Race and America

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by jay_too+Jul 29 2005, 03:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay_too &#064; Jul 29 2005, 03:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So why are there hundreds of breeds of dogs worldwide and so few human races? The human population is greater than the population of domesticated canines.
[post=332827]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

apples and oranges. dog breeds have been deliberately "engineered", by humans, through controlled breeding for specific purposes.

<!--QuoteBegin-ChimeraTX
@Jul 29 2005, 03:58 AM
The human races have a lot more differentiation than the dog breeds do.
[post=332828]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
:eyes: hilarious. once again demonstrating that you can safely ignore this moron as far as facts are concerned.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by GottaBigOne@Jul 28 2005, 10:03 PM
Ok, im done, for now. I&#39;ve shown you all my conservative side, and I feel like I need to even it out, I feel too close to sean hannity right about now so I&#39;ll leave with this:
Legalize marijuana&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[post=332848]Quoted post[/post]​

:yourock:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ok TBH I cant be arsed reading most of this, it&#39;s boring as hell.

But, from my stand off-ish point this is what I see:

1: everyone basically calling Chimera a Nazi

2: Chimera claiming that basically, he would prefer if all races developed seperatly.

Now, I might be misinturpreting it, but from what I can see after scanning this and the invasion of this into the thread I made in Meet and Greet, that generally, people are being a bit unfair to Chimera.

Basically what Chimera seems to be advocating is Apartheid*("Seperate but equal development") not Nazism ("Whites are superior all others should be rounded up and killed").

He also appears to be expressing a general preference to people similar to him, not a feeling of superiority against other people.

So, though I am perhaps misreading this situation, I think people are being a bit silly about this and are infact making themselves look foolish by this jumping on the anti-nazi bandwagon. As from as far as I can see, Chimera isnt advocating nazism.

*Im referenceing Apartheid as in the Afrikanner word in it&#39;s actual meaning, not the Apartheid Government of South Africa as lead by the White supremecist National Party untill 1994.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GBO, clearly you give him more credit than I do. I am already sufficiently convinced that he IS a white supremacist based on many of the sources he uses for reference, but if you give him the benefit of the doubt, your choice.

Also, I feel that your ideas, while certainly good ones are far more utopian that I can accept. Yeah, merit based hiring and increased education DO sound like the right approach, Affirmative Action was only supposed to be a temporary thing until the field was more level. Guess what? It&#39;s still nowhere close to level&#33; Why? Because subtle and far less-than-subtle bigotry have been allowed to remain and flourisn ever since the 60&#39;s. There has been less than a full effort to increase education in the inner cities (ha&#33;), teachers willing to teach there must accept far lower salaries, which means there are far fewer teachers and of less quality than in the white suburbs. It sounds great to say that we should "make discrimination illegal", but of course, it&#39;s ALREADY illegal&#33; That has IN NO WAY made it go away&#33;

Yes, there is an undercurrent of blacks, women and minorities who flaunt their Affirmative Action status in the face of other workers, and this is inexcusable. The companies that hire them usually don&#39;t want to go through the bother of firing them, knowing what a hassle it will be to prove they were not working, knowing the aclu will be brought in to try to show discrimination, but laziness is really shared by both the poor workers and the management that won&#39;t make it stop. There is no part of racial quotas that says minorities only have to show up, and tolerance of this attitude fans the flames. It&#39;s hard to feel sorry for "Corporate America" having to take responibility for the situation, because if they&#39;d have just done the right thing on their own, it would never have been necessary.

We legislate because people simply won&#39;t do the right thing on merit alone, I wish it were not so. I would like to have more faith in my fellow man, but his track record is hideous. To ignore the reality of how it really is in preference of how it would be in a perfect world doesn&#39;t accomplish anything. We don&#39;t live in a perfect world, sadly not even in a good one. Most people are really not very decent, and ethics in Corporate America are so grotesque that I have very little hope for any improvement without a serious change in social attitude. From my own personal experience, I left job after job, field after field because of that very reason, the politics and behavior of the people involved were so nasty I just couldn&#39;t be around them. If I can&#39;t look myself in the mirror in the morning, it doesn&#39;t matter how big my paycheck is.

