Racism? Or Simply Preference? Who Is Right Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Llbaker

that’s what we were talking about though.

The comment you responded to was:

“toxic liberals are trying to push the narrative that if you won’t have sex with a man, youre homophobic.”

who did you think I was referring to when I said that?

this is like trying to walk a 3 year old through the conversation

Ya don't think some bi men or closeted gay men aren't homophobic?

I'm not talking about you, obviously. Just a theoretical point.

Reactions: spaj8987

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Llbaker You are free to think as you like. Even when it comes to attempts at insulting me.

When it comes to relationships though. Nothing is a handicap. Not even handicapped or differently abled people are handicapped.

Not in the way you put it or meant it. Everyone faces difficulty in dating. Difficulty does not automatically turn into a handicap. Why not? Well because most of the why you think others wouldn't want to date men with small or smaller is mostly bullshit.

Look at it like this. Lets say a black man wanted to only date white women. And he attempted to do so in a very specific area in which the white women of said area were insanely racist. Full on nazis.

He would of course, in his bottle necked mind, think he was handicapped. That things are much more difficult for him than white men.

And yet, if he were to change where he dated. Moved to a different place, visited a different place or dated online those perceived handicaps would disappear.

Do people of color and men with small or smaller (and to a much larger degree black men with small or smaller) have it difficult? Yes. Though it does not reach the level of handicap until those people accept that all of humanity are like those who are against them.

Handicaps are permanent and universal. Racism along with penis size shaming are not.

You're looking at it as if it will always be a thing everywhere and with everyone. That is not the case.

Just because the creator of this thread is a raging malignant narcissist with massive racist tendencies it doesn't mean all white men are or will be. And if we were to think that (considering misery loves company) then those raging malignant narcissists with massive racist tendencies win. They would have effectively tricked people into thinking there is no hope of humanity letting them die out and logically arguing them into the dust.

Same goes for penis size shamers. Difficult does not equate to a handicap. The only people who are handicapped in these instances are the actually ignorant people who dismiss others because of the way they were born. Everyone else is free to amp up their happiness and enjoyment at will.

Again. Racism does exist. And things are without a doubt made more difficult for people of color. But it's not impossible. It's not a handicap. Get what i'm saying?

Reactions: Nigel Atkinson

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Almost40 Yeah...

[ a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race ]

[
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. ]

[
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others. ]

It isn't two worlds apart. If someone were to illogically say...black men have bigger dicks that's why i only date black men. It's attached directly to racism. If someone were to illogically say they only date latino men because their dancing ability makes them better in bed, then it's tied directly to racism.

And if someone were to say...

(I put it in my profile because on Grindr, I’m looking for a quick hookup. Putting that on there will help filter out what I find attractive most often, and find a match more quickly. Could I be missing out on a few people I would otherwise find attractive? Of course! But without it, I would have to weed through sooooo many more profiles, and it would take longer to find a match.)

meaning they are literally filtering out people of color and..weeding though people of color. Then yeah it's directly a pat of racism. Why? Because people don't filter or weed others out because they like them. They do so because they don't. For whatever illogical reason.

Imagine instead of dating it was a business owner weeding out and filtering through applicants. What would you say about that?

D

deleted464787

Ya don't think some bi men or closeted gay men aren't homophobic?

I'm not talking about you, obviously. Just a theoretical point.

you mean like, self-hating homophobes? Sure, some of them exist.

but I don’t see what that has to do with the narrative that “If you wont have sex with a dude, then you MUST be homophobic.” Or “if you won’t have sex with a Trans person, then you MUST be transphobic.”

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@ArkNebradia Could it be that the members of the lgbtq community who hate being members of the lgbtq community because they would much prefer to be heterosexual are the ones who make up that people say those things in general? Then tie it to the lgbtq community as a whole in attempt to discredit the lgbtq community?

Just sayin.

L

Llbaker

@Almost40Imagine instead of dating it was a business owner weeding out and filtering through applicants. What would you say about that?

In a white racist society, Black men might actually have lower educational levels on average. Thus, business owners could save time by skipping over all Black men because they are more likely to have insufficient education. Not allowed any longer.

