Race for the white house clinton vs. trump(what will it take to win the white house?)

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trump is as popular as a pet rock - today. And that ain't saying much.

Like it or not Hillary is your next president. Investigation isn't going to turn up much, if anything new. Give it up.

I agree that an investigation won't turn up much but trump should have been out of the picture a long time ago. That is the true testament to the american public. Meaning this is the democrat's election to lose. Not saying they will, just saying that those supporting trump couldn't care any less who his vp would be.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the big things with presidential campaigns is the massive amounts of cash needed. The pundits are asking about how Trump will be able to afford the general with just his own money as it it estimated to cost over a billion dollars per candidate. As rich as Trump claims to be, he does not have a billion dollars in his pocket he can just cough up on demand. Thing is, I don't think he will need a billion dollars or anything near that.

The reason presidential campaigns cost so damn much is because of the cost of campaign ad buys. Combine Trumps Twitter, Instagram, and facebook followers; Trump can reach more people with a 3 AM tweet than the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the LA times will reach in a week. A single instagram video from Trump will get sent out over multiple social media platforms and be the talk in the ether for several days while a three state ad will not get noticed. And MSNBC, FOXNEWS, CNN, and most local/state/national press outlets will cover his postings spreading it out even further. Such coverage would cost Hilary Clinton hundreds of millions of dollars with her conventional campaign style. It will cost Trump a fraction of that if it costs him anything and he will still be heard by more people than she will.

You take into account the superpacs that will be against Clinton, the requirement on the RNC to provide funds to the Party's prsidential nominee, and just the ungodly amount of free media Trump can get and he might actually make a profit rather than have to spend his own money. Clinton is going to need a massive warchest just to stay relevant. He is not going to need anywhere near a billion dollars to run for the presidency. Clinton will. How do you think that is going to play on the campaign trail? Clinton constantly begging for cash while Trump can just sit in his tower in his underwear sending out attack ads and campaign slogans.

Who is the puppet and who is the puppeteer?

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the big things with presidential campaigns is the massive amounts of cash needed. The pundits are asking about how Trump will be able to afford the general with just his own money as it it estimated to cost over a billion dollars per candidate. As rich as Trump claims to be, he does not have a billion dollars in his pocket he can just cough up on demand. Thing is, I don't think he will need a billion dollars or anything near that.

The reason presidential campaigns cost so damn much is because of the cost of campaign ad buys. Combine Trumps Twitter, Instagram, and facebook followers; Trump can reach more people with a 3 AM tweet than the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the LA times will reach in a week. A single instagram video from Trump will get sent out over multiple social media platforms and be the talk in the ether for several days while a three state ad will not get noticed. And MSNBC, FOXNEWS, CNN, and most local/state/national press outlets will cover his postings spreading it out even further. Such coverage would cost Hilary Clinton hundreds of millions of dollars with her conventional campaign style. It will cost Trump a fraction of that if it costs him anything and he will still be heard by more people than she will.

You take into account the superpacs that will be against Clinton, the requirement on the RNC to provide funds to the Party's prsidential nominee, and just the ungodly amount of free media Trump can get and he might actually make a profit rather than have to spend his own money. Clinton is going to need a massive warchest just to stay relevant. He is not going to need anywhere near a billion dollars to run for the presidency. Clinton will. How do you think that is going to play on the campaign trail? Clinton constantly begging for cash while Trump can just sit in his tower in his underwear sending out attack ads and campaign slogans.

Who is the puppet and who is the puppeteer?

Yeah and that part about her begging for money...yeah bernie (and his supporters) kind of exposed that wound for everyone else to see and throw dirt into. Highly doubt trump would go in for that kill since he'd hurt himself in doing so but that wouldn't stop other republicans from pouring salt into it. Seeing as how many established republicans are currently kneeling to blow trump's likely loud orange pecker.

Didn't people say that about a black president?

No, when did they say that? :) Looking at the culture of the US, it's an aggressive society, it is. Yes, secretaries of state travel around to try gain peace deals and cease fires.

As an outsider you do not trust yourselves, it is written into your constitution to be this way, when it comes to your neighbours this mistrust becomes more evident Proof, look at your own gun laws and how close the vote is there.

Will US citizens at this point in history, considering what the world situation is at this time, go for a sex change in US Presidential politics....No.

If Clinton had of beat Barrack in the last nomination, she would have been president, maybe by a slimmer margin, maybe not for a second term, who knows. Anything would have been better than what the opposition was offering.

Clinton is better than Trump, I just do not think the US is ready. He picks on her specifically in his yapping because she is the weaker opponent in his eyes, while making out to Democrats she is his worry. Old trick, focus on an oppositions weak spot, make as though it was the oppositions strongest so they draw their defences there. Don't hear him say much about Bernie.