I did spend ten years working with several groups to increase educational opportunities for minorities and help get bylaws passed within organisations to encourage opening up the doors to people other than white males only. I have put my money hwere my mouth is, therefore I feel I have a right to bitch. I worked with a battery of attourneys for one company that was deeply involved in trying to exterminate sexual harassment from within it&#39;s ranks, you just can&#39;t believe how rampant THAT still is, much less how few companies give a damn at all. I felt priveledged to be involved, and I feel good about the time I spent there. Unfortuantely, we all have our breaking points. I did what I could and left while I still had some sanity left.

That is what I mean by reality. It is all well and good to preach from on high, but until we not only acknowledge that the flaws in the system are so enormous, but apply OUR OWN time and effort to change tham, it won&#39;t get better. Those who are in positions of authority to hire (as I was) need to TRULY give equal consideration to minority and women applicants, not just lip service. I had one fellow manager actually tell me to give preference to men because they had families to support&#33; Like women don&#39;t have kids, I guess- what a turd. It is very hard for a minority to go into a job interview with his head held high and confidence in his step after he&#39;s been turned down time after time, and he knows fully well why. I literally had people begging me to give them a chance (it was really sad) even though they were black/female/hispanic. Most of my positions were in small towns where racial profiling on jobs is far worse than even I could have imagined. Many of them proved to be my best employyes, but the ones who didn&#39;t work were fired based on that fact, and I endured the process to improve the system.

I wholly believe that the only people who can fix the system are the people in places of authority to hire. Since they won&#39;t just do it on their own, even though we all wish they would, what choice do we have but to install quotas? You can&#39;t just say, "I don&#39;t know what the answer is, but I don&#39;t like this part" without honestly acknowledging what the results of those ideas have been and are.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, I understand we don&#39;t live in a perfect world, and I understand that there needs to be something done in order to eliminate racial or sexual preference in the workplace, but affirmative action does not do it. You pointed out yourself that it in fact creates resentment. So then if it is not working and is actually making things worse than it must be scrapped. Instituting quotas only gives people jobs, it does not teach them to earn it. "If you give a man a fish, he eats one day...."
Affirmative action does nothing to advance minorities, it holds them back. Discrimination is illegal, it should be enforced. But that does not mean forcing a person to hire minorities that are not qualified. What you are asking for is equal opportunity, opportunity does not mean guarantee to succeed.
Also it seems like a lot of people see employers as providing a public service first and foremost as if their duty was to supply jobs for others. This is ridiculous. People open up businesses to make money, not to be able to pay others money. So does anyone have a "right" to work for me? Not if they can&#39;t make me money. Regardless of their race, if they can&#39;t do their job and make me money i shouldn&#39;t have to hire them. I should be allowed to hire anyone I want regardless of sex, race, whatever. If then a business owner wants to be discriminatory and not hire minorities, then boycott them. Make it unprofitable for them to do so, and they will soon change their tune. Money is what business is about, take it away and you have nothing. Take it away from a business and you can make them do whatever you(the customer) wants. Take away their ability to make it by forcing them to run their business a certain way and you&#39;ve achieved your goal. But peole are not entitled to jobs, just like money they must earn them.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Free enterprise is self correcting. For example, consider the widely held misconception that women do the same work for less pay. If true, all a savvy entrepreneur would have to do is hire only women. He could then underprice his competition while maintaining the same profit margins and corner the market.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jul 29 2005, 04:30 PM
GBO, clearly you give him more credit than I do. I am already sufficiently convinced that he IS a white supremacist based on many of the sources he uses for reference, but if you give him the benefit of the doubt, your choice.

