Racism haunts Obama

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do you peeps ever think that maybe people don't really care what race he is, they just don't like him as a politician - then the media spins up the race card and says that people don't like him because he is black or has a Muslim name? I generally think that the media thrives on these "shock tidbits" and everyone buys into it. Are there people out there that won't vote Obama because he is black? Sure. Are there people out there that won't vote Clinton because she is a woman? Sure. Are there people out there that won't vote McCain because he was in the military? Sure. Are there people that won't vote for Ron Paul because he believes in the Consititution? Sure. Are there that won't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon? Sure. Are there people that won't vote for Richardson because he is overweight? Sure. I mean, please people. Can't you see that the media has just picked the most controversial subject to create ratings?

But the media wouldn't focus on these "controversial topics" if people never paid attention to them to begin with. Plenty of people pick Presidential candidates based on celebrity, image, and everything else besides the main issues. The media knows this, so they continually bring up these tabloidish stories about each candidate that really don't mean a thing except to those who choose to obsess about them. You've seen some of the ridiculous threads about Clinton & Obama on this board. Sometimes I wonder how people come to these outrageous beliefs about the candidate they support or hate, whether they put them on the Pedestals of God or in the fiery pits of Purgatory. And God forbid if you tell any of these conspiracy-theory finding individualists they're not using their heads. :rolleyes:

Rational thinking people will ignore all of the non-issues and make a sound choice based on topics that do matter. I just hope there's more rational thinkers out there come in November.

bosatbk

Sexy Member
Media
:confused:
I agree. Hillary has a lot of baggage but he's catching up.

She strikes me as an angry person, and someone who for some reason feels threatened by white people. She's been privileged and should rejoice in that. I won't call her a racist, but she has issues.

That's my feeling. Something is just not right which can't be explained. It's a feeling I have inside which is not how his supporters feel about him. I can't in good conscience vote for him. McCain doesn't do much for me, but if I have to choose, it's going to be McCain. :redface:

I wish there were more choices available. :rolleyes:

Ms. Teacher -

1) His baggage is not nearly the same amoutn of the clintons, hence they go after him for his associations with others and not for things he has actually done. The clintons have shown time and time again that they are not trustworthy and that they lack the right judgement. Lying to the public about sniper fire, lying under oath to america and the courts regarding adultry, stealing from the white house on their way out (look it up on google, you will find articles about this), pardoning criminals before they leave office etc...

2) Calling Michelle angry is your lack of understanding. Just because she is priviledged to go to a school like Princeton does not mean that she never faced racism and that it didnt have an effect on her. I hate when blacks are described as angry because they share their opinions. Im sure she rejoices in her current state now, but even so, the fact we must have this convo on this thread explains why she would feel like an outsider and not always feel so accepted.

3) and you voting for mccain instead of barack if hillary doesnt win just does not make sense to me. You will vote for someone who stands against the complete opposite of hillary when you have someone who basically is runnin on the same platform as hillary? You will vote for someone that will add additional judges to the supreme court that will most likely restrict your rights? you will choose someone who is willing to stay in Iraq for 100 more years. You will vote for someone who said the economy is doing fine? Please explain your logic because it does not make sense. If you truely believed in Hillary, youd vote for her party and not against it. People who talk liek this confuse me

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you are right on there HotBulge. The appeal of Obama, for those who are politically awake, also rests in the reality that four (or eight) years of Clintonism is four or eight more years of the same crap in a different package. Going forward, we are looking at a potential Bush(HW) Clinton(WJ)/Bush(GW)/Clinton(HR)/Bush (Jeb)/Clinton(Chelsea?) power chain that the media-military-industrial complex puppet-masters salivate over. B.H. Obama throws a wrench in that chain, hence his appeal.
I think this is hogwash. If anyone wants change, they would vote for someone like Ron Paul.
BHO still funds wars just like the neo-conservatives, just like Bush.
BHO still wants to leave troops in all the overseas bases, just like the neo-conservatives, just like bush.
BHO still wants to leave troops in Iraq for 5 or so years, they don't want a deadline, and BHO hasn't said a deadline, just a desire.
BHO still wants to spend money on the war on drugs (which has been proven that it is a waste. Plus, think of all the people who would not be in jail just because they had an ounce of weed), just like the neo-conservatives, just like Bush.
BHO still wants to continue the No Child Left Behind Act, a failed Bush policy.
BHO still wants to continue the Patriot Act, just like Bush.
BHO still wants the Real ID Act, just like the neo-conservatives, just like Bush.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between BHO and the neo-conservatives here...

