Quitting Twitter more popular than re-tweeting?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is quitting Twitter more popular than re-tweeting?

SAN FRANCISCO -
Twitter quitters outnumber the flock of habitual tweeters on the rapidly growing online communications service, a new study suggests. Most people aren't joining the Web site's jumble of conversations for very long. More than 60 percent of Twitter's U.S. users don't return a month later, based on an analysis of traffic trends unveiled this week by the research firm Nielsen Online. The lackluster retention rate of 40 percent suggests many people don't see the point in spending time on Twitter, which allows anyone to write about what they're doing or what's on their mind in messages, or "tweets," limited to 140 characters.
While some of the chirping is entertaining, thought-provoking or just downright helpful, much of the chatter can be quite banal as people update when they are eating, drinking and even puking. Nielsen's conclusions initially were ridiculed by some Twitter fans because the research firm didn't attempt to account for applications on mobile phones and other devices that bypass the Web site.
That limitation raised the possibility that Nielsen was wrongly characterizing some active users as Twitter quitters, prompting the firm to measure the alternative methods for tweeting. Nielsen still found about 60 percent of Twitter users aren't sticking around

Some say that if you're already on Facebook or some other social network, it's just redundant. I disagree, I dislike FaceBook because of all those ridiculous applications and quizzes. :irked: It becomes yet another obligation in a day already filled with obligations. :frown1: I don't want to water some girls cybergarden from high school. I don't really care if I am smarter than my best friends husband, I knew that 15 years ago. :rofl: :lmao: More importantly does a future employer (background checks now include FaceBook & MySpace) need to know what kind of kisser or Barbie doll I am? Didn't think so. :rolleyes: