Random Political Thoughts

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

money hungry Aussie tax office ripping off the backpackers
if they get the chance

always been a flat rate of 10pc NZ for all agricultural/orchard workers in my day.. dont know about now

fair and easy made the fruit picking jobs worth while for those who wanted to work and make a bit of subsistence living dollars

Aussie Govt see an opportuity to make dolllars .. 32 bloody pc the bastards ..ond the young traveller backpackers wno want to work, will suffer

unlike the lazy fat slobby pisshead local Aussies

theyve seen the error of there was, the Aussie govt i am talking about, and have suspended it for now
only becvause the elections here in 6 weeks or so
theyll introduce it after that , gauranteed

Queensland farmers have mixed reactions to delayed backpacker tax

5469454-3x2-340x227.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...ackpacker-tax-delay/7424110?WT.mc_id=newsmail

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the entire world under fire
not even mentioning the war raveged countries or the migrant refugee asylum seekers ..

Venezuela opposition slams 'desperate' Maduro state of emergency

Published on May 18, 2016
Venezuela's congress has rejected President Nicolas Maduro's decree for a state of emergency.

Meanwhile Maduro used a televised speech to again blame his country's economic crisis on a US-led

ARGENTINA UNDER FIRE

BRAZIL UNDER FIRE

KENYA/NIGERIA UNDER FIRE in a different way, drought, millions displaced ..

French government stands firm amid labour protests

Published on May 17, 2016
The French government has refused to back down on new labour laws despite mass protests.

Police in Paris again used tear gas to disperse demonstrators, who say the changes will remove workers'

TGrizzard

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the entire world under fire
not even mentioning the war raveged countries or the migrant refugee asylum seekers ..

Venezuela opposition slams 'desperate' Maduro state of emergency

Venezuela's congress has rejected President Nicolas Maduro's decree for a state of emergency.

Meanwhile Maduro used a televised speech to again blame his country's economic crisis on a US-led

ARGENTINA UNDER FIRE

BRAZIL UNDER FIRE

KENYA/NIGERIA UNDER FIRE in a different way, drought, millions displaced ..

French government stands firm amid labour protests

Published on May 17, 2016
The French government has refused to back down on new labour laws despite mass protests.

Police in Paris again used tear gas to disperse demonstrators, who say the changes will remove workers'

Brazil has been a mess since the early 70's and nothing is reported. the Favelas are a mess country are still flooding in. we are not close to Argentina or Venezuela. I see Citgo signs we love their fossil fuels . I don't believe the issue their is anything like the Middle East and West Africa.

Oh boy I'm ready to slam the UK and France for fucking the world up after WW1...not the people the policies

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Monsanto and the Poisoning of Europe

Open letter to the EFSA Chief Attorney About Re-licensing Glyphosate in the EU

By Colin Todhunter
Global Research, May 18, 2016
Region: Europe
Theme: Biotechnology and GMO, Environment, Science and Medicine

field-spray-corn-cropduster-crop-400x172.jpg

This week, a Standing Committee of plant scientists from 28 member states in Europe is likely to endorse the European Food Safety Authority’s (EFSA) findings so that the European Commission (under pressure from Monsanto, Glyphosate Task Force and others) can re-authorise glyphosate for another nine years. This is despite the WHO classifying glyphosate as being “probably carcinogenic” to humans.

An open letter from campaigner Rosemary Mason to Dirk Detken, Chief Attorney to the EFSA, follows the brief background article you are about to read. In the letter, Mason highlights the regulatory delinquency concerning the oversight of glyphosate in the EU. The evidence provided by Mason might lead many to agree that processes surrounding glyphosate ‘regulation’ in Europe amount to little more than a “cesspool of corruption.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/monsanto-and-the-poisoning-of-europe/5525765

'smile' agree
you go after FRANCE/UK, i will stick to the USA/ISRAEL haha ..

Oh boy I'm ready to slam the UK and France for fucking the world up after WW1...not the people the policies

Elegy_

Experimental Member
Media
money hungry Aussie tax office ripping off the backpackers
if they get the chance

always been a flat rate of 10pc NZ for all agricultural/orchard workers in my day.. dont know about now

fair and easy made the fruit picking jobs worth while for those who wanted to work and make a bit of subsistence living dollars

Aussie Govt see an opportuity to make dolllars .. 32 bloody pc the bastards ..ond the young traveller backpackers wno want to work, will suffer

unlike the lazy fat slobby pisshead local Aussies

theyve seen the error of there was, the Aussie govt i am talking about, and have suspended it for now
only becvause the elections here in 6 weeks or so
theyll introduce it after that , gauranteed

Queensland farmers have mixed reactions to delayed backpacker tax

5469454-3x2-340x227.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...ackpacker-tax-delay/7424110?WT.mc_id=newsmail

What a shame. I was looking at getting a WHV for Aus too. Still would, but given that it's more expensive than both NZ and Canada, dashes my hopes a bit.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
just on that
dont want to put you crook

believe the Aussies have put it on hold at the moment, as in havent introduced it, yet
i am figuring they will a few months after the elections, due in 6 weeks or so i think

if your nz bound, your welcome to pm me .. yes

What a shame. I was looking at getting a WHV for Aus too. Still would, but given that it's more expensive than both NZ and Canada, dashes my hopes a bit.

Elegy_

Experimental Member
Media
just on that
dont want to put you crook

believe the Aussies have put it on hold at the moment, as in havent introduced it, yet
i am figuring they will a few months after the elections, due in 6 weeks or so i think

if your nz bound, your welcome to pm me .. yes

I'm uninformed re: Australian politics and haven't really been following the election. Had a cursory read of the article you linked. I wouldn't be entirely put off; it's just that, given that fruit-picking is more or less mandatory if you want to get a year-long extension of your visa, it's a bit... shit. NZ is lovely too. I know a great guy there. But my heart belongs to an Aussie hah.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
understand
thanks for explaining
anything i can assist you with please let me know

i actually prefer Aus to NZ,but it makes sense to retire in your own homeland ha

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CNNAviation corresspondent Richard Quest
old footage will do

'planes dont just falll out of the sky, particularly at 37-00 feet'?
Richard said ..

not to mention i auto tune into CNN, when planes go missing, or
fall out of the sky??
gonna blame the RUSSIANS anyway?
no thats TURKEY huh?

BREAKING NEWS

An EgyptAir passenger jet with 69 people aboard has disappeared from radar over the Mediterranean Sea, the airline said

Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:13 AM EDT
An EgyptAir passenger jet traveling to Cairo from Paris with 69 people on board disappeared over the Mediterranean early Thursday, the airline said on its Twitter account.
Flight MS804, an Airbus A320 jet, lost contact with radar systems over Greece at 2.45 a.m. Cairo time, 80 miles before it was scheduled to enter Egyptian airspace, EgyptAir said. It had taken off from Paris three hours and 40 minutes earlier.
Read more »

aah HOLLANDE can stay home and sort out his own coutrys problems instead of travelling around the world like a cry baby sayingg, poor us, boo hoo
why attack us???

French police protests against 'anti-cop' hate

French police have taken to the streets, upset about a spike in anti-police sentiment.They say they have been targeted during recent, anti-government protests over labour law reforms. But as they held their own demonstration in Paris, a counter rally was taking place just down the street, prompting further tension.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

much more in depth comprehensive/condensed reporting than CNN/BBC,and others, speculating and going on about irrelevant info ..

Debris found after EgyptAir plane disappears

Greek defence sources have reported the discovery of two large plastic objects in the sea 80km south of Crete, just hours after an EgyptAir jet travelling from Paris to Cairo went missing with 66 people on board.

unfortunate
thatit is France again, including Egypt, again,
geuss realization kicked in that Egypt was not going to freely place information out there , mmmmm

Wreckage from the missing EgyptAir jet has been found. Egypt said terrorism was a more likely cause than technical failure.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:29 PM EDT
An Egyptian jetliner carrying 66 people from Paris to Cairo abruptly swerved, vanished from radar and plunged into the Mediterranean early Thursday, shortly before it was scheduled to land. Egyptian officials said wreckage had been found and suggested terrorism was a more likely cause than technical failure.
The loss of the flight, EgyptAir 804, was the second civilian aviation disaster for Egypt in the past year. It immediately resurrected fears and speculation about the safety and security of Egyptian air travel and broader questions about terrorism against civilian air travel.
Read more »

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

good for them, go the people of Venuzela
kick that bastard out ..

Al Jazeera English has uploaded Protests intensify against Venezuelan President Maduro

Protests intensify against Venezuelan President Maduro
Violence has broken out between opposition protesters and riot police in Venezuela.

Thousands turned out for their third rally this week demanding a recall referendum to oust President Nicolas Maduro.

cant believe it
another mystery plane dissapearrance ..
VANISHED

geesus ..surely militarry sattellites WW know of its whereabouts?
esp in that region FFS

EgyptAir crash: Inquiry into why Flight MS804 vanished

french-president-confirms-missing-egyptair-flight-has-crashed-1463662428.jpg

MIDDLE EAST

Greek Authorities Say Recovered Debris Not From Missing EgyptAir Flight

http://ichef1.bbci.co.uk/news/768/c..._89742043_egyptair_flight_ms804_624map_v3.png

Elegy_

Experimental Member
Media
This is more topical than political but it incensed me. Is it just me or is there something wrong with these cherry-picked quotes? That you feel you need an iPad to learn is pathetic to me, and perhaps you're not suited to academia, let alone law?

Attachments

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The UK system may be different to elsewhere.

