Race Rant

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We have not and probably will not ever knew true racial, ethnic, or cultural freedom until many generations ahead of ourselves when these distinctions stop serving their "purpose."

Look... this is silly... you are right, but not for the reason you think...

People are DESIGNED by evolution to characterize their environment..
It makes understanding the world around you easier to classify things with an assumption... until experience shows you different...

All I have heard out of Marley is stereotypes of white people... next thing he'll be dragging out that black community myth of white folks poisoning KFC....

So he's in no position to cast the first stone in this glass house...

and yes... cultural stereotypes WILL disappear in several generations...
but not until we are all the same color of mocha-java with dark hair and dark eyes... all speaking the exact same language and laughing at the exact same joke...

Until the homogenization of humanity.... get used to the fact that others will jump to conclusions about you... about as much as you jump to conclusions about others...

And lighten up about it.

Don't take it serious and it won't BE serious.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
PS-- all my life, when black folks called me a cracker... I would point out my mediterranean skin tone and reply... "look at this... I am not no cracker... I'm more of a graham cracker".

They would laugh... I would laugh.

That's a far better place than to be pissed at people for being people.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'd suggest you all read Hung, a book by Scott Paulson-Bryant. He talks about how while some of us black folks in modern times have embraced the myth of the black man with the humongous dick, it has also been the cause of our downfall at times.

Some of that mythology goes back to slavery and the poisonous attitudes that caused many lynchings.

The history makes me cautious how closely i would embrace such a thing.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
6 out of 7 days a week i laugh it off, hence my attempt at a joke about starbucks, and i'm dropping the defensiveness and being real. what i'm saying is that one day a week i'd like for my skin color to NOT be an issue. whether its the KKK or the person interviewing me, or a co-worker or a teacher, how am i supposed to feel equal and "forget about our differences" when they're constantly being pointed out. this can go beyond color. i had a straight "friend" who, literally, when we went out or he introduced me to his peoples, he'd refer to me as "his gay friend". my point and the thing i'm worried about, if someone is naive enough to believe a stereotype about penis-size, they may be naive enough to believe that they shouldn't hire me for a job because of OTHER black stereotypes (welfare case, crime, stupid, inarticulate). i don't care if you guys say my penis is big cuz i'm black, i'm not crying over that. im SCARED for my future because you guys are all defending behavior that's rooted in racism, stereotyping, THATS what i was trying to get at. how am i supposed to feel equal to you all when i get stared down when i walk into a gas station, but even that i can brush off, no harm no foul. the unfairness comes in when i'm applying for a job and the person interviewing me likes to feed into black stereotypes, then my color is affecting my livelihood. you guys wouldn't understand that and it's not your fault but it's terrible of you to discredit what i'm saying just because you can't relate. white stereotypes (starbucks, no rhythm etc) are jokes, you guys don't have stereotypes that affect your livelihood, black people do. get it yet??

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
keyword "history" ... the sooner you get over it, the sooner you go onto live a happy, normal life
what a way to live.. spend your life bitter at "white man" .... like any of us had ANYTHING to do with , get real, and get over yourselves, id be ashamed to be black with so many people always pulling the race card,,, its such a pathetic excuse... get over it, ITS OVER! the only ones carrying on about it are the blacks...

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
6 out of 7 days a week i laugh it off, hence my attempt at a joke about starbucks, and i'm dropping the defensiveness and being real. what i'm saying is that one day a week i'd like for my skin color to NOT be an issue. whether its the KKK or the person interviewing me, or a co-worker or a teacher, how am i supposed to feel equal and "forget about our differences" when they're constantly being pointed out. this can go beyond color. i had a straight "friend" who, literally, when we went out or he introduced me to his peoples, he'd refer to me as "his gay friend". my point and the thing i'm worried about, if someone is naive enough to believe a stereotype about penis-size, they may be naive enough to believe that they shouldn't hire me for a job because of OTHER black stereotypes (welfare case, crime, stupid, inarticulate). i don't care if you guys say my penis is big cuz i'm black, i'm not crying over that. im SCARED for my future because you guys are all defending behavior that's rooted in racism, stereotyping, THATS what i was trying to get at. how am i supposed to feel equal to you all when i get stared down when i walk into a gas station, but even that i can brush off, no harm no foul. the unfairness comes in when i'm applying for a job and the person interviewing me likes to feed into black stereotypes, then my color is affecting my livelihood. you guys wouldn't understand that and it's not your fault but it's terrible of you to discredit what i'm saying just because you can't relate. white stereotypes (starbucks, no rhythm etc) are jokes, you guys don't have stereotypes that affect your livelihood, black people do. get it yet??

so far the only racist in here is.... YOU
you have the same oppurtinity as anyone else to strive in life as everyone else, weather you choose to take hold of it and do something with it is up to you,, if you ask me, it looks like youll be another statistic, on welfare, bitching on your front porch about how "whitey" got you down and whitey is stoppin you from doin what you wana do, stop having a pitty party for yourself and go out there and give people a REASOn to not put you in that lazy black man stereotype you seem to think everyone has..all you are doin here is reinerating that steroetype and proving it to be true.. you are just another black person bitchin about how you cant do anything cause whitey has got you down, shut up and go do somethin about it....

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
wow you couldn't be more ignorant. you americans are so priveleged that the only complaining you understand is your own. the only people i want to respond to this is people who have never complained a day in their life. exactly, EVERYONE has off days, i'm actually a very well accomplished black person if i do say so myself and that success runs rampant throughout my family. i simply posted one blog about one feeling i had and you guys have turned this into all kinds of hell. first of all, if you cant relate to it, why do you continue posting?? this is SO far beyond penises people. my life is going to be stellar regardless of what you priveleged,spoiled american white people think of me, i was just simply stating a displeasure at something that goes on. it's not the only thing i talk about, i have threads on such topics as aids, poverty in africa, and poetry but i don't expect you to contribute to those seeing as how all youre intersted in doing is arguing

cm70874

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What is the prob Marley? Would you prefer peeps to say "Of he must be small because he is black"........no you would rather take the "black" out of it period and I understand. But dude get over it. I didn't get to read through everyone's comments, but you are falling into the same ignorant category you are placing everyone else in. How dare you try take away from the true struggles of countless African Americans. You dare tell someone else they have a sheltered life, have you been beaten, thrown into jail or treated less than a person because you were black. I am disgusted to share the same race as you......taking something as frivolous as penis size and turning it into an all out race war. DUDE GROW UP!!!!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
okay, it may be a losing battle to try and save face here but this is what led to the war. i simply stated, in so many words, that i don't enjoy stereotypes. is this an agreeable sentiment?? you guys were so focused on the penis thing that you're completely ignoring everything else i'm saying because this goes beyond color, like my straight friend who introduces me as his "gay friend, but he cool though". to say you're embaressed about me means youre probably embaressed to be black because we're a beautiful diverse people and i can tell you're one of those uncle toms who's probably in a sorority.

am i playing the same game, throwing stereotypes around?? yes. why?? because according to all of you it's not a big deal

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
wow you couldn't be more ignorant. you americans are so priveleged that the only complaining you understand is your own. the only people i want to respond to this is people who have never complained a day in their life. exactly, EVERYONE has off days, i'm actually a very well accomplished black person if i do say so myself and that success runs rampant throughout my family. i simply posted one blog about one feeling i had and you guys have turned this into all kinds of hell. first of all, if you cant relate to it, why do you continue posting?? this is SO far beyond penises people. my life is going to be stellar regardless of what you priveleged,spoiled american white people think of me, i was just simply stating a displeasure at something that goes on. it's not the only thing i talk about, i have threads on such topics as aids, poverty in africa, and poetry but i don't expect you to contribute to those seeing as how all youre intersted in doing is arguing

I have highlighted the stereotypes you placed into a single post.

ALL of your posts read like this.

How can you decry others doing what you are so guilty of yourself?

And the thing you are complaining about... that white folks assume your dick is big... that is in no way impugning YOUR character. Whereas every stereotype you spout agaisnt others is actually demeaning.

You posted a complaint against prejudice that revealed your own prejudices...

Don't be surprised when folks call you out on being the pot calling the kettle black.
( and no... that is NOT a racial reference.... cast iron is all black)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NEW RULE!!!! since my point was stereotypes in general, there is to be NO MORE MENTION OF THE PENIS STEREOTYPE BECAUSE ITS NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!! and if u read my earlier post, u'll see that i'm gettin on the prejudging bandwagon that everybody keeps defending. i used to argue with my father all the time because he had such a negative opinion of white people, the stereotypes i'm listing is halfhearted because noone is taking this thread seriously, you're all breaking neck to deconstruct every line i write to prove how wrong i am and ignoring the fact that what you're defending is PREJUDICE. this doesn't rule my life, i don't hide in the closet and cry about it, i wrote a 1 paragraph post that you guys are acting like i tried to release as the bible. i wonder if you guys spend half as much time doing volunteer work in your communities as you spendtelling me what an embaressment i am

cm70874

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually I am in a Fraternity...... Kappa Sigma and proud. And throw the sterotypes around as freely as you want, just don't pitch a bitch when they come back. And sorry to burst your bubble, I am a proud, African-Russian American. I have been on both sides of the fence and I am strong for it. But I, like hopefully one day you will, have realized that the pathetic forms of racism I may or may not have faced, are nothing compared to what my grandparents and so on have experienced. Who doesn't understand is you dear sir, you are stuck in this I hate white people state of mind, and don't try to deny it, your past comments prove it, that you don't realize that the one thing you are preaching for, is what is holding you back. How can you rant on about how everyone is racist and blah blah blah, then become the very thing you are against. You are nothing more then a breathing contradiction.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have highlighted the stereotypes you placed into a single post.

ALL of your posts read like this.

How can you decry others doing what you are so guilty of yourself?

