rainbow bracelets?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by lpsgnooby, Mar 4, 2010.

1. lpsgnooby

lpsgnooby New Member

i feel that most people would not be able to tell i'm gay. this can sometimes be frustrating, as some guys would not approach me, because they think i am straight. does anyone ever have things they wear to show that they are gay? for example rainbow bracelets, or rainbow necklaces?

or am i just weird, and desperate for attention. hahahaha.

2. Guardian100

Guardian100 Member

You see alot of skinheads (rangers/bleachers, Ben Sherman that get up) around manchester wearing them, my guess if they didn't have them on some people might mistake them for racists and harass them.

3. True_Blue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My best friend wears rainbow earrings and a rainbow tongue ring. I guess (for most) a rainbow is that unmistakable symbol. In fact, just yesterday a young woman came into my job and what drew my attention to her was her hair. She had the sides cut low and pressed down, and a spiked mohawk with one side black and the other side rainbow. It looked pretty cool.

4. Vestigial

Gold Member

:(

Hey, I like rainbows too...

And Fairy penguins got renamed to Little penguins.

Well it least Golden Gaytime (ice cream) has stuck around, even if eating it evokes self-consciousness.

lpsgnooby: you can adjust your stride and posture

5. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

at one time guys left one button of their Levi 501 jeans unbuttoned as a signal to others. I have no idea if guys who wear 501s today even know that, much less do it. Also, I occasionally see a car with a rainbow on the license plate frame. really subtle unless you know what it means.

6. TBSPW

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've looked around for a few bracelets but never really saw one I liked. I did get one of those thing rainbow stickers for my car, and while I was in college I had an HRC logo stuck on my backpack. Haha, it worked good to, most gay people know what it is, and everyone that didnt just assumed it was because I was a nerdy math major. (Its a yellow equal sign on a blue background)

7. D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows Account Disabled

I thought about it too, something to signal that I was gay, but I'm over it, just didn't care anymore.... of course I suppose when you go to gay clubs it's not much needed...

maybe I'll pull a small something for when I transfer schools

8. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a button on my shoulder bag (not like a men's shoulder bag would need a rainbow button)

But I'm flamboyant enough that it's never a question.

Draft saved Draft deleted