Random Poll: What is Breakfast?

What do you eat for breakfast?

• Grains (wheat and corn breads, pancakes, oatmeal, etc)

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Fruit

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Vegetables

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Dairy (yogurt, cheese, cream)

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Red Meat

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • White Meat

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuts

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Beans (peas, lentils)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Coffee/Tea

Votes: 32 68.1%

• Total voters

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here I think most people have toast or cereal, with some having bacon and eggs or fruit.

I usually have something bread based (either a sandwich or toast) with some combination of ham, cheese and salad (maybe ham and cucumber on toast, or a ham and cheese sandwich). Sometimes I have leftovers on my sandwich/toast (usually meat based).

I can't stomach milk or chocolate for breakfast.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A breakfast/muesli bar and a cup of tea.

Sometimes four slices of toast instead of the bar.

Sometimes a bowl of cereal instead of the bar.

But ALWAYS a cup of tea! I can't survive without it!

My breakfast choices have nothing to do with what I think is "breakfast food" - I'm just far too lazy to make the effort to cook/prepare anything else. I'm not a morning person, I like to sleep in so I never wake up 'bright' and 'fresh'. All my energy is spent making the cup of tea.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I'm in Mexico I add chilaquiles to my regular morning fruit and coffee, sometimes with salsa verde, sometimes with salsa roja
I have really high tolerance to spicy food thanks to my mom crazy sauces, but thats really brave for breakfast, your stomach must be bomb proof if u start like that :biggrin1:

My breakfast is 12 of those whole grain cookies

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-90161558613484_2141_30870117

2 slices of ham, and an apple around 3.5 ounces

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Usually old fashion oatmeal with a sprinkling of something, like walnuts, cinnamon, dried cranberries or some fruit. On Sundays I make a full breakfast usually with pancakes or waffles, sausages, scrambled eggs, fruit, the works.

I am not a coffee drinker nor a tea drinker and loathe orange juice so I usually don't drink anything at breakfast. I usually try to have a piece of fresh fruit in the morning like an orange, half a cantalope or honeydew melon, or some pineapple, mango or a papaya.

Not a big breakfast guy here. I love lox, capers and cream cheese on toasted everything bagels but just not for breakfast.

Pompeynate

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Coffee & toast usually, normally just buttered or with marmite. Sometimes have cereal with skimmed milk (Cornflakes, Rice Krispies or Weatabix) & once in a blue moon will have a cooked breakfast with orange juice (Sausages, Bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans & toast) this is normally though if it is a weekend & after a long lie in, couldn't handle a cooked breakfast early in the morning!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My breakfast consists of coffee. Not just any coffee - there is a ritual involved. I buy the 2 1/2 pound bag of Starbucks French Roast coffee beans from Costco. I grind the bean at home, and make coffee in a coffee press. I add a touch of Splenda and some milk. I am so spoiled with my coffee that I'll bring my ground coffee and coffee press with me when I visit friends for the weekend. Life is too short to drink mediocre coffee!

I don't usually eat in the morning, but if I go out to breakfast with friends, I'll usually order something Mexican: Huevos Rancheros or a Mexican Omlette. On the rare occasions that I make breakfast at home, I'll saute onion, jalapeno, and garlic until tender, then add beaten eggs. I serve the Mexican scrambled eggs in a warm corn tortilla with hot sauce. Yumm!

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was in the South, it was beer, grits with lotsa buttah, and turkey bacon.

Back home, it was beer and a grapefruit with sugar.

Here in Washington, it's beer and dry cereal (damn you, lactose intolerance)

Pompeynate

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To me breakfast can't consist of any cooked food. Like I'd never have bacon, meat, pancakes or such, that's food to me, not breakfast. ;P

Usually some sandwiches with either som salami, ham, cheese or liver paté! I LOVE sandwiches with liver paté! :D Cereal with sour milk is pretty nice too, I don't like yoghurt that much. :/ Together with some fruit and milk or water to drink.

You say you would never have meat for breakfast, then go on to say you will eat salami, ham or pate sandwiches?! Dude they are meat lol :tongue:

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Cereal, fruit juice, toast in the UK. Plus, tea or coffee obviously.

Not that many tend to have a full English breakfast these days...too fattening. :p

Very similar to mine.

I must admit that many mornings I do not have breakfast and only realise near lunchtime that I haven't had anything to eat since the night before. :shocked1:

I am trying to improve on that, so, at most I would have some toast with tuna or cheese, and some local rooibos tea.

LuxInTenebris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Breakfast for me usually extends only to a cup of black coffee, a pint of water and a cigarette at half past nine before a 10 o'clock lecture as I have always been hopeless at getting up in the morning. But after class at midday...ah yes, that is the joy of brunch. A smoothie (2 of your 5 a day; you can't go wrong!), a croissant with nutella or a bagel with eggs, and always, always, a banana. :)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I'm at home I have toast with butter and a half papaya and guava juice and coffee.
If I'm staying in a hotel I have two poached eggs, sausage, toast, hash browns and coffee and half orange juice half cranberry juice.
If I'm in a restaurant that has it on the menu I will always order biscuits with sausage gravy.
Luckily for my waistline I eat breakfast at home most of the time

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Frosted wheat squares (cheap Walmart giant bags) in skim milk with blackberries, blueberries, or bananas, washed down with cheap-assed coffee, equal, and skim. Sometimes I fry some eggs in canola oil as well.

At Cracker Barrel, the country morning breakfast: two poached eggs, grits, biscuits/gravy and coffee.

At Waffle House: cheese eggs, grits, raisin toast/apple butter, and coffee.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I eat either a traditional Turkisk "kahvalti" which is a plate of cold tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, feta and /or other cheese, toast and tea...

OR... a big bowl of yoghurt with apple, kiwi, orange, and pomegranate with flax oil, hulled hemp seeds and salba.

The yoghurt combo really gets me going.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My breakfast consists of coffee. Not just any coffee - there is a ritual involved. I buy the 2 1/2 pound bag of Starbucks French Roast coffee beans from Costco. I grind the bean at home, and make coffee in a coffee press. I add a touch of Splenda and some milk. I am so spoiled with my coffee that I'll bring my ground coffee and coffee press with me when I visit friends for the weekend. Life is too short to drink mediocre coffee!

I don't usually eat in the morning, but if I go out to breakfast with friends, I'll usually order something Mexican: Huevos Rancheros or a Mexican Omlette. On the rare occasions that I make breakfast at home, I'll saute onion, jalapeno, and garlic until tender, then add beaten eggs. I serve the Mexican scrambled eggs in a warm corn tortilla with hot sauce. Yumm!

High maintenance....phew.