D

deleted464787

@ArkNebradia Could it be that the members of the lgbtq community who hate being members of the lgbtq community because they would much prefer to be heterosexual are the ones who make up that people say those things in general? Then tie it to the lgbtq community as a whole in attempt to discredit the lgbtq community?

Just sayin.

That person doesn’t seem particularly hellbent on discrediting the LGBT community.

that person DOES seem hellbent on pushing their leftist agenda that I don’t agree with. And they pretty much flat out say if you wouldn’t date a trans person, you are transphobic.

fortunately, given the comments they’ve received from this video in the past, it appears most of the world doesn’t agree. The uploaders goal was to push their agenda and make people more “woke” about the situation. All that video did was push people who support the LGBT community, but aren’t necessarily a part of it, further away from their cause. It turns potential allies into enemies.

to be honest, you kind of do the same with your rhetoric. We’re obviously both in agreement that racism is a terrible thing. But you seem more occupied with grouping me in with KKK members, and nazis, and white nationalists than you do with actually combatting that racism. You’ve taken someone who actually agrees with your root cause (just not a few secondary points) and removed them from joining your cause altogether.

”villianizing” their own allies is a major stereotype the left has adopted recently, and I think it’s hurt them. People on the right who mostly agree with them have been turned away because it almost feels like “if you don’t believe 100% of what I say, I’d rather have you as an enemy than an ally.”

that’s just my opinion though. I’m sure other right-leaning people feel the same. I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but if they feel that way as well, they can say so themselves.

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Preference can have many roots, sometimes racism.

Well it shouldn't. I prefer viewing someone as an individual case rather than as a member of a particular race, simply because no exact rule can determine the behavior of a specific tribe. U can be good and bad because of your Will to do so not because of your ancestors. It just takes some brains to make the right choice and nothing more. This behavior would clearly not bother
@Almost40 Yeah...

[ a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race ]

[
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. ]

[
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others. ]

It isn't two worlds apart. If someone were to illogically say...black men have bigger dicks that's why i only date black men. It's attached directly to racism. If someone were to illogically say they only date latino men because their dancing ability makes them better in bed, then it's tied directly to racism.

(I put it in my profile because on Grindr, I’m looking for a quick hookup. Putting that on there will help filter out what I find attractive most often, and find a match more quickly. Could I be missing out on a few people I would otherwise find attractive? Of course! But without it, I would have to weed through sooooo many more profiles, and it would take longer to find a match.)

meaning they are literally filtering out people of color and..weeding though people of color. Then yeah it's directly a pat of racism. Why? Because people don't filter or weed others out because they like them. They do so because they don't. For whatever illogical reason.

Imagine instead of dating it was a business owner weeding out and filtering through applicants. What would you say about that?

The answer to your question is already given in my quoted post. Take a better look and u will see.

D

deleted464787

@Almost40 Yeah...

[

[

except, the person who said that didn’t filter out people because he “didn’t like them.” It was because he.....

wait for it....

“was less likely to find them attractive.”

big difference.

Reactions: hypolimnas
L

Llbaker

That person doesn’t seem particularly hellbent on discrediting the LGBT community.

that person DOES seem hellbent on pushing their leftist agenda that I don’t agree with. And they pretty much flat out say if you wouldn’t date a trans person, you are transphobic.

fortunately, given the comments they’ve received from this video in the past, it appears most of the world doesn’t agree. The uploaders goal was to push their agenda and make people more “woke” about the situation. All that video did was push people who support the LGBT community, but aren’t necessarily a part of it, further away from their cause. It turns potential allies into enemies.

to be honest, you kind of do the same with your rhetoric. We’re obviously both in agreement that racism is a terrible thing. But you seem more occupied with grouping me in with KKK members, and nazis, and white nationalists than you do with actually combatting that racism. You’ve taken someone who actually agrees with your root cause (just not a few secondary points) and removed them from joining your cause altogether.

”villianizing” their own allies is a major stereotype the left has adopted recently, and I think it’s hurt them. People on the right who mostly agree with them have been turned away because it almost feels like “if you don’t believe 100% of what I say, I’d rather have you as an enemy than an ally.”

that’s just my opinion though. I’m sure other right-leaning people feel the same. I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but if they feel that way as well, they can say so themselves.

Almost agreed with you until I watched the video. Just an exposition on the ideal of ending "lookism." There was no villainizing or demonizing.

Of course, eliminating "lookism" is very idealistic and not likely to make much progress any time soon.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Almost40 Ah but it isn't. We aren't talking tribes. Every last human being on the face of this planet comes from the same "tribe". We're all connected that way through evolution.

It might have been a flub on your part or it might have been something else but there's a market difference between tribalism and racism. They are not the same things. Sure, they can be similar. But to say or imply that tribalism and racism are the same thing would either be ignorant, malicious or both.

[ The organization, culture, or beliefs of a tribe. ]

[ The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. ]

One doesn't care about the race of person in general and other specifically does. I would also add that conflating the two actually helps racists. Since it muddys the waters to the point where racists can hide behind tribalism.

And no. In a thread like this. Words matter. No speaking words matters. If we were talking about the ending of game of thrones or who won/lost what on the latest singing competition show i would agree with you. Not here. Not in this thread.

So. Again.

Here. I'll attempt to make the question more relatable.

Imagine instead of dating and race. It was a owner of a business and they were weeding out and filtering through applicants based on sexuality/gender/religion? What would you say about that?

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Llbaker (Handicap does not mean predictable, permanent or constant.)

It most certainly does. In the context in which you used it it does. You specifically used it in the same terms as golf. Meaning one single solitary game. The only way that can be compared to life is if we do the same. That game being a person's entire life.

Meaning the handicap (regarding black people) exists their entire life. Meaning the handicap (regarding men with small or smaller) exists their entire life.

And it doesn't. That difficultly only exists with racist people and people who reject men for being small or smaller. It does not exist across the board, for life and with every human being in existence.

That's why there's a difference between saying you've been handicapped and you have difficultly. One sentences you to a lifetime of not being able to be successful at all. And the other pays close attention to why you have issues and leaves the door open for future possibilities.

You aren't dead yet. It's not too late. It's not over til it's over.

(A Black guy would be handicapped in trying to date white women (or maybe not! Some might be secretly tired of their boy friends!).)

No. Those women are handicapped (in more ways than in current context). If someone punches you in the face. Did you punch yourself? No. They did it. If someone were to speed in front of you in traffic then smash into another car. Should you have to pay their insurance bill? Of course not. They made the action. They decided to make the action. And as long as they continue to make the same decisions they're the ones handicapping themselves.

They aren't making things more difficult for themselves. They are handicapping themselves.

People being racists toward people of color has shit to do with people of color. Just like men with small or smaller don't have shit to do with penis size shamers. People of color and men with small or smaller aren't responsible for the personal actions of those against them.

People can say that hillary clinton MADE them vote for trump but that's an excuse not a reason. That would be them running away from personal responsibility as far and as fast as humanly possible. Democrats aren't responsible for people voting for trump. Those voting for trump are responsible personally for voting for trump.

(In a white racist society, Black men might actually have lower educational levels on average. Thus, business owners could save time by skipping over all Black men because they are more likely to have insufficient education. Not allowed any longer.)

I mean no disrespect but.....

(Not allowed any longer)

..have you been living under a rock?

American Schools Are STILL Racist, Government Report Finds | HuffPost
Rooting Out Systemic Racism and White Supremacy | National Review
The Rise In Racism On College Campuses
Students say colleges need to combat virus-fueled racism
Racist acts by Seattle-area students made news last year. Here’s how schools responded.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-02-uk-medical-schools-racism-bmj.html

Again though. Being black isn't a handicap. Being a racist who thinks that can stop black people from success is. Here's something you might not have thought of. The only race to be attacked in america as much as black people has been.....no one. Racists and racism fails automatically. The overall goal of racists and racism is to stop progress. In which they and it not only fails on a regularly basis but that failure is built in.

The more racists handicap themselves. The worse they'll play the game they've created. Racism is inherently illogical from the start. And gets more and more illogical the more people believe in it.

