rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lemur quadruplets born at Canberra zoo an important boost for species

8033386-3x2-700x467.jpg

8033566-3x2-700x467.jpg

The lemurs are native to Madagascar where deforestation and the pet and meat trade have threatened the survival of the species

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-...al-of-their-species/8033476?WT.mc_id=newsmail

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ODD ity if ever there was one??

Santa Muerte is the unsanctioned folk saint of death within Mexican Catholicism. The icon has been condemned by the Catholic church as blasphemous.

Perhaps because she is one herself, Santa Muerte is considered the patron saint of outsiders.

Celebrating Santa Muerte

This video follows some Santa Muerte devotees in New York who believe that since death comes for us all, it’s best to be on her side when she does.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/article..._18_2016)&mc_cid=04d35bd060&mc_eid=d67b59bc0e

I was just reading a story of a sea battle in WW2 about the cruisers USS Houston and HMAS Perth in the Java sea when faced with an overwhelming force. The bravery, the courage. This came about from stories I was reading the other day related to a post which was here.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
little side note
ironically and i do say/mean ironically
on island GBI,in a small musemn there was a small section dedicated to maritme disasters and i feel sure the HMAS Perth was mentioned
that and disasters of ships around NZ and in particular the island GBI

was something to do with tracing local island folks descendants who had perished in shipping disasters over the last hundred years,it traced back this partcular person/youngster i think, from NZ who had joined the RAN Royal Australian Navy

very brave people in those days

ps
this peaked my interest enough to wiki what happened to the HMAS Perth/that young island resident v ..thanks

torpedoed and sunk by the Imperial Japanese Navy at the Battle of Sunda Strait. Of the 681 sailors aboard, 353 were killed in battle.

Reactions: 185248

little side note
ironically and i do say/mean ironically
on island GBI,in a small musemn there was a small section dedicated to maritme disasters and i feel sure the HMAS Perth was mentioned
that and disasters of ships around NZ and in particular the island GBI

was something to do with tracing local island folks descendants who had perished in shipping disasters over the last hundred years,it traced back this partcular person/youngster i think, from NZ who had joined the RAN Royal Australian Navy

very brave people in those days

ps
this peaked my interest enough to wiki what happened to the HMAS Perth/that young island resident v ..thanks

torpedoed and sunk by the Imperial Japanese Navy at the Battle of Sunda Strait. Of the 681 sailors aboard, 353 were killed in battle.

Yes rb, growing up you would have been the same as I, the old war movies about sea battles. The Bismarck, even those in the recent years of the Falklands in modern warfare. But to read the crew of these two ships and what they encountered and fought against is quite astounding. Yet seems to have been for the most part left forgotten. As it was back then for propaganda purposes.

To hear that these wrecks are being plundered for scrap is also mostly ignored. How can you expect young men and women to serve their country when this is permitted to happen? I just don't get it sometimes sad to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

interesting followup of the above Au Architects home

buider related ha

on a personal note
housing/homeless been a lifelong passion,why i get xtra angry re those airstikes in Syria etc

interesting followup of the above Au Architects home

buider related ha

on a personal note
housing/homeless been a lifelong passion,why i get xtra angry re those airstikes in Syria etc

At least in Dubai they have plenty of dosh to spread around... for the homeless, rather for those with to many homes :). Yet a 1,000 or so kilometres away ( from Brisbane to Newcastle) people are being blown away out of theirs.

A happy pic :) Flying Koala.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NICE' ha

time for my '2nd sleep'

read up om it for your retirement sessions in a few years v ha ha, true
ps
dont believe in all the constant theories they keep comming up with,just do it,no stress,survive huh

A happy pic :) Flying Koalas!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
v posted an article re fruit bats,this be a follow up in case he has a fetish/uhhmm i mean fascination with bats' ha

when i lived under that bridge in BOWEN QLD Au
every night them screeching fruit bats would fly over from there bat cave to the fruit trees etc

esp eirre when they were caught in a passing trains headlights ha true'

Geneticists hope to unlock secrets of bats’ complex sounds
Project to sequence the DNA of more than 1,000 species seeks to reveal how bats learn to communicate.

GettyImages-543719076_web.jpg

http://www.nature.com/news/genetici...ex-sounds-1.20997?WT.ec_id=NEWSDAILY-20161121

Winged singers. Scientists are planning to sequence the genomes of more than 1,000 bat species to try and work out how the creatures learn to communicate. Bats bark, chatter, screech, whistle and trill, and young bats pick up the language from older tutors – but scientists are in the dark about the acoustic communication and social behaviour that drive how bats learn these songs and sounds. (Nature news story)

Last edited:
Reactions: 185248

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
pretty cool i would have thought huh,unusual anyway ..
nice looking bird,always fgascinated me,we have something similar ha, dreaming me ..
NZ Pukeko,they are a lot more scawny actually ha

upload_2016-11-24_6-42-48.jpeg

Dodo skeleton sells for £280,000 at auction
_92471492_dodo1-2.jpg
Image copyrightSUMMER'S PLACE AUCTIONS
Image captionThe bones were retrieved from the Mare aux Songes swamp in Mauritius in the 19th Century
_92478573_hi018520098.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-38068828

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
impressive old Maori fotification
theres a lot we dont/never know about earlier cultures customs ..even if theyre generally known as peace loving

humankind was forever weary of what fellow mankind could get up to ..

CAUAATxVlhxua9xvdDtJvP38q9nHaCbrvr9MbiPVN3A2v0SvZFaCLvHzyYCcQ-PHPm1fjHVhIl_I1q8tDppH35zjIGYZYYkF1L60W-VqCkLCtueEOen-47ZCTnzGbYeyOkCmYckvGg=s0-d-e1-ft

Reactions: Deedeemarie