Racism, Homophobia & Anti-Semitism ohhh my!

How will you be VOTING in the Midterm Elections (anonymous)

• DEMOCRAT

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • REPUBLICAN

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • OTHER/None of the above

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NOT VOTING, Sitting Democracy out this time!

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am startled by the level of acceptibility of such horrific tenets as Homophobia, Racism and Anti-Semitism we are seeing and even scarier accepting in the GOP candidates running for Congress this season.

Bad enough they are some of the stupidest, constitutionally ignorant candidates we have seen in many yrs but then they bring with them the EVIL TRIFECTA of Social Ills.
I don't want to list names and examples but if you do your research you will find them, alas they are too numerous to mention.

Can someone tell me WHY for fucks sake, these remarks and cadidates are "OK" this season ?
In past seasons remarks the likes of which we have seen recently would be POLITICAL SUICIDE but now we seem to laugh them off and say, ohhh they're just quirky like that, when the facts are they are INSIDIOUS and a real threat to our Democracy.

I have a thory that the idiots think they have been given "Carte Blanche" to say whatever they like b/c their imperialistic totalitarian leaders better known as BECK and LIMBAUGH have been doing this since an Irish/African-American man (and LEGAL citizen of the USA) became President.

What do you think the reason is we have complete morons running for the esteemed offices of Congress and have no problem with the awful remarks they make ?

HH

Last edited:

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
on this side of the pond the story is that most americans really dont care who runs the country. So the only ones who bother to vote are ones belonging to specific interest groups. If that is true, no surprise if certain candidates are only interested in speaking to their own supporters. be thankfull they are being honest about what they intend.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I picked democrat. I'm sure I won't vote straight democrat, but most of my vote will go to the democrats

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The choice is too simple here.
Not only are so many messages coming from the GOP so vehemently negative and bigoted, they have not put up any candidates that I feel are worthy of voting for. Sure, things are messed up in Congress right now and our current administration has not lived up to many people's lofty expectations... but there's no way in hell I'll support a party that backs ignorant people like Carl Paladino, Christine O'Donnel, Sharron Angle, Joe Miller or Rand Paul. Period. Two years to rebrand and this is the best they could do?

As for the Independents? As much as I can dig the messages coming from the Anti-Prohibitionist candidate in NYC as well as the man behind the "Rent Is 2 Damn High Party", they don't stand a chance in hell of winning. I could vote for one of them to "send a message", but that message would be the audible equivalent of yelling at the top of my lungs on a raft in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

And not voting is not an option.

Which only leaves the Democrats this time around, but it could be a lot worse.
BTW... thank you for not adding the Teahadists to your poll. Considering that they all run under the (R), it's pretty apparent that they're a political sect generated from an already established political faction and not an actual party.

Last edited:

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
BTW... thank you for not adding the Teahadists to your poll. Considering that they all run under the (R), it's pretty apparent that they're a political sect generated from an already established political faction and not an actual party.
Considering they're running as Republicans now, I'm wondering if this was an attempt to keep them from splitting the vote. Not a bad idea actually.

I picked Democrat for this poll, but I'm actually doing my research for the best candidates. I try to pick by the actual stances/accomplishments of the individual candidates rather than party line, but I have a feeling I'll be slightly more in tune with Democrats this time around. A notable exception to this for me is Senator Johnny Isakson (I live in Georgia). He is WAAAY more conservative then me (7th most conservative member of the senate), but he has realistic plans and is a standout from the "Party of No". In particular, recently, he helped push stem cell research through the Senatel by countering a fairly unrestricted Democrat proposition with a Republican one that allowed it to proceed, but merely alleviated the specific concerns that plague the Religious Right (human cloning, fetal farming, etc.) His bill garnered a veto proof majority of 70 senators, which is far and above what most people have managed to accomplish on controversial issues in the way of bipartisanship.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Considering they're running as Republicans now, I'm wondering if this was an attempt to keep them from splitting the vote. Not a bad idea actually.