Also, I feel that your ideas, while certainly good ones are far more utopian that I can accept. Yeah, merit based hiring and increased education DO sound like the right approach, Affirmative Action was only supposed to be a temporary thing until the field was more level. Guess what? It&#39;s still nowhere close to level&#33; Why? Because subtle and far less-than-subtle bigotry have been allowed to remain and flourisn ever since the 60&#39;s. There has been less than a full effort to increase education in the inner cities (ha&#33;), teachers willing to teach there must accept far lower salaries, which means there are far fewer teachers and of less quality than in the white suburbs. It sounds great to say that we should "make discrimination illegal", but of course, it&#39;s ALREADY illegal&#33; That has IN NO WAY made it go away&#33;

Yes, there is an undercurrent of blacks, women and minorities who flaunt their Affirmative Action status in the face of other workers, and this is inexcusable. The companies that hire them usually don&#39;t want to go through the bother of firing them, knowing what a hassle it will be to prove they were not working, knowing the aclu will be brought in to try to show discrimination, but laziness is really shared by both the poor workers and the management that won&#39;t make it stop. There is no part of racial quotas that says minorities only have to show up, and tolerance of this attitude fans the flames. It&#39;s hard to feel sorry for "Corporate America" having to take responibility for the situation, because if they&#39;d have just done the right thing on their own, it would never have been necessary.

We legislate because people simply won&#39;t do the right thing on merit alone, I wish it were not so. I would like to have more faith in my fellow man, but his track record is hideous. To ignore the reality of how it really is in preference of how it would be in a perfect world doesn&#39;t accomplish anything. We don&#39;t live in a perfect world, sadly not even in a good one. Most people are really not very decent, and ethics in Corporate America are so grotesque that I have very little hope for any improvement without a serious change in social attitude. From my own personal experience, I left job after job, field after field because of that very reason, the politics and behavior of the people involved were so nasty I just couldn&#39;t be around them. If I can&#39;t look myself in the mirror in the morning, it doesn&#39;t matter how big my paycheck is.

I did spend ten years working with several groups to increase educational opportunities for minorities and help get bylaws passed within organisations to encourage opening up the doors to people other than white males only. I have put my money hwere my mouth is, therefore I feel I have a right to bitch. I worked with a battery of attourneys for one company that was deeply involved in trying to exterminate sexual harassment from within it&#39;s ranks, you just can&#39;t believe how rampant THAT still is, much less how few companies give a damn at all. I felt priveledged to be involved, and I feel good about the time I spent there. Unfortuantely, we all have our breaking points. I did what I could and left while I still had some sanity left.

That is what I mean by reality. It is all well and good to preach from on high, but until we not only acknowledge that the flaws in the system are so enormous, but apply OUR OWN time and effort to change tham, it won&#39;t get better. Those who are in positions of authority to hire (as I was) need to TRULY give equal consideration to minority and women applicants, not just lip service. I had one fellow manager actually tell me to give preference to men because they had families to support&#33; Like women don&#39;t have kids, I guess- what a turd. It is very hard for a minority to go into a job interview with his head held high and confidence in his step after he&#39;s been turned down time after time, and he knows fully well why. I literally had people begging me to give them a chance (it was really sad) even though they were black/female/hispanic. Most of my positions were in small towns where racial profiling on jobs is far worse than even I could have imagined. Many of them proved to be my best employyes, but the ones who didn&#39;t work were fired based on that fact, and I endured the process to improve the system.

I wholly believe that the only people who can fix the system are the people in places of authority to hire. Since they won&#39;t just do it on their own, even though we all wish they would, what choice do we have but to install quotas? You can&#39;t just say, "I don&#39;t know what the answer is, but I don&#39;t like this part" without honestly acknowledging what the results of those ideas have been and are.
[post=332962]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you, Jana.

This is a very complex problem and there are always going to be people who abuse it on either side of the coin. As there are people who will also be disadvantaged as well. I have to respond to GBO&#39;s comment that because it causes resentment AA should be scrapped. Dont you think all of the generations of people up to this very day who have experienced repeated acts of discrimination and racial profiling arent resentful? Your damn skippy&#33;
This topic is so tiring to me that I think I will leave it at that....

naughty

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Jul 29 2005, 04:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Jul 29 2005, 04:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shelby@Jul 29 2005, 09:51 AM
Free enterprise is self correcting.
[post=333005]Quoted post[/post]​
Two words to discredit that stance: Windows 95.
[post=333085]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Shouldn&#39;t that have read:
"One word to discredit that stance: MicroSoft"

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Jul 29 2005, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I&#39;ve been on Linux since 2001.
[post=333131]Quoted post[/post]​

And thanks to you I&#39;ve been on it this year.

