Race Affects Online Dating Responses

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I tell my observation honestly (the most disgusting thing I find is to pretend to be politically correct), Asian males and Black females are on the bottom in the interracial dating game ladder. If I provoke anyone by saying this, sorry. But that's what I have personally observed.

Interesting that you put those two groups together. I have always said if I were into Asian men or black women I would be very busy because those two groups cruise me a lot for some reason. Never been able to figure out why exactly. MAYBE with the Asian gay men they are attracted to me because I am 6'1, large boned, etc. But that plays into the stereotype that Asian men are small and also assumes small guys like big guys. As for black women, maybe they also tend to value the "football player" bodies? Not that I am anywhere as big as some of those guys, but it's the "type" I seem to represent for the people who REALLY get into me.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's the very definition of racism. Preferring one race over another.

Have to TOTALLY disagree with that statement. Are gay men sexist because they prefer men over women? Are str8 women sexist because they prefer men over women?? I don't think so. You like what you like and you can't help it and you can't change it. If you like strawberry jelly should you feel you must like grape jelly instead? If your favorite color is blue, should you feel your favorite color should be yellow? If your favorite flower is peonies should you feel bad because it isn't roses?? Ridiculous. It's your innate sense of beauty and whatever is beautiful to you is beautiful to you and there is nothing wrong with that.

Racism is HATING other races. If you just aren't sexually attracted to certain races that's not racism any more than not being attracted to certain genders is sexism.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Where were GLBT people in this survey! It was totally heterosexually biased, which pisses me off. I would suspect that Black men would do better with gay men because of their generous endowments.

Kewl -- Two sterotypes for the price of one!

1) Black men are hung
2) Gay men are size queens

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no, not just hating.
judging. having preconceived ideas about their intellect, moral fibre or worth.
you're right about sexual attraction but to say only hatred is racism is to play down a serious issue.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know NJs OP was on online dating, but I think the color card has a different value in different countries. I've never tried online dating, but IRL I've never lacked attention from the white guys in my part of the world - on the contrary, I sometimes get so much attention due to my "exoticness" that my girlfriends envy me.

I went to Puerto Rico once with a blond co-worker and the girls were all over him. Often he was the only blond boy in the bar. I definitely think it was the exotic factor.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
honestly, we can all sit here and play nicey nice and pretend that we don't judge others and that we aren't born into a society that builds a subconcious, and sometimes very concious, prejudices against others...

but it's a bunch of crap.

everyone has prejudices. everyone judges. everyone doesn't want to admit it.

Steinweg9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is all about pheromones.
I read of a study several years back...it was very simple, I'll use no jargon.
A lineup of men slept in T-shirts. A lineup of women, including women related to each man, were asked to smell the T-shirts and identify the one to which each was most attracted. The women chose family members.
Result: we will all look outside the immediate family unit for a mate, but we won't stray very far -- only to the outer edge of the clan. Humans of other races just smell, generally, too foreign to us.
I am 49...a guy in his 20s has been sitting next to me in a choir in which I sing, and the smell of him is driving me crazy. I could just melt into him...squeeze him to death and lick him head to toe without stopping. It's a combination of several things, but his air makes me indescribably happy. I want to go home with him and just be in that smell everywhere, breathing it in at his house. Alas. Would that I were a lovely lady, much to his liking, and maybe 21 years old...
Oh well.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could just melt into him...

It's a combination of several things, but his air makes me indescribably happy. I want to go home with him and just be in that smell everywhere, breathing it in at his house.

i think i might use this for a poem. would you mind?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
honestly, we can all sit here and play nicey nice and pretend that we don't judge others and that we aren't born into a society that builds a subconcious, and sometimes very concious, prejudices against others...

but it's a bunch of crap.

everyone has prejudices. everyone judges. everyone doesn't want to admit it.

Pitbull don't play nicey nice.
You are right
its a bunch of crap.