It's always seemed clear to me that the Tea Party was just a safe haven for certain Republicans to go and chill out when the residual stench of the Bush/Cheney years made it unbearable to be riding under the R banner, and "That" guy in the White House made it unthinkable to align with the Democrats. But memories are short, so it's safe to fold the Tea back into the Elephant now. Especially if there's any hope of getting "That" guy out of the White House.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

To be honest, I never saw the Teahadists as a separate party from the beginning. Their rhetoric about taxes and government sounded way too similar to the usual Conservative rants of before. And over time, it just became more and more apparent as to who was really pulling the strings.

I would have given them a bit more credit if the teabaggers ran as Independents. However, you can't spell that with an "R"... :rolleyes:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
on this side of the pond the story is that most americans really dont care who runs the country. So the only ones who bother to vote are ones belonging to specific interest groups. If that is true, no surprise if certain candidates are only interested in speaking to their own supporters. be thankfull they are being honest about what they intend.

That side of the pond has it only partly right. Truth is they want to insure that government doesn't do much of squat in the first place, which is what (in part) drives the Tea Party movement. If they can put enough people in there to completely stalemate government, then nothing is guaranteed to happen, and that's just the way they want it. But again, that’s only part of it. The other part of it, the BIG part, has to do with “taking (something) back from (someone).”

Figure this: the Obama administration and some in Washington have tried to pass various forms of legislation aimed at addressing the mess left behind by Bush: they've acted to try to slow down foreclosures on homes (bought up during the Bush years under loan processes that gave money “hand over fist” to people who never in their right minds should've even been trying to buy a home) and to address the resulting failures of banks who literally railroaded these (sometimes bogus) loans on through; they've acted to try and minimize the effects of long term unemployment, to try to stimulate the economy, to try to provide needed economic assistance to states so that vital needed programs could continue; and they’ve tried to provide a plan by which every American would be covered under some kind of health insurance - and did it all with a near negligible increase in taxes for most but the wealthiest of Americans.

One would think Americans would have appreciated the effort at least, instead of being disillusioned that the economy hasn't magically spun around into full recovery in 1/8th of the time it took the Bush administration (and those in majority control of Congress at that time) to screw it all to hell in the first place.

They say they’re disappointed in the President, AND they say they're equally disappointed (some polls say more so) in Congress, especially the obstructionists Republicans who tried to hogtie every effort at recovery, blocked every measure aimed at benefiting Americans in some way, directly or indirectly.

So what is their plan? To put into office EVEN MORE of the SAME kind of people who'd lead to even more stalemate and inaction. SMART, is it not? What's the logic? There IS no logic.

Forget that bit about "certain candidates" "being honest about what they intend". The "intent" is pure and simple: to nullify as much as possible the Obama presidency. Why, because of who and what Obama is. It's beyond logic. It IS fueled on exactly what the O.P. has suggested.
And yeah, you’re right. The rest of the world is watching. But that’s all ok.

Because even as I write this I think those on your side of the pond are just now getting a taste of what these “fiscal conservatives” have in store for you, eh?

The real fun’s going to begin when these “partiers” take over Congress and start cutting back on this program, and that benefit... when all of those they’ve stirred up by talkin’ ‘bout “illegals” and “welfare recipients” and “those people” they need to “take America back from” – when they SUDDENLY come to the realization that, in fact, THEY are “those people”..??.

...when Medi-this and Social-that starts getting chopped and they too find themselves having to wait around five more years to retire...??

Ohhh yeah!.... gonna be a real fu*kin’ party then.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just cast my votes and put them in the mail for the Hawaii elections; I'm voting absentee this year. Fortunately the parties and the issues in Hawaii were fairly transparent this time around. I have never voted a straight party ballot; I think you have to take the time to look at each candidates history and platform.
In terms of this whole teabagging group it dawned on me today that there was a similarity to Senator Joe McCarthy and his fight against America's enemies. We can laugh about them but we unfortunately have not heard the last from them.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
I like my Dem congressman a lot and will vote for him. Pelosi represents my views far more than Reid or Obama do, and I have a sickening feeling that losing the House is just fine with the president. The racism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism of the Republican maniacs will be great campaign fodder for Obama's reelection. But the country won't be well served at all if Boehner becomes Speaker and Obama plays the triangulation game with the "saner" Republicans while marginalizing the nutty ones to the advantage of his reelection effort.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
While I think most GOP politicians are generally a bunch of holier than thou homophobic hypocrits many of whom promote family values while sucking cock on the sly like Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Ed Schrock (and they are just the ones who got busted) or running around on their wife with a mistress, or opposing immigration while hiring a crew of Mexican landscapers to cut the grass at their house, I will continue to keep holding my nose and voting for them because I do not want Obama, Pelosi, and Reid redistributing the wealth in my trust fund. :wink:

