R.Allen Stanford indicted for $7 billion fraud

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Isn't this just like a rich, white , Texas Republican? doesn't he just represent the mindset of who they care about and what they stand for?

This is yet another example of the failure of unrestricted free market capitalism and why we need MORE, not less, government watchdogs to prevent this.

President Obama's proposals to curb GREED (which is NOT GOOD) in the marketplace not only protect capitalism from itself, but they give new life to the concept of FAIR competition and speculation.

Hopefully, Stanford will receive a fair trial, and, if convicted, then be marched off to prison. There , he can learn a new skill, like macrame or making pruno.

How lovely for him.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Isn't this just like a rich, white , Texas Republican? doesn't he just represent the mindset of who they care about and what they stand for?

Similar to rich white Jewish New York Democrats. Does the 50 billion plus Bernie Madoff stole tell you anything about what 'they' stand for??

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Similar to rich white Jewish New York Democrats. Does the 50 billion plus Bernie Madoff stole tell you anything about what 'they' stand for??

You may be surprised to know that in the Southern GOP machines, Jews are rarely considered to be "white." Please note: This is not my opinion. It is simply the way the majority of southern GOP members think without thinking, especially the evangelical tangents. Sad fact. But true. Still, I would be satisfied with just 500 million. I wouldn't want to appear greedy. LMAO! :biggrin1:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
You may be surprised to know that in the Southern GOP machines, Jews are rarely considered to be "white." Please note: This is not my opinion. It is simply the way the majority of southern GOP members think without thinking, especially the evangelical tangents. Sad fact. But true. Still, I would be satisfied with just 500 million. I wouldn't want to appear greedy. LMAO! :biggrin1:

When you make blanket statements of this nature, you need to back them up with facts. Ooops, pardon me for expecting this to be a reasonably intelligent discussion. I forgot it was on the politics thread.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
i think perhaps he has not been the south in a number of years. Contrary to popular belief many parts of the south are quite progressive.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1. Bernie Madoff was not even a registered Democrat, nor did he make a regular habit of contributing to any progressive political organizations. 2. A few parts of the south are progressive, including Atlanta and Austin; but overall, Texas politically is still more like Saudi Arabia than it is like its neighbor New Mexico. And yes, i have traveled to all of the above within the last five years. 3. As far as making blanket statements on politics are concerned, when the facts consistently support the behaviors we see on the political right, with concurrent arrests, trials and convictions, the proof is wrapped up like "pigs in a blanket". And, midlifebear, speaking of some people, i dont treat any person as "slinkies" to be pushed down stairs. Youve seen too many Joan Crawford movies, dearie.