Quiz to determine your orientation. What do you think of it?

Jeer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was bored, and did not have much to do, so I began thinking about sex and orientation and then this idea just came to me.

Below is somewhat of a 'quiz' to determine what orientation a person is.
Read it, and let me know what you think of it.

Comments welcome by all.

No offense to anyone is intended, in case someone does take offense.

Side note, I hope this is the right forum for this thread, as I didn't know where else to post it.

Cheers.

-----------------------START OF QUIZ----------------------------

In determining whether you are straight, bisexual or gay...imagine that ALL of humanity was asexual and we had
no private parts. So basically imagine that EVERYTHING sexual didn't exist.

Now, who do you have an EMOTIONAL need for? (as in love, like who you need to fulfill you emotionally)

if the answer is GUYS = you're gay
if the answer is GIRLS = you're straight
if the answer is BOTH = you're bi
if its both but more guys = you're bi with gay leanings
if its both but more girls = you're bi with straight leanings

that will tell you what you are.

Being str8, bi or gay...is ALL about mentality. Its not about what you 'do'. Its more about 'being'.
Just like being rich is more about about 'mentality' and 'being', rather that what you 'do'.

3 questions that might come up (they are all from a STR8 perspective, but its the same from bi/gay too)

(STR8, BUT DOING LIMITED STUFF WITH GUYS)
Q: What if you are str8, but the idea of/doing limited things with guys turns you on?
A: You are still str8. But you can say bi-curious as well. Because technically..
you can screw around with a cow, but that doesn't make you cowsexual does it? Its more about a physical interest than
anything else really.

(STR8, BUT DOING EQUAL STUFF WITH GUYS AND GIRLS)
Q: What if you are str8, but equally screw around with guys and girls?
A: They are technically still str8, but with bi-tendencies.
So yeah, technically str8, with bi-tendencies. Again, refer to the Q above. But then again, its more about how the
person decides to label themselves. They can simply say str8, str8 with bi-interest or just bi. But really...
they are str8. Because if sex was impossible...they would be with women. Sex is just a physical thing. Emotion just makes
it more 'intimate', which in itself makes it better. Well sometimes.

(STR8, BUT DOING EXCLUSIVELY STUFF WITH GUYS)
Q: What about if you are str8, but screw around with guys only?
A: I don't think that exists...but if it does...the person really needs to sit down and think what they like, because
they are probably lying to themselves about something.

--------------------------END OF QUIZ---------------------------

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why do we need labels? We can just be whatever we want to be. Fluid sexuality.

I have a dear friend who calls it Pansexuality, and as I get older, it's increasingly descriptive of who I am and what I'm about.

The fundamental flaw in this quiz is that it fails to take into account that men and women address different emotional needs in most people. There are times when I really need the company and support of women, sometimes men, sometimes it doesn't matter.

I do have to give kudos to the decoupling of sex and emotional commitment, though. That part impressed me greatly.

According to the quiz, I'm bi with gay leanings. IRL I've lived pretty much exclusively as a gay man for 32 years: I've had sex with three women and uncounted sums of men.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Jeer writes: Being str8, bi or gay...is ALL about mentality. Its not about what you 'do'. Its more about 'being'.

--------------------

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit! It IS about "what you do".

Homosexuality is an act. It's precisely WHAT YOU DO. There are no "homosexuals"! Only homosexual ACTS. A guy sucking another guy's dick is precisely a homosexual act. A guy having sex with a chick is a heterosexual act.

Where did all this emotional, gooey "it's not about what you do that determines sexuality" gibberish come from? It must have happened when "homosexual" became a noun instead of remaining an adjective.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jeer writes: Being str8, bi or gay...is ALL about mentality. Its not about what you 'do'. Its more about 'being'.

--------------------

Homosexuality is an act. It's precisely WHAT YOU DO. There are no "homosexuals"! Only homosexual ACTS. A guy sucking another guy's dick is precisely a homosexual act. A guy having sex with a chick is a heterosexual act.

Where did all this emotional, gooey "it's not about what you do that determines sexuality" gibberish come from? It must have happened when "homosexual" became a noun instead of remaining an adjective.

I won't be so disrespectful of your opinion, to call your post bullshit, but it is not logiclly argued. I identify as a homosesxual man. This has a great deal to do with emotional "goey" and not just sexual acts I perform.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Seriously, who needs a quiz?

agreed we don't need a quiz, but seriously....it's just a topic for discussion. Many of us, ask ourselves these questions and it is interesting to hear others opions...seriously, seriously

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

--------------------

Someone really needs to think longer on this one......your practically saying for example that a man can only be defined as a man if he conforms to critical criteria beyond the basics like gender is not the only thing that counts but he must also a) spent two years in the military b) support a football team c) dislike the colour pink and d) has put built all his furniture from flat-pack on his own.
Essentially your saying that a gay guy is not gay if he is a virgin....its all about mentality not action....your simply supporting the suggestion that homosexuality is a sin by stating its a physical thing.....well done.

Jeer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To clear up any confusion...by 'emotional need', I simply mean a romantic-emotional need.
Not friendship. Regardless of whether you are straight, bi or gay...you can be friends with both males and females and have a need to be friends with them.
What I am talking about is more of a romantic-emotional need. Where you have the need to get intimate with that person, and getting into love and all that. I'm not talking about friendship.

Just clearing that up.

As for the people who are having difficulty in agreeing whether 'gayness or homosexuality' is a state of mind or a physical act...I defined it as a state of mind. You can basically have sex with anything that has a hole. Its technically possible. But you can only love what you actually love. Therefore its a state of mind. Same thing with being straight. Someone isn't straight solely because they have sex with women. They are straight because they have an emotional need to be with a woman, and they lead a 'straight lifestyle' and all that. Its more than just an 'act'. And that goes for all 'orientations'...str8, bi and gay. Its a state of mind. (Whether thats bad/good, sinful or not is another topic and doesn't belong in this thread.)

And to those who say there are no need for labels, no offense or anything, but the only people I ever hear saying that are people who tend not to be str8 (from what Ive seen so far on this website). So if you don't like labels...thats fine, its your business, but this quiz is for those who want/need labels. Labels can help with identity. Its basically categorizing your sexuality. If we didn't categorize/label anything...we wouldn't understand the world we live in as well as we do now.

Now that we've got that out of the way...I'm looking forward to comments on how ACCURATE you think that little 'quiz' is, in determining what orientation a person is.

Also please take note...that to take this little quiz...anything sex related...doesn't exist. It says so at the very beginning :)
So please, no more mentioning the importance of physical 'acts'.

Thank you.

hoggindaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i also agree, i am straight but if you arent thats cool, no other person should tell you what to enjoy sexually, that should be each persons personal choice, in my opinion.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think you've obviously thought about it, but essentially you are not only providing a quiz but redefining the terms as you go. Sexual Orientation has been traditionally defined (since Kinsey) as the product of one's physical sex life and the fantasy life that lies behind it - on the theory that for a variety of societal reasons one my not be able to act on one's desires without interference. By eliminating both of those measures, and instead substituting emotional attraction, you are taking the sexual out of sexual orientation. I'm not outraged or offended, but I am a bit dubious. Not me, but many men seem to have a strong need for "male bonding" with close friends because they have overpowering emotional needs to connect with them, but they don't sleep with each other. In fact, from what I can tell from my gayish vantage point, they have an overwhelming aversion to homosexual intercourse, but would be defined as gay or bi in your survey.