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I actually think people voted for Bush and co because of 9/11. 9/11 was so tragic on so many levels that most people had post-traumatic stress syndrome and simply wanted protection or a sense of security from that nightmare ever happening again. Rove managed to create a message that simply had Bush as trying to protect the US by any means necessary. That was enough for most people. That's why there was a code orange every 2 weeks leading up to the second election--build the fear and have Bush play tough guy sheriff. No one believed that Kerry would protect them. Fear won out.

So, you may account for the Bush Jr's win in the 2004 election, but that still doesn't explain the 2000 election with Bush vs. Al Gore. Needing security in a post 9/11 world never justified going into Iraq under the fabricated evidence that the Bush administration offered.

Actually, we all know that the Election 2000 was determined by a judicial fiat of the Supreme Court. In a parallel universe with Al Gore as President for 8 years, how would America have developed and prospered? Let's not invest too much energy into speculative, alternative history with Al Gore as president, but it is fair to presume that Al Gore would have offered more judicious leadership under a UNITED (and not divided) STATES of AMERICA!

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But the media wouldn't focus on these "controversial topics" if people never paid attention to them to begin with. Plenty of people pick Presidential candidates based on celebrity, image, and everything else besides the main issues. The media knows this, so they continually bring up these tabloidish stories about each candidate that really don't mean a thing except to those who choose to obsess about them. You've seen some of the ridiculous threads about Clinton & Obama on this board. Sometimes I wonder how people come to these outrageous beliefs about the candidate they support or hate, whether they put them on the Pedestals of God or in the fiery pits of Purgatory. And God forbid if you tell any of these conspiracy-theory finding individualists they're not using their heads. :rolleyes:

Rational thinking people will ignore all of the non-issues and make a sound choice based on topics that do matter. I just hope there's more rational thinkers out there come in November.
What? I don't know how many times in my short life I've heard people complain about the media being biased and retarded when it comes to politics. Furthermore, I don't know anyone that particularly likes the mud-slinging politics that all the candidates partake in. The media thrives on its shock tidbits, and we are such sheep that we just take it in like it's American Idol. Face it, if we polled everyone and said, "Hey, would you rather the news asks the hard questions to the candidates, or woul you rather hear about who's not voting for who due to their skin color" I'm pretty sure most people are civilized and intelligent enough to pick the former. However, that stuff is boring and doesn't get ratings, so the media doesn't cover that stuff.

Point in case, Ron Paul always spoke very thoroughly about what he believed and quoted multiple sources during his answers. Yet, he was "boring" and everyone shut him out. However, Obama hardly ever quotes sources, he just wants "change" and doesn't everyone! But how are you going to do that? No, it is exciting to talk about hope and change, but it is boring to talk about how you are going to get it done.... Obama is a great speaker, but I seriously doubt his abilities because he has not shown or said what his plans are.

Maybe if people demanded that the media report real news the media would listen - but instead, we are TV zombies that are apathetic as all hell.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
To some it's a simple matter of tradition. There have only been white male presidents in the past, and many have the conscious or subconscious feeling that it's just how it's "supposed" to be.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<<<< just got outed by Peaceful :eek:

Your sharp! I like you.
LOL. I'm fairly into politics.

I like that Obama wants change. Man, everyone in this country wants change. However, sometimes we have to look at the record and see what is really going on.

I didn't mean to call you out, I'm just saying that Obama, whilst a great speaker, may be just another politician, if you know what I mean. If you look at his voting record, you will see that he did not do a lot of changing. Someone like him who talks about so much change and such, I would suspect that he would be all over writing (sponsoring) new laws.... but the record doesn't show that...

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no problem with Obama's race. It's his middle name and Muslim connection that bothers me. Plus all the Wright stuff and his wife's attitude.

what muslim connection? i never heard oh him going to a mosque. i never seen him with a kuffy on. so his middle name is hussein . that means he shouldnt be president. islam is a peaceful religion. sadly mainstream US media only shows the radicals and fanatics that blow shit up. in truth islam speaks that we are all equal creations of the same entitiy. every religion has its radicals. look at US cults of christians . (the original) jim jones and the peoples church , all 900+ of them committed a mass suicide. including children. that little waco texas incident. or strong city, the leader actually lies naked in bed and "embraces and purifies " them while they are also naked .