Yeah, you guys really have it going on. We&#39;ll just let all the white guys who own companies hire white guys to work for them and just expect it to self correct. GBO, I don&#39;t believe you said that. *hands cluephone to GBO* Hey, no one WANTS to give up a position of power voluntarily, even Chimera said that&#33; If not forced kicking and screaming, it will never happen. I said clearly that employers should hold their employees accountable to do the work for which they were hired- if they don&#39;t, they can fill out the forms and fire their asses. How hard is it to snap a polaroid of someone sleeping on the job? How hard is it to keep attendance records? Not very, I managed. Just because it&#39;s not a perfect system doesn&#39;t mean no system at all would be preferable, but please, try maintaining that attitude with brown skin and tits. I doubt you&#39;d feel the same if it was YOU. I had to work twice as hard as the white guy next to me to get promoted, if it was anywhere close, they&#39;d pick him- that blows. I figured if I buried the next closest competitor I&#39;d get the promotion, but I still might have to go through arbitration even with an enormous advantage on record. Not fair, not even close. Yeah, I managed to keep up the frantic pace necessary to progress, but I sure as shit burned out in ten years. I would have given anything to be one of the regular guys, just doing the job for which they were hired, maintaining the budget assigned instead of doubling and tripling it.

I was a single parent the whole time I was in sales, so it&#39;s not like my situation was less crucial than the next guys&#39;, but my accomplishments pretty well had to be extreme to be recognised. I actually had one manager who liked me a great deal when I started ask me (I was the ONLY one) to stop posting my sales on the board like everyone else because it was making the guys feel bad&#33; Yeah, men&#39;s egos were actually considered part of MY job responsibilities&#33; Fuck that, seriously.
I was made to feel ashamed of my accomplishments instead of congratulated for a job well done. The general feeling existed across the board in the mortgage business, cemetery business, home improvement sales, credit card processing and even things I was involved in less deeply. I must assume that since you yourself are not prejudiced, you have simply not seen or experienced these things yourself. I&#39;ve had many white friends who couldn&#39;t believe I had men in hoods and robes in my front yard in Parkersburg WV in 1999 chanting "Nigger go home", but their lack of belief doesn&#39;t change the reality of what I experienced.

If someone as intelligent as yourself has arrived at such awful conclusions, there really is very little hope for racial and gender equality in the future. We already had what you suggest- no system, remember how well it worked? I seem to recall it sprouted a lot of riots for civil rights and the implementation of several (still widely ignored) laws. I&#39;d be more in favor of setting up committees to oversee the hiring habits of companies to enforce the laws we have rather than scrapping the system and telling minorities to fuck off.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by naughty+Jul 29 2005, 05:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naughty &#064; Jul 29 2005, 05:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jul 29 2005, 04:30 PM

[post=332962]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you, Jana.

This is a very complex problem and there are always going to be people who abuse it on either side of the coin. As there are people who will also be disadvantaged as well. I have to respond to GBO&#39;s comment that because it causes resentment AA should be scrapped. Dont you think all of the generations of people up to this very day who have experienced repeated acts of discrimination and racial profiling arent resentful? Your damn skippy&#33;
This topic is so tiring to me that I think I will leave it at that....

naughty
[post=333007]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Two wrongs don&#39;t make a right. I&#39;ll leave it at that.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jul 29 2005, 11:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jul 29 2005, 11:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Jul 29 2005, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I&#39;ve been on Linux since 2001.
[post=333131]Quoted post[/post]​

And thanks to you I&#39;ve been on it this year.

Yeah, you guys really have it going on. We&#39;ll just let all the white guys who own companies hire white guys to work for them and just expect it to self correct. GBO, I don&#39;t believe you said that. *hands cluephone to GBO* Hey, no one WANTS to give up a position of power voluntarily, even Chimera said that&#33; If not forced kicking and screaming, it will never happen. I said clearly that employers should hold their employees accountable to do the work for which they were hired- if they don&#39;t, they can fill out the forms and fire their asses. How hard is it to snap a polaroid of someone sleeping on the job? How hard is it to keep attendance records? Not very, I managed. Just because it&#39;s not a perfect system doesn&#39;t mean no system at all would be preferable, but please, try maintaining that attitude with brown skin and tits. I doubt you&#39;d feel the same if it was YOU. I had to work twice as hard as the white guy next to me to get promoted, if it was anywhere close, they&#39;d pick him- that blows. I figured if I buried the next closest competitor I&#39;d get the promotion, but I still might have to go through arbitration even with an enormous advantage on record. Not fair, not even close. Yeah, I managed to keep up the frantic pace necessary to progress, but I sure as shit burned out in ten years. I would have given anything to be one of the regular guys, just doing the job for which they were hired, maintaining the budget assigned instead of doubling and tripling it.

I was a single parent the whole time I was in sales, so it&#39;s not like my situation was less crucial than the next guys&#39;, but my accomplishments pretty well had to be extreme to be recognised. I actually had one manager who liked me a great deal when I started ask me (I was the ONLY one) to stop posting my sales on the board like everyone else because it was making the guys feel bad&#33; Yeah, men&#39;s egos were actually considered part of MY job responsibilities&#33; Fuck that, seriously.
I was made to feel ashamed of my accomplishments instead of congratulated for a job well done. The general feeling existed across the board in the mortgage business, cemetery business, home improvement sales, credit card processing and even things I was involved in less deeply. I must assume that since you yourself are not prejudiced, you have simply not seen or experienced these things yourself. I&#39;ve had many white friends who couldn&#39;t believe I had men in hoods and robes in my front yard in Parkersburg WV in 1999 chanting "Nigger go home", but their lack of belief doesn&#39;t change the reality of what I experienced.

If someone as intelligent as yourself has arrived at such awful conclusions, there really is very little hope for racial and gender equality in the future. We already had what you suggest- no system, remember how well it worked? I seem to recall it sprouted a lot of riots for civil rights and the implementation of several (still widely ignored) laws. I&#39;d be more in favor of setting up committees to oversee the hiring habits of companies to enforce the laws we have rather than scrapping the system and telling minorities to fuck off.
[post=333189]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Couple of points madam. First: I am not white, look at my avatar, I have brown skin.
Second: I did not say that free-enterprise evens itself out, that was another poster.
Thirdly: I did not advocate scrapping the system in exchange for no system at all. While I am against restricting freedom of thought (and discrimination falls into the sphere of thought or beliefs) I would be in favor of making hiring discrimination based on race and gender illegal.
My overall point about AA is that it doesn&#39;t get the job done, and is actually harmful because it does make a level playing field, it merely gives those that have had a disadvantage before an advantage now. If employers were "forced" to hire based solely on qualifications and minorities were more qualified, than it follows that more minorities would be hired. Simply making employers fill a quota only multiplies the problem. And also, would you feel right if you were given a job you hadn&#39;t earned simply because you are a woman of color or because you earned it? I know you would choose the latter based on your personality, and that you are only dissatisfied with the way things have been for you, that you couldn&#39;t advance when you were doing the job because you were a woman. Yes, I agree that is wrong. But is force really the answer? People will be prejudiced whether or not you force them to act otherwise. the real solution would be to attempt to change people&#39;s beliefs and take away their prejudices, show them how much a woman can do, make them realize that this isn&#39;t a man&#39;s world, and that women can do just as much. If they still choose not to promote you, then go into competition with them make them sorry you are not working for them, hit em where it hurts, it is not your right to get a promotion even if you feel you have earned it, thats the way the real world operates. Is the real world fucked up? Yes, but I know I&#39;m not the first to point that out.

If we were to really attack the problem and better prepare minorities to compete with "the white man" in the marketplace then they would not need the handouts and quota-inspired prmotions. Who wants to be a lapdog? The answer is better education in the inner city, and also a little work from within minority communites so they can raise themselves up and stop living the way that they sometimes do. Welfare and affirmative action do nothing but placate people and keep them where there are. "Without struggle there is no progress" It takes hard work, and it shouldn&#39;t be easy. Forcing your enemy to act a certain way is not a victory. Showihng your enemy the errors of his ways and changing his attitudes goes a lot further.
I truly am sorry for what has happened to you in the past regarding your race, and I wish you never had to go through that. I wish people didn&#39;t think the way they do, but the only way to change their minds is not by force, but by actually showing them that they are wrong.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GBO, as much as I love you, that is the most hilarious post I&#39;ve read from you to date.
For the third time, hiring based on race IS ILLEGAL, why do you KEEP saying you&#39;d be in favor of making it so?