All prisons have an education room. The idea is that prisoners are taught skills that will help them avoid re-offending. Most of the work goes in remedial literacy and numeracy and requires a teacher and very little in the way of technology. However prisons do provide education at levels up to degree. Most prisoners are not permitted to access the internet. Where computers are provided they are mostly stand-alone for word processing and similar.

In general a UK prisoner would not have an iPad and as they wouldn't have internet access it is hard to see what they could do with it. There are exceptions however. The biggest group is prisoners on remand, those awaiting trial and who may be innocent. There may also be special circumstances for children in detention. Within the whole of the UK prison population there probably are a few who can reasonably have iPad access.

There is often a political backlash against any spending on prisoners. Often this is shortsighted. The aim is to stop prisoners re-offending, and very often the key to this is that new skills are learnt. Given the high cost of prisons this is a cost-effective use of resources.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

welcome addition
any abstract information is welcome, often dfifficult to find a supposed correct home for things,sharing any information, thoughhts/views/opinions,can only be good for those who find interest in it, and theres always someone interested huh

get to a stage in life where one readily accepts gratuitously what others choosde to share ha ..

This is more topical than political but it incensed me.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

all respect
but as important as, any western European tragedy ..
lest we forget' natues diaster, as compared to so called man made terror?

and io believe DEthiopia is sufffering very similar
cause EL NINO apparently
give it ll some thought people ..???

Sri Lanka: Torrential rain humpers’ landslide rescue

Published on May 20, 2016
More torrential rain is threatening further landslides in Sri Lanka. The weather is making it difficult for crews to find the bodies of more than 140 people buried by a landslide. 3 days ago. 58 people are already known to have died in Aranayaka.Al Jazeera’s Minelle Fernandez has more.

sounds like similar recognition should be accorded the ROHINGYAR of Myanmar
a wonderful thing ..

another realistic job for the United Nations, not the constant uselesds crap talk they spend years to come up with

Afro-Bolivians recognized as a distinct ethnic group

In Bolivia descendants of African slaves are staking a claim in a society that until recently didn't even know they existed. Afro Bolivians are being given a voice following a campaign by President Evo Morales to overcome racism.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh theyll likely change there mind in a few days and say otherwise??

way the reports have/have not been comming out from that lot??

'Human remains, debris' from EgyptAir plane found

Egypt's Civil Aviation Ministry confirms that the navy has found human remains believed to belong to those on board EgyptAir flight MS804 that crashed in the Mediterranean.

incredible'

'Half a million flee homes' as Sri Lanka grapples with deadly floods, landslides

7434084-3x2-700x467.jpg

Severe flooding in Sri Lanka has forced half a million people to flee their homes across the island nation, officials say, as the death toll from days of torrential rain and landslides rose to more than 60.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-21/sri-lanka-flood-evacuations/7434068?WT.mc_id=newsmail

Elegy_

Experimental Member
Media
The UK system may be different to elsewhere.

All prisons have an education room. The idea is that prisoners are taught skills that will help them avoid re-offending. Most of the work goes in remedial literacy and numeracy and requires a teacher and very little in the way of technology. However prisons do provide education at levels up to degree. Most prisoners are not permitted to access the internet. Where computers are provided they are mostly stand-alone for word processing and similar.

In general a UK prisoner would not have an iPad and as they wouldn't have internet access it is hard to see what they could do with it. There are exceptions however. The biggest group is prisoners on remand, those awaiting trial and who may be innocent. There may also be special circumstances for children in detention. Within the whole of the UK prison population there probably are a few who can reasonably have iPad access.

There is often a political backlash against any spending on prisoners. Often this is shortsighted. The aim is to stop prisoners re-offending, and very often the key to this is that new skills are learnt. Given the high cost of prisons this is a cost-effective use of resources.

If I remember correctly, prisoners were given iPads for the purpose of Skyping with their families/loved ones. It's not to say I necessarily agree, but I'm not sure why that schoolgirl thinks she and her cohort are somehow more 'deserving'??? It's just an iPad. And if she were as hard-working as she professes to be, she could've gone out and gotten a part-time job and bought one for herself if she deemed it so critical to her studies. It's just this sort of 'entitlement' that stems from what may or may not be a 'me me me' culture that irks me.

"How am I supposed to learn...?" Read a book. What you couldn't glean from those screenshots was the audience clapping. I just can't lol.

Serial killers and rapists aside, to put it simply, petty thugs are humans too. Basically, I agree with you about rehabilitation and reintegration into society.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
iPad for Skype makes sense. It would be possible to lock an iPad so that Skype is all it can do. Presumably prisoners would be using Skype over an iPad in a way that is comparable to a face-to-face prison visit. There are costs for a prison in managing every face-to-face visit, while visitor transport costs are sometimes paid by the state, so the cost of an iPad is not disproportionate.

As such this is a completely different use for an iPad to that of education. The idea of comparing the two falls down.