Rally the Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by durks, Sep 23, 2008.

1. durks

durks Member

As somewhat of a demographer, I am curious as to why all of the arguments in this section tend to be dominated by seemingly 'liberal' voters. If what I am to believe in our news regarding the impending election is true, the country is fairly evenly split; so why then are there not more ardent supporters to the republican cause in this forum? Is it a function of the type of forum, or the veracity that the democrats believe in their choice???

This is not intended to be a thread for criticism, particularly Democrat, for I am firmly in the same ideological camp as you. But one for which Republicans can explain why they believe in what they believe or choose not to believe in without reprise (perhaps that is why the arguments are quite one-sided) - starinvestor included.

I'll start. I used to feel the Right, was the best party to protect long term interests and opportunity for wealth creation. With visions of personal grandieur I thought the right was better suited to personally achieve this.

2. durks

durks Member

sorry starinvestor excluded, you're uite outspoken:)

3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

First off, you can pretty much eliminate the religious right from this website - so that excludes that camp. I don't get the sense there are a lot of business owners or individuals in this forum that work in the financial sector either - which is another area in which you will see a lot of republican presence.

There are 5 or 6 posters that seem to post thoughts and ideas fairly regularly that can be percieved as republican-leaning, but that's about it. As you have probably observed, these members get a brunt of challenges from the left - some healthy, and some attacks that include name calling and expletives.

The rest of the demographics seem to line up with democratic party ideals and interests on this site, and that group is fairly vocal and active - particularly on the Politics board.

Two or three posters seem to be independent and objective; not leaning right or left, but their posts seem to be passed over by the left altogether.

If I were to take a stab, I'd say 85% left, 10% right, and 5% middle.

My two cents.

4. B_starinvestor

The Right is better suited for the promotion of economic opportunity - if that's where your interests lie. That doesn't seem to be the underlying theme of interest on this board. Economic equality, government regulation, universal healthcare and exacting blame for the current economic landscape are the top priorities here.

5. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    >>>some attacks that include name calling and expletives.

Really? Aside from Sargon20, Notaguru, IndustrialSize, PhilAyesho, NewEnd, njqt466, NoStrings, Mercurial Bliss, Monster, dreamer20, and about 50 others I can still recall off the top of my head... I have zero clue what you're talking about.

6. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wanna reach out and embrace you conservatives with every ounce of my being, but you don't want it. You wanna cling to your hostilities, preconceptions, misinformation and seem to abhor the truth in favor of your truthiness.

The arguments you guys have against the left really don't amount to that much... why do you have so much damn hatred for liberals? What the hell have we ever done to you or your family?

Why do you want to live in a society that does not take care of the unfortunate and is aggressive towards it's neighbors?

You guys are fantasizing about a fascist state... do you not realize this?????? Business and Capitalism does FANTASTIC under fascist rule... do guys not know that?

Liberals will fight your dreams of a fascist state every step of the way... don't ever forget it!!!!!!

7. B_starinvestor

i think you are missing the landscape here. You are one of the few posters that doesn't descend on and ambush each republican-leaning post. If you look through these threads, observe where the hostility and hatred is coming from - its not generally our camp.

8. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    We have several anarchists who take great pleasure in belittling conservatives. They just seem like they are liberals when they are opposing conservatives, but they are nothing of the sort. They obviously don't feel your pain like I do. I was raised a liberal... I really had no choice in the matter... I know this and as an adult try and see things through other people's eyes.

Oh and by the way... the fascist dream (I don't know what else to call it, so let's use the term loosely here) was implanted in the minds of conservatives, just like the utopian dream was implanted in mine. Somewhere in the middle is the reality we have now, but I think that we should all strive for a heaven on earth, which is utopia.

9. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    Both extremes, the far left and the far right often engage the other with bile, caustic, and putrescence. This is why I support John McCain. He will distort the truth occaisionally, but he doesnt then portray himself to be above deceit like Obama does. Obama is just as guilty if not more guilty of deception than John McCain.
    Likewise, most arguments against the right are generally non-substantive: name-calling, propaganda, and personal attacks.
    The system has its faults, and each party has ideas that it presents to fix what problems we observe. So far, neither party seems to have it all together, which is why I support bipartisan and non-partisan solutions.
    The Republicans have received a bad wrap under Bush because of the neocon influence. Neocons favor many of the things that traditional conservatives do not. Neocons use big government to force their beleifs on the people. Neocons use executive power to restrict freedoms. Traditional conservatives (I consider myself to be traditionally conservative in a procedural governance sense) beleive that governance should be stronger at state and local levels than national. They beleive that the government should be like a game referee, who steps in to maintain justice and fairness, not like a manifestation of a national league, which exerts control with far-reaching regulation.
    I cheer you on to fight facism here in this country. Please realise though, that facism is as much social as government. I am a social progressive and see social issues with a more democratic/liberal lens. Socially, we can fight facism, and I think we should. But to blame Republicans for everything, is in many ways just as facist as the neocon's social agenda.

#9 wispandex_bulge, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  10. B_starinvestor

:beerchug2:

11. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Half your posts are nothing but insults, douchebag. Just look in the economic solutions thread, which was quite a respectful dialogue. Your first 3 or 4 posts are in that thread are nothing but "OMG libruls are so STOOPID... Lawlz"

In fact, thats just about all you know.

12. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

BULLSHIT

That is a MYTH you have been sold.

SHOW ME EVIDENCE THE RIGHT HAS IMPROVED ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY.

The truth is that the right only improves economic opportunity for the wealthy.

NOt for the middle class and not for the poor.
    And they do so by enabling unscrupulous activity.

I don't care how smart an investor you think you are... Stock speculation is not speculation for those who sit in the board rooms of the largest corporations.
    They are Manipulating stock to their interest.

IF republican policy actually imporved the economic prospect of most Americans, then the rpeublicans would be screaming from the rooftops the statistics showing that that was the case.

They are not- they are screaming about terrorism and war and fear and immigration.
    Why- because the statistics show they have made 2%, already fabulously rich, even richer... at the EXPENSE of everybody else.

No growth to speak of... jsut sucking money out of the middle class and kicking upstairs.

And you rubes are like gamblers who, over 6 years of playing, win $5,000 and lose $5,100... but the excitement of the win makes you disregard the fact of the loss.

Truth- democratic administrations show better economic growth. Democratic administrations show MORE opportunity for the middle class and poor to improve their circumstances.
    And, if you are an ambitious person with a good work ethic... you will thrive under any adminsitration... republican OR democratic...
    They have NOTHING to do with your personal success.

You never hear the stats from republicans because the stats prove they are just greedy self absorbed opportunists who want to take all they can and screw everybody else.

And-

As to exacting blame...

Are you really that stupid?

How do you think you FIX a car?
    ---You find out what went wrong.

How do you settle a lawsuit?'
    ---you establish Who is at fault.

How do you convict a criminal?
    ---You determine WHO done it.

Republicans BLAMED Hussien to get us into a war.
    They Blamed Clinton for a blowjob.

And NOW, with the economy a shambles, the constitution in shreds, NOW they want to cry... "hey... let's not fix blame here...."

"I didn't steal that chicken judge... he followed me home..."

But hey.. your vile and two faced thinking fits right in with republican lack of ethics...

"My PROFIT is private... but my DEBT is public!"

"Government is the Problem!- which is why I want a lock on governmental power!"

"Democrats could have killed Bin Laden!-- but let's no fix blame on republicans failure to kill him with the entire US army on the job"

You guys are as morally bankrupt as you have made the nation.

Thanks.

13. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL. This is too rich.

First of all, just about any and all commentary or opinion contrary to your own is considered by many of your ilk an "ambush".

And to suggest that the "hostility and hatred" is primarily from the (so-called) liberal "camp"??? LOL (It is to laugh).

14. sargon20

Gold Member

The entire Republican National Convention was nothing but a carnival of HATE. If they didn't have anything to hate the party would simply vanish into thin air. Hate it their currency. Hate is literally the glue of the party. God gays and guns what would they do without them? Now where is that Willie Horton?

#14 sargon20, Sep 23, 2008
  15. faceking

Albums:
    Yep. I've tried on countless occasions to engage in civil dialogue, so perhaps I've been brought down by the masses, but this is one spade calling you a spade.

16. faceking

Albums:

Look at this f/u/c/k/i/n/g/ /i/d/i/o/t.

Sorry, uncalled for... just paranoid and bizarre.

17. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Oh, I always stay civil until insulted. Then I let them sparks fly. And if anybody starts an argument with "liberals are too stupid...." or "You have been watching too much Michael Moore..." sparks fly.

18. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well they do indeed appeal to the baser instincts of their constituency -engaging in the use of lies, fear mongering, scare tactics, stereotyping, racial innuendos, and buzz words calculated to get a rise from the lowest in people.

Take for instance their (not all - some) sneering reference to "bleeding heart liberals". That has always confused me considering their alleged ties to Christian fundamentalism. How can so-called "Christians" mock a decidedly Christian symbol (the Sacred Heart of Christ)? Doesn't seem so Christian to me.

Generally I find theirs is the politics that favors the wealthy. The politics of "me first", of "I got mine, damn the rest." Look at the proposals for the mortgage company and bank bailouts that had nothing in them for the homeowner. They were trying to freight-train it through.

Like somebody had to actually TELL their asses that protection was also needed for homeowners??

The Republican party cares about big business (to the exclusion of most environmental concerns), about the wealthiest of Americans at the expense of the rest.

I'm convinced that they don't give a good "gawd-damned" about the average American. And I think anyone who believes otherwise is living in a fool's paradise.

Damned certain.

#18 b.c., Sep 23, 2008
  19. B_starinvestor

You are trying too hard to get the job of Nancy Pelosi's personal assistant. If you chain yourself to a gas pump or, pledge allegiance to Barbara Boxer you will better advance your political career of no work and all bitch. Sleep well cursing the risk-taking American that provides jobs and benefits; that adapts and adjusts in times of adversity. The lazy and apathetic will be taken care of by those that sacrifice and work. They will continue to clean up your messes, deal with your protests, and provide for your healthcare and wellbeing - all the while being ridiculed and attacked by the very people they provide for and protect. Sleep well tonight - for you have nothing to wager on tomorrow.

20. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    As usual, your gift for ASSumptions.

For one, if I aspired to politics I'd already be there. And I pay my own way, buy my own healthcare and insurance, and clean up my own "messes", thanky very much.

Americans, Democrats and Republican alike, sacrifice and work, take risks, adapt and adjust, and deal with all kinds of adversity...some of us more than others.

Because you or I do doesn't earn us a medal and DAMNED sure doesn't earn us the right to turn our backs on our fellow American who is less abled than us to provide for self. If you think it does, that's your problem.

As for what I'll wager - I'll wager this: guys like you will always have guys like us calling you out on bullshit.

You can bet on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted