chew and the patch gives me a rash. I haven't been eating much because that is the absolute worst time for me for a smoke is after eating.

I work from home too so that makes it really difficult. I finish a story and I'm used to going out to smoke for a "little celebration".

My husband isn't having big boy feelings right now, he's pissy and I'm not having it. So that's hard too. Over the past 3 yrs I have used cigarettes to "get away" more than anything else. I would love to go outside and have a smoke right now, not think about my asshole husband. (he's not always an asshole, just right now ;)

If I was losing my patience with my daughter, instead of losing it, "mom's going outside for a smoke". I could cool off and de-stress. I need to find other ways to de-stress.

Blah, blah, blah. Are you sick of me yet? Yes? FUCK YOU! I DON'T CARE!!

LOL

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
congrats jen! i quit smoking.....lets see....either 13 or 14 weeks ago today! once you get thru the first week or so it gets a little better (well you already know this).....stay strong....if my sorry ass can quit after 12 years of smoking....well anyone can

scottish.47

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Smoking is a very hard habit to break, it has so many facets to it. I quit on 9/1/05, at 6:20 pm. Why do I know that? It was when I had my heart attack. Now, smoking was not the only factor that led to that event, but it did contribute its fair share. Since that fateful day, and my subsequent decision to not smoke anymore, I have felt better than I have ever felt and have a bit more money. At $4.50 a pack, it was getting pricey. and those were the off brand smokes. In any case, I found just doing it one day at a time worked. I didn't try to stop smoking all at once, I took it slow. Like the old adage, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Just take each urge as it comes, deal with it, then move on. Get a few days, then a week, soon you'll have a month, and then 3 months, and so on. It's baby steps, and simple stuff. You'll make it, Jay, I know you will. Just hang in and take it in stride.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Aaaarg!!!
I am a mess.

I started smoking when I was 12, 1985. I quit in 1996. Then I started again in 2005, and I quit again yesterday.

I know I am a humongous idiot for starting again in '05 cause this is ridiculous. I remember how it goes. This week will be hell, next not so bad, 3rd hell, then the next two weeks I'll be insane.

I know all the things they tell you to do but really, the only way to get rid of a nic fit is to HAVE A FUCKING CIGARETTE!!!!

I am trying not to bite anyone's head off. I have a 7yr old daughter now and I really don't want to traumatize her by being a huge bitch. A part of me says "You are not ready to quit, if you were, it would be easier". I told my daughter I was quitting, I can't go back on that. The last thing I want is for her to think it is ok or even good to smoke.

I think I am done ranting. Dammit.

Sorry to hear you have a fit over it. Must be my biology. I quit on and off but never had those fits and cravings. Hope you can tell yourself, like my Brother in Law in AA: one more minute, one more hour, one day at a time...

He's annoying with it, but he's been sober over a decade, so I really am not complaining.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yeah....just remember....when a craving hits.....take it second by second if you have to. craving usually last for a few minutes...so if you can hold out a few minutes and get thru a craving you can do it.....for me...the cravings weren't what was so bad. i jsut turned into a horrible person for the first month and a half. once again good luck and if you need someone to talk to or bitch to, or cry to....i'm here for ya

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey Jenn. Hang in there girl. It's so worth it. The first 3-4 days are the worst and then it gets better. The craving will only last as long as it takes to take one out and light it up. Pretty soon you'll mostly be forgetting about it.

The energy rush you are gonna get is so cool... When I quit I had a non-stop boner for about a month! The second week I started repainting the house. It was an old craftsman style place- really nice. Painted the interior paneling in three different shades white, and light grey. After it was done I decided it wasn't quite right, so I sanded it again and re-did it. LOL! (three coats of oil paint each time) Talk about a maniac!! Then I sanded and varnished all the floors, put new wallpaper above the wainscoting, etc, etc. Could not keep my hands off my wife either! It turned into two of the best months of my life.

So good luck and good on you for quitting.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Jenn, Just a short note to tell you to hang in there. I've never smoked but, from what I understand its as difficult if not more to quit than quitting heroin. Hang in there and you can look forward to being more beautifull than you already are. I also understand that a craving only last a few minutes so, take it one minute at a time.

Good Luck,
M

D

deleted136887

AARGHRG!!
I stopped for 8 days. Also stopped da booze(the linkage etc)
And I fell out of the bus about 7 hours ago. But man I felt good being of it....
Am getting on the wagon(cigarettes) right now again('cos there's none left in the house)
So hang in there.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's really inspiring to see a fellow smoker (well EX-smoker!) giving up the death sticks. Really not worth it in your situation, I mean with a daughter and everything. Just think of her, and her wedding day, maybe grandkids? All that to look foward to.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't want to jinx myself by saying it's getting easier, but tonight I'm OK. It's amazing how you live your life around being able to light up.

Vince, the nervous energy is great. Went for 3 45min walks today, did laundry, cleaned the yard, the kitchen and my daughter's room. I have so many things I have to get done this spring/summer. I was a slow smoker, about 5 minutes per cigarette. Sometimes I'd have more than one. I smoked a pack of 25 so that's around 2hrs a day spent smoking. Holy shit! I never looked at it that way before.

The dizzy spells are not fun though. I have to replace the habit with something positive. I'm now up to 64lbs gone so I can imagine how much is going to be gone by September. I will definitely be more active now.

I am really impressed and happy with all of your responses. I know I've talked to many of you one time or another and I want to say I truly appreciate your support. To my friends, thanks alot and to those of you I don't know, thank you too!!

Sappy time over :)