And the thing you are complaining about... that white folks assume your dick is big... that is in no way impugning YOUR character. Whereas every stereotype you spout agaisnt others is actually demeaning.

You posted a complaint against prejudice that revealed your own prejudices...

Don't be surprised when folks call you out on being the pot calling the kettle black.
( and no... that is NOT a racial reference.... cast iron is all black)

maybe you misunderstood me, aids in africa isn't a stereotype, it's a reality. the infection rate isn't even measured in people, there are entire tribes infected with the disease

cm70874

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"that was a disgusting an uncalled for thing to say from a uncle tom, white lookin anti-african american such as yourself, you've even permed your lovely kinks to match the mane of white people. you're not embaressed of me, you're embaressed of yourself and your own skin color"

Don't ever send me a Private Message, if you don't have the balls to post this publicly, then take the hit and back down. I am as proud of my white side as I am my black. And for you to have the audasity to point out how light I am proves how much of a coward you are. Trust and believe my shit ain't permed, this is all natural. Was that black enough for you, or do i need to pull out my dick. I am by no means embarrassed of my skin tone, I am embarrassed of people like you, who still think you are going to wake up one day and head out to the fields. Honestly, I think you enjoy this.......this hatred. Just some failure at life and just looking for someone to blame.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
cm707 or whatever ur name is, i hope whatever ur posting is entertaining everybody else cuz ur uncle-tom ass is definitely blocked. atleast the other people conversing with me had valid points, you're just another e-baller spreadin hate and negativity. now, back to the conversation which is desperate for a turn. since we're on the subject of stereotypes, anybody feel like sharing a story of experiencing this firsthand?? every group has prejudices so this shouldn't be too hard, i'll start.

an old roommate who is also gay was riding a city bus, when he boarded and sat down the person in that seat got up and told the driver he didn't want a faggot trying to touch him, since we all know we gay people are sex-craved monsters who go around touching who and whatever we want :rolleyes:

cm70874

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
loves it......... And for everyone else I am "entertaining" the quote it one of my last post, was a private message shit-stain sent me, full of personal attacks. like I said he is a coward, he could debate with you guys becuase majority or you were white, but when faced with an actually African- American, he realized how immature and flat out ridiculous his comments were. So my uncle-tom ass has a term for people like him..........DOUCHE-BAG!!!!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
wow, as soon as i tried to end the argument it got quiet in here, were you guys really that passionate about the subject or do you just like telling people they're wrong. i originally wrote the thread to find someone to relate to, black, white, male, female, gay, straight, someone who has experienced any level of prejudice, instead i unleashed the race wars, now that i'm trying to end the war and have a topical discussion does anyone want to participate or have you gotten your fix of internet hatin?? is it true that you'd rather argue with someone that converse??

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
maybe you misunderstood me, aids in africa isn't a stereotype, it's a reality. the infection rate isn't even measured in people, there are entire tribes infected with the disease

The stereotype is your hammering home the fact of your being a BLACK man concerned with AIDS in Africa.

Aids is going thru Asia as well... What, no concern for our yellow brethren?

This does not mean black men should not be concerned... its just that AIDS in africa has nothing to do with your being black... nothing to do with the post.

Invoking it at all is a stereotype.

Not to suggest that I do not invoke my own stereotypes... surely I do... but then, I don't jump down people's throats for doing so.

The point I hope you take is that I am not saying you are wrong because you stereotype... I am saying you are no different than anyone else.

If its a universal human trait... we can just ignore it and not take it so seriously.

Casting whites as thinking of blacks in stereotypes IS ITSELF A STEREOTYPE.

Me, I can laugh about it...

You are doing it just as bad as anyone else...

you should laugh about it, too.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The stereotype is your hammering home the fact of your being a BLACK man concerned with AIDS in Africa.

Aids is going thru Asia as well... What, no concern for our yellow brethren?

This does not mean black men should not be concerned... its just that AIDS in africa has nothing to do with your being black... nothing to do with the post.

Invoking it at all is a stereotype.

Not to suggest that I do not invoke my own stereotypes... surely I do... but then, I don't jump down people's throats for doing so.

The point I hope you take is that I am not saying you are wrong because you stereotype... I am saying you are no different than anyone else.

If its a universal human trait... we can just ignore it and not take it so seriously.

Casting whites as thinking of blacks in stereotypes IS ITSELF A STEREOTYPE.

Me, I can laugh about it...

You are doing it just as bad as anyone else...

you should laugh about it, too.

phil you obviously didn't read or atleast comprehend what i was saying. the aids thing was completely separate. i was talking about how i do more than complain about stereotypes, aids in africa is another thread i have that's completely different. and if you read my last post which you obviously didn't, you'd see that i started this thread simply looking for people to relate to as far as dealing with prejudice, BEYOND color. try not to be so quick with your rebuttal if you're going to respond, make sure you actually understand what i'm saying because to date you haven't, you've completely misconstrued what i said about aids in africa