Originally posted by GottaBigOne@Jul 29 2005, 05:04 PM
Yes, I understand we don&#39;t live in a perfect world, and I understand that there needs to be something done in order to eliminate racial or sexual preference in the workplace, but affirmative action does not do it. You pointed out yourself that it in fact creates resentment. So then if it is not working and is actually making things worse than it must be scrapped.
[post=332979]Quoted post[/post]​

Perhaps I&#39;m confused, but this certainly seems to say you think we should throw out AA- what am I missing? It creates resentment partially because some minorities take advantage and partially because some white people don&#39;t want to share. Do you really suggest we get rid of every social structure that is imperfect? That would be absurd. Until we come up with a VIABLE and REALISTIC alternative, it&#39;s the best we&#39;ve got. Politicians have had about fourty five years to do better but haven&#39;t, so this is what we&#39;re stuck with.

And actually, you&#39;re wrong about promotions, it is ILLEGAL to pass someone over for promotion based on race or gender, ask any attourney. What the law states and what people do, however are rarely the same thing. At this point I will withdraw because I believe you have not experienced nearly enough about corporate America to hold a valid argument with me. Please don&#39;t give me your opinions about the law unless you familiarise yourself with it first. I worked with a battery of attourneys on issues of corporate law, discrimination, sexual harassment and hiring practises as well as inner-company by-laws. I have the benefit of having seen first hand the law in action, all it takes is for a company that chooses to follow it to do so, sadly extremely few will. The company I worked for in the cemetery industry was to be the only one that I ever worked for that was interested in voluntary compliance, the twenty-plus jobs I held after were ALL completely corrupt in these areas. It IS possible (although my company was based in Canada, less ego) just not comfortable.

Like we&#39;ve said with religion, there are many who are only good out of fear of God, but for those people I&#39;m glad God is there so they don&#39;t rob me. There are a great majority of employers who wouldn&#39;t hire minorities at all if they weren&#39;t forced, so I&#39;m grateful they&#39;re forced so at least some people get a chance. Without that forcing there will never be anything close to equality-ever&#33; You forget that despite my bitching, much progress has been made. It&#39;s slow, tedious, stupid and frustrating that people won&#39;t just wise up without a painful struggle, but struggle on we will and in the end, there is no choice but to accept the validity of all human beings. We can celebrate our differences rather than condemn based on them (it&#39;s so much better now than 25 years ago&#33; Interracial couples used to get threatened in the streets, now that rarely happens in cities, rural communities will take another 50 years). There are less killings of blacks by the KKK, there are far more people who find Apartheid and white supremacy abhorent, people who talk of such things now draw little more than ridicule. I remember the "N" word being used commonly when I was a child, now people know that&#39;s a horrible way to identify a person. Progress, baby steps, but I&#39;ll be goddamned if I&#39;M taking a step backward after all the work I&#39;ve done for the advancement of social issues just because people want to focus on the minutia instead of the larger issues.

I know you&#39;re not white, but you live in New York&#33; Try spending a year in Parkersburg WV with that brown skin then talk to me again.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Jul 29 2005, 11:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Jul 29 2005, 11:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock@Jul 29 2005, 06:47 PM
well, it is if you deliberately piss off a lot of people on the internet :eyes:
[post=333186]Quoted post[/post]​
You&#39;re still on about that? I don&#39;t have anything left to prove.
[post=333191]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
you never did :eyes:

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok Jana, I havent worked in corporate america, so I&#39;ll shut up. Im not an lawyer so I&#39;ll shut up. But first, I was saying that I&#39;d be in favor of making hiring discrimination illegal, I said I am in favor of it, I just think that should be all. Also I did not say it wasn&#39;t illegal not to promote based on race or gender only that i think it shouldn&#39;t be illegal, legal and right are two very different things. But I am tired of talking to you, and I will now stop giving you reasons to laugh at me and dismiss me. Thanks.