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
what muslim connection? i never heard oh him going to a mosque. i never seen him with a kuffy on. so his middle name is hussein . that means he shouldnt be president. islam is a peaceful religion. sadly mainstream US media only shows the radicals and fanatics that blow shit up. in truth islam speaks that we are all equal creations of the same entitiy. every religion has its radicals. look at US cults of christians . (the original) jim jones and the peoples church , all 900+ of them committed a mass suicide. including children. that little waco texas incident. or strong city, the leader actually lies naked in bed and "embraces and purifies " them while they are also naked .

:smashfreakB:

edit: also, 9/11

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What? I don't know how many times in my short life I've heard people complain about the media being biased and retarded when it comes to politics. Furthermore, I don't know anyone that particularly likes the mud-slinging politics that all the candidates partake in. The media thrives on its shock tidbits, and we are such sheep that we just take it in like it's American Idol. Face it, if we polled everyone and said, "Hey, would you rather the news asks the hard questions to the candidates, or woul you rather hear about who's not voting for who due to their skin color" I'm pretty sure most people are civilized and intelligent enough to pick the former. However, that stuff is boring and doesn't get ratings, so the media doesn't cover that stuff.

Plenty of people complain, but many still watch. I think it would be awesome if we had a presidential election that didn't resort to mud-slinging, but it eventually does. It's up to us as individuals not feed into it.

Point in case, Ron Paul always spoke very thoroughly about what he believed and quoted multiple sources during his answers. Yet, he was "boring" and everyone shut him out.

I don't think the man was boring (even though I probably wouldn't have voted for him)... but he didn't have the same campaign dollars as other candidates who are still in it. If he had the same budgets as Obama, more people would pay attention to him. Also, most people look at politics in America as a two party system. It's almost impossible for an Independent to win nominations because of it.

However, Obama hardly ever quotes sources, he just wants "change" and doesn't everyone! But how are you going to do that? No, it is exciting to talk about hope and change, but it is boring to talk about how you are going to get it done.... Obama is a great speaker, but I seriously doubt his abilities because he has not shown or said what his plans are.

I really don't know if Obama is going to be able to come through with all of his promises, or even the majority of them. Many presidents go into the White House with a gameplan for positive change, but very rarely can accomplish every goal they campaign on. But personally I'd rather take a chance on him instead of McCain if the choice is between these two in November.

Maybe if people demanded that the media report real news the media would listen - but instead, we are TV zombies that are apathetic as all hell.

That's exactly the attitude we need to have. We need to resist the drama and keep focused on the real subject matter. The more people learn to ignore the tabloids, the more we can focus on the real news. Besides, they just announced the nominations for the Tonys!!! Now that's news!!! :biggrin1: :redface:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

That's my feeling. Something is just not right which can't be explained. It's a feeling I have inside which is not how his supporters feel about him. I can't in good conscience vote for him. McCain doesn't do much for me, but if I have to choose, it's going to be McCain. :redface:

I wish there were more choices available. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is because he is wishy-washy and uncertain in his stances? For example...
* Abortion: (Source: 2008 Democratic Compassion Forum at Messiah College Apr 13, 2008)
Q: The terms pro-choice and pro-life, do they encapsulate that reality in our 21st Century setting and can we find common ground?
A: I absolutely think we can find common ground.
What is his stance?

* Life/conception: (Source: 2008 Democratic Compassion Forum at Messiah College Apr 13, 2008)
Q: Do you personally believe that life begins at conception?
A: This is something that I have not come to a firm resolution on.
What is his stance?

* Budget: (Source: 2008 Democratic debate at University of Texas in Austin Feb 21, 2008)
"The fact that we're spending $12 billion every month in Iraq means that we can't engage in the kind of infrastructure improvements that are going to make us more competitive, we can't deliver on the kinds of health care reforms that Clinton and I are looking for. McCain is willing to have these troops over there for 100 years. The notion that we would sustain that kind of effort and neglect not only making us more secure here at home, more competitive here at home, allow our economy to sink."
And yet he continued to fund the war? WTF?

