Reactions: MickeyLee

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can never be a game show contestant.

Host holding index cards: "And we welcome our players this morning. The first comes to us from Florida and she says she's a home remodeler and loves horses. And it says here (looking closely) you were on staff of a big weenie website? So tell us about that. Was it Oscar Mayer?"

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can never be a game show contestant.

Host holding index cards: "And we welcome our players this morning. The first comes to us from Florida and she says she's a home remodeler and loves horses. And it says here (looking closely) you were on staff of a big weenie website? So tell us about that. Was it Oscar Mayer?"

CONGRATULATIONS Elle
well deserved
ps
enjoy this,your 1st game show,happens to be in our infamous year of 2020 dang

Start a Conversation
EllieP
Staff Member

I can never been in a game show contestant.

Reactions: EllieP

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't like doors, well, specifically shut and locked ones.

Noticed recently after removing my office door (it just seemed redundant) that I have done this in my last three houses. Take the door off the sitting room or the kitchen or whatever because it's just in the way. Further, I have a habit of not shutting external doors - I'll leave the house, do some shopping and leave the front door unlocked. I never close internal doors in the house unless absolutely necessary. It drives the people I live with to distraction on occasion. Me and my ambivalence to locked doors.

It's kinda ok in the country, no-one's ever tried to burgle us, but I was just as bad when we lived in London. I left the front door open for a whole day one time. The other half went spare.

And then I thought and thought and thought and had some dim and distant memory of being locked in a bathroom in an unfamiliar place as a child and panicking. Maybe that explains it.

@DiamondJoe - Having had the front and side door of my former home smashed in 3 times by burglars within less than 2 years, with an alarm system in place, my household ransacked each time, in what is considered to be a fairly "safe" city in the USA, and losing 3 trusted room mates in the process, I have opted to prefer living alone in an apartment building that has at least some amount of security and protection from the wanton, clever street criminals, here.

A/B

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
funny,i think

how,i have gone back to IE EXPLORER
after raving on for years,about all other browsers

damn sick of several,just disappearing on me,and having to reload them from scrastch

not so bright,the buggers

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
funny,i think

how,i have gone back to IE EXPLORER
after raving on for years,about all other browsers

damn sick of several,just disappearing on me,and having to reload them from scrastch

not so bright,the buggers

uh oh,as bad
spoke too soon
must be the natural deterioration of all things,everything duh'

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Available beverages at our house include:

Coffee
Green tea
Chamomile tea
Water
Fruit juice
Milk
Soymilk
Beer (occasionally)

I don't like soda. Root beer is ok sometimes, but I can't finish a whole can. It's way too sweet. All soda, just way too sweet :confounded:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
far prefer Au VEGEMITE.. yeast extract
to NZs bloody dark/strong marmite
religous Sanitarium tm/7th day Adventist ,money making dynamite

similarly
reminisce
UHT LONGLIFE MILK x 4/8 years on island
with HOT CUPS OF T, mmmm
yep
simplicity,of life

View attachment 22165421

Au vegemite

View attachment 22165841

uht longlife,ha

I'm Team Marmite. Being certified vegan makes it more ML friendly.

Reactions: rbkwp

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a 40-something fella who was just told I apparently have been “ghosted”. Sad part is the “ghostee” and I had only chatted via messenger, and never even alluded to anything more than mocking anti-vaxxers and science deniers in general. It was brought up by her to meet up (we went to high school together decades ago). When the weekend came, crickets. That was a week ago. At least I learned a new term! :joy:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
smirking
after 40 years plus,of ensuring sealing of biscuit packets,take place,religiously

ie
i hated soft biscuits

i have now developed a system of 'having SOFT biscuits,by emptying at least 1/2 a pkt into a bowel
and
sick of messy dunking

fragile aged gums,maybe
aka
age does wary us

9310072021584.jpg

ps
due to open soon duh
bored,as well

I am a 40-something fella who was just told I apparently have been “ghosted”. Sad part is the “ghostee” and I had only chatted via messenger, and never even alluded to anything more than mocking anti-vaxxers and science deniers in general. It was brought up by her to meet up (we went to high school together decades ago). When the weekend came, crickets. That was a week ago. At least I learned a new term! :joy:
Consider yourself lucky that this is new to you. It happens all the time... And it seems that women are more likely to ghost than men. The flip side is that dudes often insult and then flounce. Two girlfriends recently had dudes insult their age and then their appearance before unmatching/stop texting. I think you might be luckier.

This has been a banner year for me deciding to no longer give particular companies money because of... let us just say disagreeing intensely with things the company supports. Disney, Blizzard (video game company for you non-nerds), and Netflix.

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Consider yourself lucky that this is new to you. It happens all the time... And it seems that women are more likely to ghost than men. The flip side is that dudes often insult and then flounce. Two girlfriends recently had dudes insult their age and then their appearance before unmatching/stop texting. I think you might be luckier.
I speak partially in jest. Our conversations have never gone into even flirting territory. Just 2 divorced old classmates commiserating on stupid people and secretly judging people. We were gonna meet last weekend, but I got crickets. She’s a single mom and had the weekend free, so I don’t blame her one bit for forgetting about our rather loose plan. I actually heard from her today and we are going to try for next weekend, we shall see.