Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
So I've smoked since I was 12. I'm 22 now. I have pretty firm erections as far as I can tell, but I always read that quitting smoking makes you have harder erections. Has anyone actually experienced this? Or will the change be minimal? Also, I read somewhere that drinking plenty of water helps with firmer erections - can anyone speak to that as well?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
speaking as a former smoker (I've quit twice. This time its for good!), I can say that after a few weeks, the quality of my erections was amazing. The biggest difference is that as a non-smoker, my erections are always firm, even when they are weak (if that makes sense). When I smoked, masturbation was somewhat of a struggle. My dick was hard, but I would frequently loose firmness when I was jerking of fucking. Now, I stay 100% hard (and a much harder erection).

LittleButt

Just Browsing
Media
I quit smoking this summer after 21 years. I used Wellbutrin. One week after I started taking it I had quit. As far as erections go: I noticed no difference at all. A little hornier but that was because of the "happy pills".

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Smoking absolutely affects the quality of erections. Smoking affects your circulation, heart health and overall cardiovascular health - in the wrong direction. You're still young and haven't been smoking that long (though there's no such thing as a "healthy" amount of smoking), so you'll probably notice improvement after you quit - whether that's harder erections, more erections, or longer-lasting erections...who knows?

If you'd been smoking 20, 30, 40 it's less likely you'd notice any improvement at all. The longer you smoke the more permanent the damage is.

P.S. Your semen will taste better, too. I'm told smoker jizz tastes about as good as battery acid.