* Gay marriage: (Source: 2007 HRC/LOGO debate on gay issues Aug 9, 2007)
"One of Obama's pragmatic stands troubling to progressives is on gay marriage. In the Senate debate, Obama opposed the right-wing Federal Marriage Amendment to ban gay marriage nationally and said: "I agree with most Americans, with Democrats and Republicans, with Vice President Cheney, with over 2,000 religious leaders of all different beliefs, that decisions about marriage, as they always have, should be left to the states." However, Obama also declared, "Personally, I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman." At the same time, Obama has strongly supported civil unions, arguing that it is a way to protect equal rights without taking the politically risky approach of gay marriage."
-- Q: You have said in previous debates that it is up to individual religious denominations to decide whether or not to recognize same-sex marriage. What place does the church have in government-sanctioned civil marriages? A: It is my strong belief that the government has to treat all citizens equally. I don't think that the church should be making these determinations when it comes to legal rights conferred by the state. I do think that individual denominations have the right to make their own decisions as to whether they recognize same sex couples. My denomination, United Church of Christ, does. Other denominations may make a decision, and obviously, part of keeping a separation of churches and state is also to make sure that churches have the right to exercise their freedom of religion.
So, he wants believes it is up to the States to determine, but it is ultimately up to the the couple on their marriage? Again, no real strong stance.

* Drugs: (Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.146-147 Oct 30, 2007)
In 2001, Obama questioned the harsh penalties for drug dealing, noting that selling 15 tablets of Ecstasy was the same class of felony as raping a woman at knifepoint. In 2002, Obama sponsored an unsuccessful measure to create an employment grant program for edx-criminals, who often return to a life of crime because no one will hire them.
However, he wants to continue the War on Drugs?

* Energy: (Source: FactCheck.org on 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 16, 2008)
Obama contradicted himself, saying the Bush administration had done nothing serious about alternative fuels or raising fuel efficiency. Obama said, "We have not seen any serious effort on the part of this administration to spur on the use of alternative fuels, raise fuel efficiency standards on cars."If the 2005 energy bill signed by President Bush was indeed the "single largest investment in clean energy" ever seen, as Obama says, then it's hard to see how his administration can be faulted for lack of "any serious effort" to promote alternative fuels. Furthermore, another bill Bush signed in December sets a national fuel economy standard of 35 mpg by 2020, the first major increase in vehicle fuel efficiency standards in more than three decades.
It is certainly true that more could be done, and Obama would be within his rights to say that Bush's efforts aren't serious enough to suit him. But claiming a lack of any serious effort at all is contradicted by the record and by Obama's own words.
So he is against Bush or the Plan?

* Sex:
Q: In talking about your own daughters and talking about sex education and contraception, you made the jarring comment that you would not want your daughter "punished with a baby" if she made a mistake. Could you explain what you meant?
A: Keep in mind, on that same day, I said children are miracles. What I was saying was that my daughters are 9 & 6. And so if, at the age of 12 or 13, they made what I would consider to be a mistake, in having unprotected sex, and ended up getting pregnant. And so all I meant was we want to prevent teen pregnancies. And what we don't want to do is to be blind to the possibility that kids will screw up, just like, surprisingly enough, we as adults screw up sometimes. We want to make sure that, even as we are teaching responsible sexuality and we are teaching abstinence to children, that we are also making sure that they've got enough understanding about contraception that they don't end up having much more severe problems because of a dumb mistake.
So, abstinence is good...... or not. Or no, don't abstain, just be safe. Sounds like taking both sides of an issue to me.

* Campaign Finance: (Source: 2007 AFL-CIO Democratic primary forum Aug 8, 2007)
Campaigns last too long and they cost too much money. And they're disproportionately influenced by Washington insiders, which is why it's not going to be enough just to change political parties [in the presidency]. But we also have to make sure that we are mobilizing Americans across race & regions, if we're actually going to bring these changes about. Change doesn't happen from the top down, it happens from the bottom up. It's because millions of voices get mobilized and organized
And how much has he spent?

* Guns:
Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?
A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.
So you respect the 2nd... but don't mind taking our guns away, even with the 2nd still in place? Again, what do you stand for?

*Draft:
Q: Do you think women should register for selective service when they turn 18 like men do currently?
A: You know, a while back we had a celebration in the Capitol for the Tuskegee Airmen, and it was extraordinarily powerful because it reminded us, there was a time when African-Americans weren't allowed to serve in combat. And yet, when they did, not only did they perform brilliantly, but what also happened is they helped to change America, and they helped to underscore that we're equal. And I think that if women are registered for service--not necessarily in combat roles, and I don't agree with the draft-- I think it will help to send a message to my two daughters that they've got obligations to this great country as well as boys do.
Am I the only one that thinks this is sexist? If we are all about being fair, then why does (a) everyone register or (b) nobody registers? I thought he was all about tearing down walls?

And oh so much more...

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Plenty of people complain, but many still watch. I think it would be awesome if we had a presidential election that didn't resort to mud-slinging, but it eventually does. It's up to us as individuals not feed into it.
Complaining and continuing to partake is laziness. Complaining and doing something is totally different. The media knows that most Americans are too lazy to actually do something, and they know that most American's are into the "Microwave Society" (instant gratification), so the shock tidbits keep their ratings up.

I don't think the man was boring (even though I probably wouldn't have voted for him)... but he didn't have the same campaign dollars as other candidates who are still in it. If he had the same budgets as Obama, more people would pay attention to him. Also, most people look at politics in America as a two party system. It's almost impossible for an Independent to win nominations because of it.
Ahem... The man broke the fundraising record - TWICE! He had plenty of money. During the debates, did you see how much time he got in comparison to the other candidates? And the questions he got were more like "hey, you got a lot of 9/11 conspiracy people who support you. Are you ready to denounce them here today?" instead of good "what are you going to do about health care" questions. Can you say.... media shut out? And, the American sheeple bought their Ron Paul blackout.

I really don't know if Obama is going to be able to come through with all of his promises, or even the majority of them. Many presidents go into the White House with a gameplan for positive change, but very rarely can accomplish every goal they campaign on. But personally I'd rather take a chance on him instead of McCain if the choice is between these two in November.
There is no way he is going to do all the stuff he says. No president does. All presidents get in on false promises, and I think Obama is going to be the master of them all.

With that said, why in the hell are we continuing to feed into this ridiculous two party system anyways? Both sides have become so slimy that everyone has to go to the voting booth holding their nose because all the candidates stink! Why don't we grab our balls and tits and vote for who we think is best (who meets what we want) instead of "voting against" someone or "voting for the lesser-evil." That is utter insanity at best! Especially if you want actual change!

That's exactly the attitude we need to have. We need to resist the drama and keep focused on the real subject matter. The more people learn to ignore the tabloids, the more we can focus on the real news. Besides, they just announced the nominations for the Tonys!!! Now that's news!!! :biggrin1: :redface:
So go get your news from an alternative source! :wink:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Returning to the OP's musing on Obama and the haunting of American racism, Obama himself may have provided the best response when the Rev. Wright controversy came up. The point came up in a previous thread: whether you are Rev. Wright or radical bigots who are waiting in the eaves to assassinate him, the view that America is fatally bigoted assigns too much weight to everything that is wrong with America. Yes, America has its racist past just as many other countries had theirs, but it's time to come to terms with it. I believe more mature post-Colonial powers such as Britain and France have engaged their historical racism much more than the US.

Yes, Obama can't escape the legacy of history, but he is not doomed by history and neither is the USA. At times, the nation has managed to focus on the extension of civil rights - for Blacks, women, gays, etc. Regardless of his politics, Obama is a symbol of social unity. ( I do think that America and the media has become too caught up with the 'symbolism' of Obama rather than his politics. This nomination campaign, however, has turned out just like the election of the high school class president),

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Kancer, you've enlightened me a pretty good amount. I'm not one to care about politics in the least (by all rights, I shouldn't even vote but family and friends insist) so I completely choose to not follow them. Apathy makes people look stupid but that's my choice, meh. :p While you haven't swayed my vote, I do say you bring some rather disturbing truths to the table, and I'm very grateful that you cite your sources!

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kancer, you've enlightened me a pretty good amount. I'm not one to care about politics in the least (by all rights, I shouldn't even vote but family and friends insist) so I completely choose to not follow them. Apathy makes people look stupid but that's my choice, meh. :p While you haven't swayed my vote, I do say you bring some rather disturbing truths to the table, and I'm very grateful that you cite your sources!
Sure. Like I said earlier, I am fairly into politics. At least, more than the average person. I am not really here to sway your vote. I just want everyone to vote for who they truly believe is the best candidate - not the person that throws out the biggest and best promises wrapped up in a inspirational yet empty speech. And this is how I view Obama for the most part - someone that is passionate about changing, but has no clue of how to do it.

Oh, and citing your sources makes a difference huh? :tongue:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At times, the nation has managed to focus on the extension of civil rights - for Blacks, women, gays, etc. Regardless of his politics, Obama is a symbol of social unity. ( I do think that America and the media has become too caught up with the 'symbolism' of Obama rather than his politics. This nomination campaign, however, has turned out just like the election of the high school class president),
But do we just want a "symbol" for the sake of having a symbol?

For me... absolutely not.

Social unity? Do you find it ironic that when Condeleza Rice (a BLACK WOMAN) was thinking about running for President a few years ago... people were up in arms saying that she wasn't a "real black" or "real woman" because she was a Republican. :mad: Horseshit. If people wanted "progress" then they would have been all over her. No, Obama is just politics as usual, IMHO.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, and citing your sources makes a difference huh? :tongue:

Yes, it does...and I'm always suspicious of people who "cite" references that aren't linked, particularly when they obviously aren't quoting statements in full. I don't buy for one second that Obama, nor any other candidate, would deliver a one-sentence response to any interview question. :rolleyes:

And you're cutesy little bold one-liners? Ready made for wingnut talk radio, so lacking in reason that I won't deign a deconstruction. That anyone would interpret such blatant pandering as enlightening in any way says frightening things about the pervasiveness of intellectual torpor in our society.

Also, please explain how you reconcile utter bollocks like this...

BHO still funds wars just like the neo-conservatives, just like Bush.
BHO still wants to leave troops in all the overseas bases, just like the neo-conservatives, just like bush.
BHO still wants to leave troops in Iraq for 5 or so years, they don't want a deadline, and BHO hasn't said a deadline, just a desire.
BHO still wants to spend money on the war on drugs (which has been proven that it is a waste. Plus, think of all the people who would not be in jail just because they had an ounce of weed), just like the neo-conservatives, just like Bush.
BHO still wants to continue the No Child Left Behind Act, a failed Bush policy.
BHO still wants to continue the Patriot Act, just like Bush.
BHO still wants the Real ID Act, just like the neo-conservatives, just like Bush.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between BHO and the neo-conservatives here...

...with the documented reality of this?

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:confused:

Ms. Teacher -

1) His baggage is not nearly the same amoutn of the clintons, hence they go after him for his associations with others and not for things he has actually done. The clintons have shown time and time again that they are not trustworthy and that they lack the right judgement. Lying to the public about sniper fire, lying under oath to america and the courts regarding adultry, stealing from the white house on their way out (look it up on google, you will find articles about this), pardoning criminals before they leave office etc...

I realize that but give him time. He has no experience to run this country. At his age he could keep running and eventually win, and at that time he'll have paid his dues and gained valuable experience.

2) Calling Michelle angry is your lack of understanding. Just because she is priviledged to go to a school like Princeton does not mean that she never faced racism and that it didnt have an effect on her. I hate when blacks are described as angry because they share their opinions. Im sure she rejoices in her current state now, but even so, the fact we must have this convo on this thread explains why she would feel like an outsider and not always feel so accepted.

It's just my gut feeling she is an angry woman, and I fear she will be a nightmare first lady. Mrs. Bush keeps to herself and lets the president do his job. I think Mrs. Obama is going to play Mrs. President the same way Hillary did when Bill was the pres.

3) and you voting for mccain instead of barack if hillary doesnt win just does not make sense to me. You will vote for someone who stands against the complete opposite of hillary when you have someone who basically is runnin on the same platform as hillary? You will vote for someone that will add additional judges to the supreme court that will most likely restrict your rights? you will choose someone who is willing to stay in Iraq for 100 more years. You will vote for someone who said the economy is doing fine? Please explain your logic because it does not make sense. If you truely believed in Hillary, youd vote for her party and not against it. People who talk liek this confuse me

It appears Hillary has no chance of getting the nomination at this point in the game. Our unfortunate choices in November are Obama and McCain. I feel Clinton is a better candidate than Obama, but that in no way means I was going to vote for her--I was still undecided and torn between Hillary and McCain. I disagree with what you are saying. I do not feel that Hillary and Obama are one in the same, and that to vote for Obama is voting for "their" party.

Thank you, Peaceful Kancer. Your post explains why wishy-washy doesn't do it for me. I want firm, non apologetic, non politically correct answers. That's not what Obama is giving. Mr. Obama, please give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. How do you really feel about the issues? I still don't know.