Random Political Thoughts

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like this section, but it has become a bit slow recently. So here is a thread for random political thoughts. You must have them.

Here's mine. Mr. Obama's speeches are becoming a bit patronising. Is it his monotone delivery?
I don't think he's monotone. Maybe you are just bored or offended by the fact he says the same thing over and over again, because people keep asking him the same questions over and over again. :tongue: :cool:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think he's monotone. Maybe you are just bored or offended by the fact he says the same thing over and over again, because people keep asking him the same questions over and over again. :tongue: :cool:

I know I'd be a little annoyed if people kept asking me if Health Care Reform means "death for grandma".

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here's mine. Mr. Obama's speeches are becoming a bit patronising. Is it his monotone delivery?

He's not the orator Bill Clinton was, unfortunately. He eventually drives his points home but lacks variety in expressions and gestures making him considerably less dynamic than other speakers. I'd love to see him pull a Khrushchev and pound the podium with a shoe or Michele's handbag or something but I don't see it happening any time soon.

I much prefer his off-the-cuff remarks when he thinks he's off camera -like his remark about Kanye West. :biggrin1:

Reactions: Drifterwood

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Boring !!! I like Bill Clinton who can give good speeches and explain things better than Obama does.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's not the orator Bill Clinton was, unfortunately. He eventually drives his points home but lacks variety in expressions and gestures making him considerably less dynamic than other speakers. I'd love to see him pull a Khrushchev and pound the podium with a shoe or Michele's handbag or something but I don't see it happening any time soon.

I much prefer his off-the-cuff remarks when he thinks he's off camera -like his remark about Kanye West. :biggrin1:
Me too, it shows the real him.

Boring !!! I like Bill Clinton who can give good speeches and explain things better than Obama does.
As do I, but Clinton wasn't an option. I wonder what would have happend if the people that voted for Obama wrote in Bill Clinton, would there have been a run-off election? Would Congress or whoever change the 2 term law for Presdents?

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I'm not too fussed about what politicians say and even less about how they say it. It is what they do that is important.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chinese (you know those communist thugs who steal billions from their own people and we buy all their crap to make em richer?) kick Obama's ass at Brokenhagen. What a wimp!

As do I, but Clinton wasn't an option. I wonder what would have happend if the people that voted for Obama wrote in Bill Clinton, would there have been a run-off election? Would Congress or whoever change the 2 term law for Presdents?

Congress couldn't do a thing. It's not U.S. Code that limits the term of the president, but the 22nd Amendment adopted in 1951:

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.
Congress and/or the states would have to rescind the amendment (and very quickly) to allow Clinton to take office.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I'm not too fussed about what politicians say and even less about how they say it. It is what they do that is important.

That's interesting Jason, because I would say that most modern politicians have very little capability to actually do anything. It ends up being more about what they say.

Having said that, Blair and Brown can be judged on what they have done. Perhaps this is the effect of their presidentialising our parliamentary system.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
"You like potato and I like potahto
You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto,
Tomato, tomahto.
Let's call the whole thing off

But oh, if we call the whole thing off
Then we must part
and oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you like pyjamas
and I like pyjahmas,
I'll wear pyjamas
and give up pyajahmas
for we know we need each other so
we better call the whole thing off
let's call the whole thing off.

You say laughter and I say larfter
You say after and I say arfter
Laughter, larfter
after arfter..."

(SHIT! I'm going looney in here!)

Last edited:

ubered

Experimental Member
Media
:laugh2: I second Oprah for Queen!

For the re-annexation of Northern France by the UK - but mostly just Champagne-Ardenne! :friday:

Popyuu

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kind of like random thoughts but with a political spin.

ha first!

Now that i've gotten that out of my system.

Random political thought number 1.

I think whenever a republican does win the presidency, consumer spending will grind to a halt.

Pine Gap. Most of you US citizens or the western world would not know about this place.....:)