The smarter humanity gets. The more of a handicap their handicap is. Difficultly. Is not a handicap. Stupidity though..is.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Llbaker

@Llbaker (Handicap does not mean predictable, permanent or constant.)

It most certainly does. In the context in which you used it it does. You specifically used it in the same terms as golf. Meaning one single solitary game. The only way that can be compared to life is if we do the same. That game being a person's entire life.

Meaning the handicap (regarding black people) exists their entire life. Meaning the handicap (regarding men with small or smaller) exists their entire life.

That is nonsense! Handicap is always relative to the situation and activity under consideration. What is a handicap in one situation might be an advantage in another.

You seem to base your arguing style entirely on misinterpreting and demonizing.

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
@Almost40 Ah but it isn't. We aren't talking tribes. Every last human being on the face of this planet comes from the same "tribe". We're all connected that way through evolution.

It might have been a flub on your part or it might have been something else but there's a market difference between tribalism and racism. They are not the same things. Sure, they can be similar. But to say or imply that tribalism and racism are the same thing would either be ignorant, malicious or both.

[ The organization, culture, or beliefs of a tribe. ]

[ The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. ]

One doesn't care about the race of person in general and other specifically does. I would also add that conflating the two actually helps racists. Since it muddys the waters to the point where racists can hide behind tribalism.

And no. In a thread like this. Words matter. No speaking words matters. If we were talking about the ending of game of thrones or who won/lost what on the latest singing competition show i would agree with you. Not here. Not in this thread.

So. Again.

Here. I'll attempt to make the question more relatable.

Imagine instead of dating and race. It was a owner of a business and they were weeding out and filtering through applicants based on sexuality/gender/religion? What would you say about that?

Okay

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Llbaker I'm not trying to paint you as a racist. If you keep making absolute statements in error i'll keep pointing them out.

If you make a general statement such as...no human beings have two eyes. I will always point out that yes there are human beings with two eyes.

Stop making absolute statements that have no chance of being logical in any instance and i'll stop pointing them out.

Or...you can continue to make absolute statements and when i point them out you try to label me as trying to paint you as a racist. You're choice.

(Handicap is always relative to the situation and activity under consideration.)

Right. And the situation and activity under consideration is life. Why? Well because you can't help yourself but to consistently make absolute statements with little to no attachment to logic.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not you. I'm not about to call you ignorant just because i think you were ignorant of specific subject matter. That's not how i roll. If i think you're being illogical about something i'll say i think you're being illogical about something or point out what you aren't being logical about while also pointing out what i do think you're being logical about.

Again again. I do not argue like you regularly do (again not all the time just most of the time). So no. I'm not painting you like you've regularly attempted to paint me.

(What is a handicap in one situation might be an advantage in another.)

And if it's the same situation. Then you've once more harmed your own argument. As since you rather enjoy absolute statements. That would mean the handicap of which you were referring...applies to a person's entire life, everyone in it and every situation they may come across.

Again again again. We're talking people's lives here. Not a game. Using that word incorrectly influences your entire argument. Swaying it to degrees in which ends up saying things you may not have intended to.

Wanna start over? And use difficult instead of handicap?

L

Llbaker

@Llbaker

Wanna start over? And use difficult instead of handicap?

I'm the one using handicap as a relative term in a specific situation. I don't use it relative to life as a whole because life as a whole is far too complex. You would have to list every possible activity in life and show how a handicap affect performance relative to others.

You are off base. Handicap means difficult in a particular situation relative to some others.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Llbaker (You would have to list every possible activity in life and show how a handicap affect performance relative to others.)

I think you're beginning to get my point.

If we're going to talk about serious issues. Issues in which people live or die. Kill and be killed. Don't you think it would be a good idea to be serious with the language used?

L

Llbaker

@Llbaker (You would have to list every possible activity in life and show how a handicap affect performance relative to others.)

I think you're beginning to get my point.

If we're going to talk about serious issues. Issues in which people live or die. Kill and be killed. Don't you think it would be a good idea to be serious with the language used?

I'm the one using handicapped in a relative specific way. That's why I do that. That has been my point all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.