Race, Sexual Desire, and Politcal Consciouness

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by cricketsliar@Oct 17 2005, 06:40 PM

No, I'm Not From South-Africa.

Even for many sexually "liberated" African-American/Black Peoples today, the notion of experimenting with S/M, on a interracial basis, seems to conjur up a history of physical abuse associated with things like whipping during slavery. So As a Black Gay Man, you could conceivable be turned on by a fantasy of Interracial domination, but not try it since it echoes many aspects of the relationship between White/Blacks during slavery.
[post=352625]Quoted post[/post]​

Before I proceed/attempt to answer this question (or statement) let me just make this clear: I am not a practitioner of S/M. That being said.

I do not see why this would hinder and individual (a black individual) from performing this type of sex. Black people today have not lived through slavery so being "whipped" should not engender memories of them being "whipped" by a slave-owner. Understand, that when I say 'should not' I do not mean such feelings are inappropriate and misrepresented, I mean that such memories, for my part, would seem weird.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by GoneA@Oct 19 2005, 11:00 PM
Before I proceed/attempt to answer this question (or statement) let me just make this clear: I am not a practitioner of S/M. That being said.

I do not see why this would hinder and individual (a black individual) from performing this type of sex. Black people today have not lived through slavery so being "whipped" should not engender memories of them being "whipped" by a slave-owner. Understand, that when I say 'should not' I do not mean such feelings are inappropriate and misrepresented, I mean that such memories, for my part, would seem weird.
[post=353333]Quoted post[/post]​
People will most always find that which they seek.