By doing this he weakens both opponents, divides opposition support forcing them into using resources on an opponent he can beat in an election, while weakening support for the other who is a danger to him. He did this to his own Republican party. While they where looking over there...he was concentrating over here and beat them.

Last edited by a moderator:

The man is a fool though, inciting anger to win a Presidency. When a leader who does this is not able to deliver......well, they will do more than bite his hand off. Anything with Trump written on it will become a focus of peoples anger and instability.

Just my 2 bobs worth. 2 bob are 2 of these in old Australian currency

Last edited by a moderator:

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No danger of that.

Although Clinton's polling ahead (and assuming she's the nominee), I haven't seen anything that would suggest Trump is so far behind as to effectively be out of the race. He's still competetive.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Only 6 point difference in the latest polling. That's definitely not insurmountable between today and election day.

Sanders has a 13 point difference in his favor. Depending where the numbers are at the time of the convention I can certainly see him making his case to the super delegates (which is kinda funny since his more fervent supporters have been decrying them).

Last edited:

I don't know which bathroom there, but in New York there is a place called I think .....Dump Towers. If in dire need of a # 2

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To be fair to Trump, and just in case anyone thought otherwise, he's said the North Carolina Law was a mistake that never should've been put in place and he's held that stance since the topic came up.

He's wrong on a lot of issues, but not that one.

He's also come out on record in support of non-discrimination policies against LGBT workers.

He really milks the Xenophobia stuff, but he holds more liberal views on some social issues (not all of them, but some).

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although Clinton's polling ahead (and assuming she's the nominee), I haven't seen anything that would suggest Trump is so far behind as to effectively be out of the race. He's still competetive.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Only 6 point difference in the latest polling. That's definitely not insurmountable between today and election day.

Sanders has a 13 point difference in his favor. Depending where the numbers are at the time of the convention I can certainly see him making his case to the super delegates (which is kinda funny since his more fervent supporters have been decrying them).

My reference was to the earlier poster saying all Trump had to do to win was keep his mouth shut.

However Hillary suddenly has even more legal issues than her e-mails. I can see at least one scenario playing out where she withdraws from the race. Her biggest problem is not Trump, it is now, more than ever herself and Bill. Not good.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
American politics tio the extreme, mebeee
not unexpected tho ..huh'
WELCOME to the USA General election phase 2016 .. what orf the future ones, if any ..

Film criticising Clinton campaign screened at Cannes

Published on May 16, 2016
A documentary called 'Clinton Cash' could be the most controversial movie of the year at the Cannes Film Festival.

The film is based on the best-selling book of the same name. It contains allegations that Bill and Hillary Clinton have repeatedly traded their influence in exchange for big cash donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Clinton to California voters, you're vote doesn't matter. "It's already done".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-...848.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592&yptr=yahoo

Oy... What the hell, what the hell with it? o_O There are 475 pledged delegates in California. And Clinton says they don't matter... Her pledged delegate lead is a little over 300 in pledged delegates. If she is not careful with the "You don't matter" lines, California could turn completely against her. If that happens, The democratic convention is going to get real messy real fast.

I know she doesn't like that Bernie just won't go away, but attempting to erase the idea of Bernie standing a chance by belittling the voters of the largest population in the union... not smart...

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yup...it'll get ugly..both conventions..perusing the news feeds on the iPad, I've noticed 5 separate articles dealing wth how bad the Sanders' vs, Clinton thing is and how bad it can get.,Most of it is propaganda..slanted towards a Clintonesque bias.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

social commentary
Clinton vs Trump
F/me, what a choice you A mericans have in 2016 ..

welcomne to
the demise of the WORLD
courtesy of the Mighty USA
best country/killing power in the world ..

upright_member

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
social commentary
Clinton vs Trump
F/me, what a choice you A mericans have in 2016 ..

welcomne to
the demise of the WORLD
courtesy of the Mighty USA
best country/killing power in the world ..
don't be too harsh on the yanks, rbkwp, aussies have their own morons in contention too to lead

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

'smile'
when the real Americans have to concentrate on SOCTUS and/or GOP

whatever the F' they mean in the grand scheme of things ha

but, makes sense, good luck whatever yous get up to
doubt its going to make a huge difference whoever takes that mantle ..

may as well continue bitching about both of thrm, your future God???

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This race is going to boil down to "Who do you hate the least". Donald has higher disapproval numbers, tis true, but there is a big difference between not liking someone and hating them. From people that I talk to who have a negative opinion of Trump, their vitriol only goes so far. If he went back to his tower and went.. relatively... quiet for a few months, they would move on to the next thing that they can rage against. People I talk to who have a negative opinion of Hilary Clinton... they hate her. I don't mean the really don't like her. I'm talking broiling, seething, righteous, indigent, HATE. It's welded in place.

Who's worse? Lex Luther or Darkseid?

Reactions: Jjz1109