Racism:
From Merriam Webster Dictionary
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you saying I'm a drama queen? :tongue:

I have so much trouble buying jeans that fit. You have no idea, apparently long legs and round bootys aren't meant for denim. :frown1:

No, I am saying that a while Angela Bassett looks like Gloria Swanson in 'Sunset Boulevard".

love2suckcock

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I used OK Cupid for a few years, and I met exactly the kind of guy NJQT likes. He was in his thirties at the time, about 6 years ago I think. He was A German (complete with hot accent) working in NYC for the German gov't. He lived half a block from Central Park, and had fireplaces in and balconies off of his living room and bedroom in his apartment on the top floor of an Upper West Side brownstone. His tasteful, custom clothing screamed out, "Ka-Ching!" He was funny, passionate, adventurous, assertive, confident, and direct. He spoke in images, and he was very gentle. His manners were above reproach. He had impeccable taste in food and wine. Neither of us were looking for anything long-term at the time, and at the end of the season, I moved on, and he went back to his ex from Germany.

The point is, I'm black, and never had any trouble finding what I was looking for online at OK Cupid, Plenty of Fish, and Match. I never initiated contact with anyone. I posted two really hot pictures, two pretty pictures, and ten pictures of myself being a jackass at a friend's house(depending on how many pictures the site permitted; OK Cupid permitted only five). I wrote a short paragraph about myself, and a longer paragraph detailing the exactly what I like, and what I wanted from a man. I sprinkled a few jokes into the mix, and that was my ad. I got tons of replies, and I responded to fewer than 5% of them. Of the men with whom I exchanged messages, I met up with fewer than half. I figure if someone isn't getting any responses from men they like at all, they need to revisit their presentation of themselves.

It also probably helps that I was open to men from all races, and walks of life, provided they were hot, tall, considerate, funny, smart, and not looking to change me.
Love this response.
I met my husband online. I'm black, he's white. But the same year I met him, I also met 3 other white guys online through 4 different sites. 1 yahoo, 1 craigslist, 1 aff and one usenet. The ads I had out (excluding the usenet where there was no ad) were very clear about who I am (likes rock and roll etc) and what I was looking for.
I married the yahoo and am still friends with the others.
Some people have problems dating either online or offline or both.
Just my two cents.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love this response.
I met my husband online. I'm black, he's white. But the same year I met him, I also met 3 other white guys online through 4 different sites. 1 yahoo, 1 craigslist, 1 aff and one usenet. The ads I had out (excluding the usenet where there was no ad) were very clear about who I am (likes rock and roll etc) and what I was looking for.
I married the yahoo and am still friends with the others.
Some people have problems dating either online or offline or both.
Just my two cents.

That is very true. In my case, I was conducting an experiment. Without talking to me and without my creating any type of profile and no picture, with the only variable changed in the profile being racial designation, I received very very different results. I was not really interested at that point once my suspicions were confirmed.In both the cases of Alter Ego and yourself there are probably other variables at work.

vibrator

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People are people, everyone is different and they do what they do, I'm sure there are differences between who has time to respond also.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's so much to comment on this thread so I will do it in small bites. I used to do online dating but I have stopped due to my age more than anything. I will be 50 this year and I know that if I put the truth in my profile I will rarely show up in most men's searches. I have decided to concentrate on my social life as a way to meet suitable men. just today I received an e-mail from some (East) Indian guy through meetup.com. He tells me he is 35 and would like to meet me for a drink.

Yes, I am black. One of those types that on either coast in the US will get lost with the other cultures but will immediately be identified as black in the midwest where I am from.

My erstwhile FB was using the N word when I met him ("The Nazis were right") and I told him he couldn't speak to me like that since I am black. He would not believe me.

among black women that I speak with, the general belief is that a black men will work harder in a relationship with a white woman than with a black woman. Mr. Can't Ejaculate had told me about a 4 month relationship he had with a white woman in which he found the time and money to drag her to couples counseling. IT was the only white woman he dated. And it was the only he had paid for therapy with. I mentioned this to a couple of black friends whose immediate reactions were that he was despearate for the white experience. Even a white friend remarked, see how much more money he'll spend on another woman than on you.

I read that many black women do not want to date outside of the race. Sometimes I wonder if it's the white media just trying to keep us in our place.

I try not to think in terms of race. But when you find a pattern, it's hard not to. I find that the type of black man who is attracted to me is the poor boy who has made good professionally and decides that he wants a cultured white or light skinned wife to complete his transformation to the middle class. There are problems with this of course. They are still insecure and need to be in control. I just can be bothered with it.

More later, got to go for NYE.