Racism Linked to Religious Dogmatism

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ahh, but the real clincher is do you have an uber-normous alabaster penis?

And "heck" and "frick" are euphemsisms for Hell and Fuck. Still, I tried to avoid the euphemisms and just use the word instead of the one cosmetically accepted. Oh, and do you like pie? :biggrin1:
To make myself clear. I love watermelon, collard greens, catfish, whiting, sweet potato pie, okra. Like I said, my skin is uberhonky alabaster. I have the most unremarkable penis in this forum.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I can relate to that. Well, I actually do love soul food and hip hop (not rap)but I digress. Now, about this alleged pie...:tongue:
I've always seen Michael Steele's ascension to the head of the RNC as a bit suspect. Had Obama not been elected as President, would the RNC even had considered putting him in that position? Personally, I put it up there with the Sarah Palin being chosen as the VP candidate after it was revealed that Obama didn't choose Clinton. Seems like pandering, if you ask me. Too bad it didn't work. So, I won't tell you what I think Mr. Steele really is...
Okay - then there is no way to win. If the chair was white - the RNC would be racist because it doesn't have black leadership.

Since it does have black leadership, it is simply a smoke and mirror act to hid behind him since the RNC is racist.

They can't win. Either way, they are racists.

Well . . . despite the fact that he is the only black guy in the leadership, clearly they are not racists. I mean, everytime you see a party leader make a major address, like that one-week-old prissy Guvnuh of Vaginyuh who made the Republican response to the SOTU, they've got a whole pack of minorities staged in the background as set dressing. That proves they're not racist, Right?

Same way at their Convention. Out of the 99.9% white audience, the cameras are inexplicably drawn like magnets to the 3 or 4 'colored' faces on the floor. And who can forget J.C. Watts, the token Congressman from Oklahoma. He had more face time than Joan Rivers, in spite of being a total lightweight and noticeably inarticulate.

Anyhoo Rarity, is there any more pie left? or how bout some Oreos?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well . . . despite the fact that he is the only black guy in the leadership, clearly they are not racists. I mean, everytime you see a party leader make a major address, like that one-week-old prissy Guvnuh of Vaginyuh who made the Republican response to the SOTU, they've got a whole pack of minorities staged in the background as set dressing. That proves they're not racist, Right?

How many African Americans do you know that are republican? Not many. Those that are interested are left with the unenviable proposition of being referred to as 'Uncle Tom' by people of their own race.

They are surely not 'pushed out' of the republican party. Kareem Abdul Jabbar has said publicly that he was poked fun at and demonized as a white-wannabe because he got good grades in school.

So, blacks are supressed by their own people many times from indulging any interest they may have in joining the republican party, or even attaining good grades for that matter.

There are two sides to this matter - and more involved than just 'evil white republicans.'

Same way at their Convention. Out of the 99.9% white audience, the cameras are inexplicably drawn like magnets to the 3 or 4 'colored' faces on the floor. And who can forget J.C. Watts, the token Congressman from Oklahoma. He had more face time than Joan Rivers, in spite of being a total lightweight and noticeably inarticulate.

You say 'token Congressman' like Watts was appointed to Congress by the republican party. Sorry, but he was elected by his constituents.

Here in Cincinnati, anytime that a high profile African American is called to task on a controversial issue or legal/political scandal - other prominent black leaders are called upon to rally in his/her defense. Those that don't support the individual in question are scorned as 'uncle Tom' and 'wants to be white' by the black community.

The pressure coming from within the black community has as much to do with the alignment of blacks within the political framework as any outside force.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
[/COLOR]

How many African Americans do you know that are republican? Not many. Those that are interested are left with the unenviable proposition of being referred to as 'Uncle Tom' by people of their own race. They are surely not 'pushed out' of the republican party.

Of course not. The problem is - despite being very vocal about accepting everyone into their "Big Tent", Republicans are really just trolling for votes. The party doesn't represent the interests of most black folks or most minorities for that matter, so why would they want to be there? Latinos, in spite of their typically conservative religious values, have started to wise up and abandon the party as well. Believe me, I have a much bigger issue with gay Republicans. I wish these poor dumb Southerners would figure out the party hasn't done a damn thing for them either, and is just exploiting them.

There are two sides to this matter - and more involved than just 'evil white republicans.'

I have never suggested that white people and/or Republicans are inherently evil, so don't overreact. However, I do think the party gives at least tacit aid and comfort to bigots, and they are cynically aware of it.

You say 'token Congressman' like Watts was appointed to Congress by the republican party. Sorry, but he was elected by his constituents.

I say he was a token, because that's how he was exploited by the party. He was constantly put out as a spokesperson (again cynically) to counter the WASPy image of the party, and to dismiss any stain of racism. Look, I grew up in the South, and I know all about the Southern Strategy, as I'm sure you do. So you cannot deny that there is a strong history of racism that runs through the party.

Here in Cincinnati, anytime that a high profile African American is called to task on a controversial issue or legal/political scandal - other prominent black leaders are called upon to rally in his/her defense. Those that don't support the individual in question are scorned as 'uncle Tom' and 'wants to be white' by the black community.

I have seen this phenomenon too, on a national level and living for many years in a majority black city. It bothers me anytime people are expected to fall in lockstep, whether marching to the Right or to the Left. However, you can understand I hope, that when you are used to being discriminated against you have a tendency to want to keep your allies close and rally together. Sometimes it's wrong.

The same thing happens on the Right. I have seen lately, even on this site, Lindsey Graham and Olympia Snowe called "liberal" by those on the right for being slightly out of lockstep. Ridiculous.

The pressure coming from within the black community has as much to do with the alignment of blacks within the political framework as any outside force.

I've been in plenty of black churches, and I'm sure that's true to great extent. Just as it is for many demographic groups, white godfearing Southerners for example. Of course it would be so much better if people could think for themselves. If so, I think most black folk would still end up aligned with the Democrats for above mentioned reasons.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just as it is for many demographic groups, white godfearing Southerners for example. Of course it would be so much better if people could think for themselves. If so, I think most black folk would still end up aligned with the Democrats for above mentioned reasons.

I'm not so sure.

*pro-life by and large
*anti-gay/lesbian by and large
*religious by and large

The *only* thing they aren't aligned with the right wing is the issue of transfer payments.

Further - I am pro choice. I am not anti-gay/lesbian. I am not religious. Yet I am registered republican. The fact is, most African American families would be right of me.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I'm not so sure.

*pro-life by and large
*religious by and large

The *only* thing they aren't aligned with the right wing is the issue of transfer payments.

Further - I am pro choice. I am not anti-gay/lesbian. I am not religious. Yet I am registered republican. The fact is, most African American families would be right of me.
Well, I wouldn't be too sure of all that. It sounds fairly presumptuous to me, and possibly wishful trolling for votes. Not to mention the Republican party, whether actively or passively, doesn't have a very good history of late on African American issues, or racism in general.

Nonetheless, as much time as I've spent in and around communities that include plenty of African Americans, I would still not presume to speak for them. I think you need to go ask some black folk about this. Be prepared for them to laugh.

p.s. Transfer payments?? Is that your new fancy PC term for welfare checks? LOL

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So, none of you good church goin' 'Mericuhns are not racists? I find that hard to believe. Why, even the head of the mormon church "suddenly had a vision" that African Americans should finally be allowed to hold "the priesthood" (note: only men, though), back in about 1976 or so. It was either have a "vision" from "the lord" to encourage blacks into the fold or lose its status as a "church" because at the time mormon belief was in direct conflict with the Equal Rights Amendment. Had the beloved apostle had not had a "vision from god" mormons would have been forced to pay income tax to the IRS. However, mormons still believe that African Americans are the direct descendants of Cain and bear "his mark" of black skin for having killed his brother Able. Sounds pretty racist to me.

I still know clots of mormons. They still tend to be 99% white as a community. (OK, maybe 95% "not African American") and they tend to know lots of old racist jokes from the 1950s and earlier decades.

But that's just my "anecdotal" experience.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
starinvestor said:
How many African Americans do you know that are republican? Not many. Those that are interested are left with the unenviable proposition of being referred to as 'Uncle Tom' by people of their own race. They are surely not 'pushed out' of the republican party.

I was briefly labeled that when I was a kid for merely going to school in the suburbs. In some ways, I'm still viewed that way by people because I have a caucasian lover of 6 years. Being perceived as "not black" by others is not just a political thing. Even "libtards" like me are unfairly given that title for not adhering to the usual stereotypes and mannerisms society expects of black people these days. To say that they're not "pushed out" by the Republican party is disingenuous.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Well Rarity has already been promised most of the pie but you are welcome to whatever remains when he's done:wink:
Well there's one Oreo at least that's what they tell me:cool:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[/COLOR]

How many African Americans do you know that are republican? Not many. Those that are interested are left with the unenviable proposition of being referred to as 'Uncle Tom' by people of their own race.In some ways you are correct, but not entirely. The ones that are called Uncle Tom are the ones who in some manner try to deny their race such as Justice Thomas. He benefited from affirmative action but once he had attained his goals he spoke out against the practice. Colin Powell was a black Republican that still retained the respect from the black community because he was a "black man who happened to be Republican" and not a "Republican who used to be black"

They are surely not 'pushed out' of the republican party. Kareem Abdul Jabbar has said publicly that he was poked fun at and demonized as a white-wannabe because he got good grades in school.It was not an uncommon practice. I was called Oreo(black on the outside and white on the inside)many times while growing up because I spoke properly and received good grades. For some reason kids believed that excelling in academia was only for whites. Not as common today though.

So, blacks are supressed by their own people many times from indulging any interest they may have in joining the republican party, or even attaining good grades for that matter.Gotta disagree. The practices of the Republican do nothing to attract minority members. If you look closely you'll see that those who do turn Republican are usually more affluent and thus give the appearance of being a party for the rich and not the working class.

In Miami there was a seeming divide between the African American and Cuban American communities. During one mayoral race there was a black man running as a Republican and a Cuban man running as a Democrat. The Democrat won easily. He won because the black vote went to him so any cries that "we" vote for the color of the skin was proven false. The Democrat won because the Republican candidate was seen as not having any sensitivity to the African American community any longer. He had risen to the level that he "appeared to no longer consider himself black".

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not so sure.

*pro-life by and large
*religious by and large

The church is the cause of most of the conservative social views. It also tends to trend towards older individuals. Younger African Americans, especially those who are college educated, tend to be more liberal in their views.

Reactions: cam_cam17

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
starinvestor said:

On some issues you're socially liberal, but financially you're most definitely conservative and that is more predominant in the questions you raise around here.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Well Rarity has already been promised most of the pie but you are welcome to whatever remains when he's done:wink:
I don't want no sloppy seconds. I want my own fresh piece!

Well there's one Oreo at least that's what they tell me:cool:
I was trying to be subtle. Ahma gonna let y'all make the call on that. Like Uncle Clarence T. - ooops.

I don't want no sloppy seconds. I want my own fresh piece!

Sorry, Max...we're fresh out of pie. However, today's dessert is cake. Moist, fluffy, creamy chocolate cake. Like a slice? :wink: