Race and Sex

ucsb123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was talking to my housemate, who is Asian. He was told by a mutual friend (white girl) that he was cute for an Asian. It's just absurd to think that there are people out there that characterize and entire race then later sexualize (or de-sexualize, in this case) the race. I've been asked by girls, that since I am black with big hands and feet that I must be like 30" down there. They were not completely dissapointed (7inches, but not like WOW), but made me think that most people are at the average regardless of race. Then the classic hispanic lover, or exotic mixed race (i'm mixed and was a little put off by a New York Times article that stated that being mixed race is the new "it" thing, as in fadish in fashion).

Just wondering other people's sentiment...and also some solutions. Personally I feel that once we achieve more economic equality, this might ensure enterance into the mainstream. By achieving enterance into the mainstream and political realm, this will enable marketers to take heed. By taking heed, the images posted would hopefully reflect actuality.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting post, I cant wait to see where it goes.

I was talking to my housemate, who is Asian. He was told by a mutual friend (white girl) that he was cute for an Asian.
Cute for an Asian? :wtf2: Though I have never been with an Asian man it's not because I don't find them attractive. Many Asian men are drop dead gorgeous.

It's just absurd to think that there are people out there that characterize an entire race then later sexualize (or de-sexualize, in this case) the race.
Absurd? :confused: Uhm, no it's kind of the norm in America. :rolleyes: I am glad that you and your generation find it odd. Hopefully you can help to change the way in which people are perceived.

I've been asked by girls, that since I am black with big hands and feet that I must be like 30" down there. They were not completely dissapointed (7inches, but not like WOW), but that made me think that most people are at the average regardless of race.
Girls ask that to your face without really knowing you? :eek: How crass! Do they expect you to just whip it out and hit them with it? :confused: I agree and I think studies show that most men are at the average regardless of race.

Then the classic hispanic lover, or exotic mixed race (i'm mixed and was a little put off by a New York Times article that stated that being mixed race is the new "it" thing, as in fadish in fashion).
I saw that article and was kind of put off as well, even though I am not bi-racial. It just seemed a tad silly. As if they were announcing that yellow was the in color for spring. Bi-racial or multi-racial people are in to date right now. So go down to the local Gap, Starbuck's or Benetton and get yourself one! :tongue::rolleyes:

Just wondering other people's sentiment...and also some solutions.

Personally I feel that once we achieve more economic equality, this might ensure entrance into the mainstream.

By achieving entrance into the mainstream and political realm, this will enable marketers to take heed. By taking heed, the images posted would hopefully reflect actuality.
hahaha :lmao: Fat chance of that. When was the last time you saw a Mc Donald's or KFC commercial where the black people weren't singing and/or dancing? Madison Ave. recognizes that there is ethnic diversity they just need help depicting us as 'normal' people.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
I agree and I think studies show that most men are at the average regardless of race.

After all the research I've posted you still stand by that without blinking an eye? The masses tend to stand by their opinions no matter what, and you're falling right in line. I have my predispositioned opinions just like anyone, but what separates me from the masses is that I'm willing to objectively research in much detail and accept the data/studies even if it were, or were not, to go against my prior thoughts. You claim to be above average in intelligence, and I do think you're smart, so why do you stand by that no matter what? I can provide much data right now. Charts out the ying yang. Can you? Why analyze no better than so many janes and joes do? Experiences are fine njqt, but that does not constitute validation as to whether a correlation exists or not.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After all the research I've posted you still stand by that without blinking an eye? Yes, I do; because most of your research is crap.

The masses tend to stand by their opinions no matter what. I have my predispositioned opinions just like anyone, but what separates me from the masses is that I'm willing to objectively research in much detail and accept the data even if it were or were not to happen to go against my prior thoughts. You cliam to be above average in intelligence, and i do think yoiu're smart, so why do stand by that no matter what? I can provide tons of data right now. Charts out the ying yang. Can you? No, all you can do is say your experience is that. Experences are fine, but that does not constitute valididation as to whether a correlation exists or not. You stand by that through hell and high water.
I am so sick of your ridiculous ethnocentric ramblings on this topic. I have seen your data and studies and most of them define craptastic. I find it difficult at best to take seriously a study with a sample of less than 200 people when it deals with a topic such as this. Even 300 men is a poor sample size when you consider the number of men in a city, county, or state. The fact that much of your data comes from BET is laughable and I always take those 'facts' with a grain of salt.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
I've posted far more than just the Asian study of 123 men you're mentioning. Yes, I read around BET but that was just as supplementation to compare out of interest and I don't usually bring it up. Much of my data does not come from there. Wrong. You're having a rather selective memory here. I just can't get any credit around here because those findings are politically incorrect on a predominately politically correct forum.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I don't have a problem that different cultures find different types of look attractive.

My Chinese friends never agree with me as to which Chniese or more widely which Asian girls are cute.