Racist Rationale Behind Abortion?

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is so beyond the pale, I thought it deserved a new thread.
I was referring to Liberals and people like Warren Buffet that support population control and people that support abortion. I do not think the woman's right to choose is their overriding reason. It is the fear of more babies from minorities (unplanned pregnancies).

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To be fair, in the US, safe abortions were always available to middle-class and upper middle class women, whether they were legal or not. Many OB/gyns would perform D&Cs that were just for the purpose of aborting a fetus, and if you had money it wasn't hard to find one. Roe v. Wade made safe abortions available to women regardless of socioeconomic status more than anything. In this light, it may very well be that minorities have "benefitted" from Roe v. Wade more than white people in the US.

Big Del

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am getting a little concerned by some of the overt racism, sexism and homophobia being displayed by some of the members on LPSG.

I am a straight black UK guy - I dont bash gays and I dont bash white guys. I respect people regardless of sex, race, colour, creed and sexual preference.

I really hope we can just control some of the negative stuff that goes on in LPSG.

Peace and Love
Del

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am getting a little concerned by some of the overt racism, sexism and homophobia being displayed by some of the members on LPSG.

I am a straight black UK guy - I dont bash gays and I dont bash white guys. I respect people regardless of sex, race, colour, creed and sexual preference.

I really hope we can just control some of the negative stuff that goes on in LPSG.

Peace and Love
Del
Yes you are so right. This stuff needs to end. A report post and a nice comment saying please stop this will do more to stop it then a rehashing another thread about it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never heard such a load of bollocks.

I have, it was about 9 years ago at a family New Years Day dinner. A cousin by marriage said something so ludicrous I almost choked to death on my Hoppin' John.

She and her friends (black radical wannabes) :tongue: believed that the true reason the Republicans are anti-abortion is because they are afraid that blacks and hispanics will soon out number white Americans.

Apparently the GOP had done a survey and found out that more white women have abortions in the US than black, hispanic, or asian women. More importantly, the majority of these abortions were being had by the middle and upper class white women. This hits the GOP where it hurts . . . the polling booth!

I'm not sure about now; but statistically 10-15 years ago they were correct. Most teenage black and hispanic girls who got pregnant had the baby and sometimes went on welfare; or they had the baby and put it up for adoption. Either way there was one more brown person which the GOP tends not to like. Your average pregnant white teen had an abortion, left the baby in a dumpster, or worse.

As we all know, if white people become a minority in the United States all hell will break loose. Democracy as we know it will cease to exist, soccer will replace baseball as America's favorite pasttime, and I tremble at the very thought of this . . . the US dollar won't be worth the paper on which it's written. Wait a second . . . last week for the first time in history the Canadian dollar surpassed the US dollar in value.:eek: Does this mean the end of the world as we know it?! :scared2::yikes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Uncut, Big Del; and NIC_160IQ; I too am sick of the bigoted drivel that has flooded this site during the last 6 months or so. However, there is a part of me that likes to know who the enemy is. You know what they say, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Yes you are so right. This stuff needs to end. A report post and a nice comment saying please stop this will do more to stop it then a rehashing another thread about it.
From experience I can tell you that reporting the post often does nothing because, while offensive and wrong the poster has not violated the Terms of Service.

Peace and Love
Del

I greatly appreciate members who think and act like you Del and SpoiledPrincess. The problem is there don't seem to be nearly enough of y'all lately. :frown1::mad: SP can tell you I used to practically live in chat, but I haven't popped my head in there in weeks. Why? I just got sick of the near constant stream of racist, homophobic, and mysogynistic vitriol. :redface:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To be fair, in the US, safe abortions were always available to middle-class and upper middle class women, whether they were legal or not. Many OB/gyns would perform D&Cs that were just for the purpose of aborting a fetus, and if you had money it wasn't hard to find one. Roe v. Wade made safe abortions available to women regardless of socioeconomic status more than anything. In this light, it may very well be that minorities have "benefitted" from Roe v. Wade more than white people in the US.

That IS very fair, Snoozan... but to imply that this is the motivation for people who are Pro-Choice is beyond ridiculous. I'm not even a big pro-choice defender myself, but still. I call out lunacy where I see it.

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and I tremble at the very thought of this . . . the US dollar won't be worth the paper on which it's written. Wait a second . . . last week for the first time in history the Canadian dollar surpassed the US dollar in value.:eek: Does this mean the end of the world as we know it?! :scared2::yikes:

Sorry to gut your joke, njqt, but the Canadian dollar has been historically higher than the the US dollar several times. It was policy to keep it close to parity for many, many years, particularly when it was pegged to gold. I remember in the 1970s our dollar was worth $1.04 US. And during the distress of the US Civil War our dollar traded at $1.45 US. The sky ain't falling. Blame us anyway. We'll bore you to death, in time. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stand corrected rexcasual.