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmmmmm... voting for a phony sense of financial security even though it means putting your trust with those "holier than thou homophobic hypocrites many of whom promote family values while sucking cock on the sly... or running around on their wife with a mistress, or opposing immigration while hiring a crew of Mexican landscapers to cut the grass at their house".

Damn what money does to a person these days.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
^False sense being the keyword because obviously someone has bought into a lot of bullshit about "redistribution of wealth" besides which, if a handle isn't gotten on the economy that "trust fund" will probably be f**ked regardless.

Oddly, not many know that economists are/were on the side of the stimulus plan (which conservative bullshit artists refer to "redistribution of wealth"). See here:

Economic Stimulus - The New York Times

Also odd it is that not many know that the Obama stimulus plan actually CUT taxes for most.

"In a troubling sign for Democrats as they head into the midterm elections, their signature tax cut of the past two years, which decreased income taxes by up to $400 a year for individuals and $800 for married couples, has gone largely unnoticed."

See here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=1&ref=economic_stimulus

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Figure this: the Obama administration and some in Washington have tried to pass various forms of legislation aimed at addressing the mess left behind by Bush: they've acted to try to slow down foreclosures on homes (bought up during the Bush years under loan processes that gave money “hand over fist” to people who never in their right minds should've even been trying to buy a home) and to address the resulting failures of banks who literally railroaded these (sometimes bogus) loans on through; they've acted to try and minimize the effects of long term unemployment, to try to stimulate the economy, to try to provide needed economic assistance to states so that vital needed programs could continue; and they’ve tried to provide a plan by which every American would be covered under some kind of health insurance - and did it all with a near negligible increase in taxes for most but the wealthiest of Americans.

Don't blame Bush for the mortgage mess, this started during the Clinton years when the Democrats decided EVERYONE should own a home, never mind the fact they they could not afford a home and eased the banking regulations so that damn near anyone who was breathing could get approved for a mortgage. :rolleyes:

Bush didn't have anything to do with the health insurance issue either, that was there long before he took office. Remember when Hillary was going to fix it with Hillarycare back in the 90s?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
While I think most GOP politicians are generally a bunch of holier than thou homophobic hypocrits many of whom promote family values while sucking cock on the sly like Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Ed Schrock (and they are just the ones who got busted) or running around on their wife with a mistress, or opposing immigration while hiring a crew of Mexican landscapers to cut the grass at their house, I will continue to keep holding my nose and voting for them because I do not want Obama, Pelosi, and Reid redistributing the wealth in my trust fund. :wink:

and what you have posted here is precisely whats wrong with America. GREED! :mad:

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
and what you have posted here is precisely whats wrong with America. GREED! :mad:

It is not greed, is it wanting to keep what is mine and what my family has worked for and accumulated over the years. I don't want to fork it over to the Government so Obama, Pelosi, and Reid so they can pass it out to this ever increasing segment of the US population that is on the dole. They really are precisely what is wrong with America, not people like me who have money, own businesses, invest, and create jobs.

Last edited:

Tee&A

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is not greed, is it wanting to keep what is mine and what my family has worked for and accumulated over the years.

And your family accumulated what they have with complete and total autonomy, right...?

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
And your family accumulated what they have with complete and total autonomy, right...?

Yeah pretty much, we were here 150 years before the USA was even a country. Actually some of my ancestors decided to overthrow George III when he and Parliament tried to redistribute wealth with the Stamp Act, Intolerable Acts, and a tax on tea. Thats why those folks up in Boston had the first Tea Party! LOL

Now Obama and the Democrats in Congress want to do the same thing!:mad: