Racism Linked to Religious Dogmatism

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, boy howdy, here's something sure to curl the toes of those crushed by Dorothy's house after we've removed their sequined slippers. And according to It's Only Natural, "A new study now confirms this hypothesis."

Click here for the pedestrian overview: Racism is linked to Religious dogmatism | Center for Inquiry

And if you're guyjin or possibly qua, you can find a quick abstract of the original article at http://psr.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/14/1/126 and from there you can also download the original PDF file. But it's a subscription site. My "individual" subscription (with no back file search option) cost $114 on my AmEx card. But I've had previous subscriptions to SAGE before, but they were always work-related and tax-deductible. This time I just figured it was a more worth while subscription that "Wet sloppy multiple cream pies." :smile: But I'll get back to you all on that. :smile: :smile:

As for me, I've always been a good boy and recycled The Watch Towers, Three Answers to Questions About mormons You Should Know and those newvangelical pamplets the glassy-eyed force into my hands when I'm otherwise distracted while window shopping. They're perfect for starting cozy wood fires in my fire place. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps the mods can add another forum named, "Racism."

There - people can examine the millions of cases of racism everyday and micro analyze each and every word that is uttered or printed by the right wing - and link it to racism.

And the rest of us can continue to discuss politics in the politics section.

This will foster an environment where policial issues can be addressed and debated in the politics forum, without each and every thread being taken on a tangent of racism.

$ .02

If only the "rest of us" were actually discussing politics...in the politics section. It doesn't seem to be a lot of actual discussing but rather a bunch of talking points and high school cafeteria bickering. As someone who loves to observe and participate in informative debates, this fact is quite disheartening...:rolleyes:

Guess one can only wish that adults would act like...well...adults.*sigh*

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps the mods can add another forum named, "Racism."

There - people can examine the millions of cases of racism everyday and micro analyze each and every word that is uttered or printed by the right wing - and link it to racism.

This will foster an environment where policial issues can be addressed and debated in the politics forum, without each and every thread being taken on a tangent of racism.

$ .02
Star, no matter how you want to deny it or wish it weren't so race is a part of the political landscape. It became a big part of the Republican plan. Do you recall the Willie Horton campaign ads? How about the politicians who railed against the "welfare queens" all the while showing images of the inner cities where shockingly a lot of black folks lived?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm just gonna sit back and watch this one play out for now. Because I'm sure in a matter of moments, the usual suspects of socialized bigotry and ignorance will flock to this thread and try to write it off as everyday partisan rants. Can't wait to see just how vile some of the talk gets on this one.

Someone find me the popcorn... :biggrin:

I'm just gonna sit back and watch this one play out for now. Because I'm sure in a matter of moments, the usual suspects of socialized bigotry and ignorance will flock to this thread and try to write it off as everyday partisan rants. Can't wait to see just how vile some of the talk gets on this one.

Someone find me the popcorn... :biggrin:

Some for you :popcorn:

And some for me :popcorn:

Anyone else need some?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll take some. And could you also through in some grape soda 'cause yo know how us black folks likes our grape soda:biggrin1:

"Red" for me... :biggrin1:
Because I know the typical rhetorical dismissals of "Kool-Aid drinking" will be uttered at least a thousand times or more as this thread progresses. But little do they know, even Kool-Aid can quench your thirst if you know how to taste it in moderation. :wink:

Since we're making this an event...

*pulls watermelon and bucket of fried chicken out of bag* :tongue:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since we're making this an event...

*pulls watermelon and bucket of fried chicken out of bag* :tongue:

Gosh, I don't like watermelon. Does this mean I'm not black?Does the fact that I said gosh also diminish my blackness?

I'll bring the sweet potato pie. Nothing beats my pie:wink:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Racism IS politics, and it is THE political issue.

Racism is a belief or perception or doctrine. Politics is the science of political government. Political government as it relates to governing/foreign policy/elections, etc.

Racism is a cultural/ethnic phenomenon that, at times, is present - but far from a definition of politics.

While I am not dismissing that racism exists, I am stipulating that it does not need to be involved in each and every issue and discussion within the Poli forum.

Let's give up racism in Poli for Lent. After all, we do have a black president. Racism can't be that big of a force nowadays.

FYI, RNC chairman is black.

Gosh, I don't like watermelon. Does this mean I'm not black?Does the fact that I said gosh also diminish my blackness?

I'll bring the sweet potato pie. Nothing beats my pie:wink:

I don't like watermelon either and I'm black and from the south. Go figure.

I will, however, gladly nibble your "pie". 2 slices, please :cool:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like watermelon either and I'm black and from the south. Go figure.

I will, however, gladly nibble your "pie". 2 slices, please :cool:
One of my closest friends in college loved playing basketball, rap music, women with big butts, watermelon, and soul food. I wasn't into any of that. He is white and I am black. Everyone used to say that our souls were switched at birth.

2 slices huh? I'm always down with those with healthy "appetites":cool22:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Racism is a belief or perception or doctrine. Politics is the science of political government. Political government as it relates to governing/foreign policy/elections, etc.

Racism is a cultural/ethnic phenomenon that, at times, is present - but far from a definition of politics.

While I am not dismissing that racism exists, I am stipulating that it does not need to be involved in each and every issue and discussion within the Poli forum.

Let's give up racism in Poli for Lent. After all, we do have a black president. Racism can't be that big of a force nowadays.

FYI, RNC chairman is black.
It's because we have a black President that racism is more visible nowadays.
As for Michael Steele, IMO he was made chairman because it's easier to hide behind him when cries of racism are leveled at the RNC.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sweet potato pie, hmmmm . . . . Stormfront, is it a "chiffon" sweet potato pie? Actually, it really doesn't matter. I like all forms of sweet potato pie. But I'll need at least two pieces (one to eat and a second one to eat off of someone). I'll chip in for more pies. And maybe we need some dry-rub-style barbecue (both ribs and tenderloin)?