R.Allen Stanford indicted for $7 billion fraud

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Jun 19, 2009.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

Isn't this just like a rich, white , Texas Republican? doesn't he just represent the mindset of who they care about and what they stand for?

This is yet another example of the failure of unrestricted free market capitalism and why we need MORE, not less, government watchdogs to prevent this.

President Obama's proposals to curb GREED (which is NOT GOOD) in the marketplace not only protect capitalism from itself, but they give new life to the concept of FAIR competition and speculation.

Hopefully, Stanford will receive a fair trial, and, if convicted, then be marched off to prison. There , he can learn a new skill, like macrame or making pruno.

How lovely for him.

2. houtx48

Gold Member

now, now let's not be bitter. he claims innocence and you should believe him. lollllllllllll

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    You have to wonder why he needs to much money? I'd like to have a few million myself, but I'd think of it as kind of shameful that someone scams $7 Billion. Can't one billion do?

4. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Similar to rich white Jewish New York Democrats. Does the 50 billion plus Bernie Madoff stole tell you anything about what 'they' stand for??

5. houtx48

Gold Member

i doubt party has much to do with it, they grease the wheels of both parties.

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

You may be surprised to know that in the Southern GOP machines, Jews are rarely considered to be "white." Please note: This is not my opinion. It is simply the way the majority of southern GOP members think without thinking, especially the evangelical tangents. Sad fact. But true. Still, I would be satisfied with just 500 million. I wouldn't want to appear greedy. LMAO! :biggrin1:

7. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

When you make blanket statements of this nature, you need to back them up with facts. Ooops, pardon me for expecting this to be a reasonably intelligent discussion. I forgot it was on the politics thread.

8. houtx48

Gold Member

i think perhaps he has not been the south in a number of years. Contrary to popular belief many parts of the south are quite progressive.

9. cruztbone

Gold Member

1. Bernie Madoff was not even a registered Democrat, nor did he make a regular habit of contributing to any progressive political organizations. 2. A few parts of the south are progressive, including Atlanta and Austin; but overall, Texas politically is still more like Saudi Arabia than it is like its neighbor New Mexico. And yes, i have traveled to all of the above within the last five years. 3. As far as making blanket statements on politics are concerned, when the facts consistently support the behaviors we see on the political right, with concurrent arrests, trials and convictions, the proof is wrapped up like "pigs in a blanket". And, midlifebear, speaking of some people, i dont treat any person as "slinkies" to be pushed down stairs. Youve seen too many Joan Crawford movies, dearie.

Draft saved Draft deleted