I think my mistake is understandable considering I was but a wee lass in the 1970's and even my great-grandmother had yet to be born during the Civil War.

You're pretty sharp for someone who remembers the Civil War rexcasual. What's your secret to longevity? :tongue:

Sorry to gut your joke, njqt, but the Canadian dollar has been historically higher than the the US dollar several times. It was policy to keep it close to parity for many, many years, particularly when it was pegged to gold. I remember in the 1970s our dollar was worth $1.04 US. And during the distress of the US Civil War our dollar traded at $1.45 US. The sky ain't falling. Blame us anyway. We'll bore you to death, in time. :biggrin1:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That IS very fair, Snoozan... but to imply that this is the motivation for people who are Pro-Choice is beyond ridiculous. I'm not even a big pro-choice defender myself, but still. I call out lunacy where I see it.

No, you're right. There's a leap taken far into the absurd from where my point is to where the OP is, or so I'd like to think. I think my point was that I can see why someone might draw that conclusion from some form of logic, as fucked up as it may be.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get sick of racism, we all have two arms, two legs, red blood, we love, hate, bear children, we all want to be happy, the colour of someone's skin is the most minute of differences so how can we let someone being brown, pink, tannish, whatever colour affect how we interact with them. It's not much different to saying I hate that car because it's red, you might not like red, it might not be the colour you'd choose but the red doesn't alter anything intrinsic about the nature of the car, a colour of skin doesn't alter the quiddity of mankind. I watched a program where some racist white guy who'd never had any actual contact with black people lived alongside the black guy for two weeks - at the end of the program he said he'd changed his views, he wasn't going to purposely go out making black friends but he realised that essentially all people were the same. We're never going to achieve a society where people treat each other equally across the board because we're human, we have liked and dislikes, often they're based on irratonalities such as 'I don't like all green people because the few I met I don't like.' It's only by exposing people to each other they start to understand that we're all the same - we should discriminate against someone because they're violent, because they're rude, because they're bad people, not because of the fluke of nature that made them a woman, black, gay, unable to fill some role society deems to be a desirable stereotype.

But I also see a trend which I find quite dangerous - the challenging of personal preferences which don't fit into pc ideals. If I say I like all men, but I prefer white men of my own background that's not a racist statement, its simply saying I prefer people I'm more likely to have lots in common with. However I treat all people who deserve respect with respect, and I think the most we can ever hope for is tolerance between people. I think taking away all rights to express a personal preference would be the worst kind of intolerance masquerading as tolerance.

Just a waffle basically :)

NJ, chat seems to have settled down and you know I'll (and any of the regs in there) will be right behind you if we see arseholes digging at you.

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stand corrected rexcasual.

I think my mistake is understandable considering I was but a wee lass in the 1970's and even my great-grandmother had yet to be born during the Civil War.

You're pretty sharp for someone who remembers the Civil War rexcasual. What's your secret to longevity? :tongue:

Dearest njqt (if I may take the liberty to call you that), I have been an ardent proponent of vampirism for more time than I can actually remember. And may I say that in regard to the topic at hand, and from a unique perspective that has stood the test of time, racism is utter folly. No matter what the colour on the outside, the flavour and goodness of all human blood is exactly the same. I am an equal opportunity blood sucking creature of the night, which means y'all are worthy — and in my sights. :cool:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Touche`

Dearest njqt (if I may take the liberty to call you that), I have been an ardent proponent of vampirism for more time than I can actually remember. And may I say that in regard to the topic at hand, and from a unique perspective that has stood the test of time, racism is utter folly. No matter what the colour on the outside, the flavour and goodness of all human blood is exactly the same. That makes sense. I've found in my limited research that the ejaculate of white men and black men tastes pretty much the same. :biggrin1: I am an equal opportunity blood sucking creature of the night, which means y'all are worthy — and in my sights. :cool:
Ditto :wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Peace and Love
Del
I'm with you, Del. Unfortunately, we will most likely have idiots on all sides of the "debate." Some people just honestly don't want to be enlightened.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You thought that this out-of-touch idiot's bullshit deserved being repeated? why, exactly? =P
WHY?

Responses like these are why!

Sometimes, yes, we simply have to ignore the ignorance and hatred perpetuated by others. Other times we have to see that they provide platforms or vehicles over which more enlightened thought can prevail.