Rainy festival

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by EllieP, Apr 23, 2010.

1. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I'm holed up alone in a bed and breakfast while hubby is off recording at some studio in the country, and I mean country! Waiting out the rain for the festival in Lafayette, LA and hoping against hope that the sky doesn't burst open this evening.

Had an absolutely wonderful time listening to Sonny Landreth last night. There's no such thing as being by yourself when music is playing in South Louisiana, that's for sure! Cap asked if I wanted to go listen to him at a club or go to the festival. Hah! Surprised him! I heard him before.

Sonny was awesome!!! If anyone gets bored with Jazz Fest in New Orleans, come on over to Lafayette! I'll be in NO next week, too, so I'll almost be music-ed out. I know I'll be danced out if the rest of the weekend is like last night! Hoo-boy, those old men can dance! LOL!

I love it! Laissez les bonnes temps rouler! Just not right now.

2. EllieP

Albums:
    Well, that loneliness didn't last long! No sooner did I post when I heard a knock at the door and it was a friend, Cedric. We drove downtown where a gypsy band was performing in the park, had a box lunch and danced some more! I knew I'd get some use out of my peasant dress again!

3. RedScrotum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds like you're having a great time! Have fun and enjoy!

4. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds good.I hope the rain holds off for you. :cool:

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good thing it's held up for y'all over there in Lafayette.

Started raining down here pretty hard a couple of hours ago, not that I could go today with work and all. Had to miss George-Clinton-Parliament-Funkadelicky stuff ("where'd ya get that funk from...whoooo"), Lionel Richie (saw him already) etc..

And when the Fair Grounds gets good and wet with all of those people trampin' over it, things get pretty messy. They'll probably toss out some hay but the forecast is for more rain tomorrow. (Guess we'll miss Simon and Garfunkel).

If we don't catch the Allman Bros. Sunday, we'll have to bet on next weekend (Pearl Jam, Jeff Beck, Teena Marie, Van Morrison, B.B. King). Maybe see ya there (like fat change we'll ever know it).

6. EllieP

Albums:
    Well, except for opening night the rest of Festival International was awesome! The sun came out in force, but the breezes were great. It's Monday morning and we're getting ready to head to New Orleans. My feet hurt, my hips hurt, my legs hurt - I danced way too much and had a bit too much wine. I don't know if I could live here because I can't keep up! These people work all day and play all night! I don't see how they don't burn up at an early age!

I finally got to dance with my husband yesterday for the first time since the Festival started! We went to listen to a Cajun band play in the afternoon, and they were very popular. People everywhere! I loved it. I danced to a Cajun two-step when I visited La. the first time around. I'm better at it now, but then this nice older man asked me to dance and we jitterbugged! That's a new one on me! But he was a wonderful teacher. Liked to hug a bit much, though, LOL!

All in all it was a great time. Now on to the Jazz Fest!

Draft saved Draft deleted