Ramming Speed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sargon20, Mar 9, 2010.

1. sargon20

Gold Member

Too good to pass up...........

Googling to my heart's content on a recent eve, I decided to match "health care" with "ram" to see what would happen. What I got was about 9.8 million hits, some of them right on the nose and reflecting the current conservative meme that after more than a year, several votes, countless presidential speeches and having to look upon the face of Harry Reid some 10,000 times, the health-care bill is being "rammed" through Congress -- an absurdity that now has currency through sheer repetition. It is not exactly the renowned vaunted Big Lie, just a miserable little one.

Ramming Speed

2. maxcok

Gold Member

"an absurdity that now has currency through sheer repetition"

The rhetorical currency of the Reich. Remind you of anyone :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ?

Not that he/she/it is unique in this technique.

3. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    LMAO @ the Ben Hur joke...this is the term we always used to use when my mother would drive in reverse, since she seemed to only cause accidents backing out of the driveway. As a 5 year old I just accepted it for what it was...then I managed to actually sit still and watch Ben Hur at about 12 and fell off the couch laughing.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Last year I had the occasion to help "my favorite Republican" who just turned 84 play car chase from his house to the mechanic's shop back to his place so we could get both his cars home. He drives a Buick Lucerne. I noticed that, unlike my Dodge RAM 2500 4x4 diesel that has a Reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and the four-wheel drive gears, his Buick has Reverse, Drive 1, Drive 2, and Careen. When did GM start offering that option? :smile:

5. sargon20

Gold Member

an absurdity that now has currency through sheer repetition

That's how it works. It's like they get a download each morning and all the foot soldiers go march out with their orders......

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

[/SIZE][/I][/B]That's how it works. It's like they get a download each morning and all the foot soldiers go march out with their orders......

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely wonderful clip. Thanks for sharing.

I am, however, somewhat surprised that the anti-health care GOP didn't show up screaming on FAUX Not The News "IT'S A COOK BOOK!!!!!" the first time the Dems presented their initial draft for a health plan.

Draft saved Draft deleted