Random thoughts

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

announces $14 million expansion
Big River Pork is set to become one of the largest pork processors in the country following a $14 million expansion at its plant in Murray Bridge, South Australia.

cool that it took a chance in life?? smile ha'

related
have to say miss terribly the island life
butthere rooting arouund caused inestimable damage damn annotying?
despite good eating esp the younger uns ..

Feral pig population rising in WA's south-west
Feral pig populations in Western Australia's south-west are now in the "tens of thousands" with authorities fighting against the animals' ability to reproduce at a rapid rate.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BRILLIANT
worth being immortalised into LPSG ie bigger/est cock history? TRUE'

'we dont need no wars'

CLEVER

This City Just Set Aside 1,000 Acres to Save Honey Bees

Tp0Mh1PO5q_HhqIXr7RECuOiyVoFWyJUwabiZOiJr9SiqW3tM50Xg8D_7AL742aalYBXLO1oMbUVl30YEjVohAh4_Y9I5MC5HRY5l4VaU_GAW4yToGCh8eY6teo2E0K7_9SFEpEfx-BQvctOgLstFgiEyHw6-VZXw5ipDeY=s0-d-e1-ft

The causes of bee decline vary—exposure to a variety of pesticides, fungus, parasites and rising temperatures being just some of the potential issues—but there's only one really effective way to fight back against the problem. Bees need open spaces to roam and collect pollen without being disturbed.

One city in Iowa has decided to do just that, in a major way: Cedar Rapids is planning to set aside 1,000 acres of bee-friendly open space. (Eventually, it's hoped, the project may expand to as many as 10,000 acres). This spring, they'll start by seeding a modest 188 acres with native prairie grasses and wildflowers, plants that will both nourish pollinators and prevent invasive weeds from spreading. So far, the initiative has secured $180,000 in funding from the state and the Monarch Research Project, an organization dedicated to restoring monarch butterfly populations and pollinator habitats.

Cedar Rapids is planning to set aside 1,000 acres of ... READ MORE

http://www.ecowatch.com/cedar-rapid...ail&utm_term=0_49c7d43dc9-99f2258dcd-85968677

Reactions: Deedeemarie

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
for some reason ha esp young pands all must agree ha

06.JPG

Actor Lee Pace plays with giant panda babies at Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in Chengdu, Sichuan province, China on Tuesday. He was named a 'Chengdu Pambassador.

and/or

11_15.jpg

Four rare white lion cubs sit besides their mother Kiara at the zoo in Magdeburg, Germany on Tuesday. Keepers weighed the three males and one female and carried out health checks on the cubs. The seven-week-old lions weigh between 8 and 11 kilograms each and have developed splendidly.

of course theres always the alternative
naaah he/shes cute also ha

08.JPG

A pig, of the Porcs Blancs de l'Ouest group, is seen on Tuesday at a farm in Plesse, France, ahead of the 2017 Paris International Agricultural Show.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
destined for political rpt but this may be a more appropriate stir ha

and to break the Trump monopoly/monotony huh

some local content

ps was in NAPIER for the turning of the Century
personally LOVE the AD period

New Zealand’s art deco architecture town

The small town of Napier styles itself as the “Art Deco capital of the world”.
Buildings were built in the 1930s after a deadly earthquake. Now, some may not be strong enough to withstand another disaster.
Andrew Thomas reports from Napier

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Rescuing a Fierce Leopard: See What It Takes

KpNmtyj76iq8wImyzqMCYFsR91zqGoR0ULAuCK0kHgtfXTZGeXZ1rLG8qfgT-KVPGxT45se_I572vO28RKimsKYc8gdb4cJEnoaOt8E26Cj31IblkqmSBDE9TcUUueomb9hq2ETYdpRSYcOsjdQwmp36ccJ2sR6_h5p-ui8d9ro_Vx9rTAwGgQnNOgOGqy6g=s0-d-e1-ft

My heart leaped into my throat when the caged, 175-pound leopard lunged at us, letting out a guttural growl unlike any sound I’ve ever heard. Even after he had been tranquilized, the leopard was still an intimidating presence.

I was in Namibia, filming the work of big cat conservationists Marlice and Rudie van Vuuren, who were relocating the leopard from a farm to a protected area to lessen the risk of its coming into conflict with people. As I learned, rescuing and moving leopards is not a job for the faint of heart!

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/expedition-raw/170208-sciex-exraw-
rescuing-fierce-leopard-see-what-it-takes?utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=video_20170224&utm_campaign=Content&utm_rd=597718735

Bumble bees are surprisingly innovative

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...ly_2017-02-24&et_rid=286772041&et_cid=1184114

D

deleted1030587

My favourite youtube video, a discussion and demonstration of how memories are formed, accessed and corrupted. Genuinely entertaining, it shows how false memories can be generated by conversations or observations, and can morph over time. Made me re-think a number of issues.
The World Science Festival also have some fab physics and astronomy discussions.

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

'smile'

when we had a 60 acre commercial garden growth of IDAHO potatoes was the go, maybe 20 acres per season
70s to early 80s ha nice memories'

l9ROF_0FpWovGxh__ZqEpKgwgFsr1-4zafChACoSn9ccyPhTNtH7xpawRM14W-GizbSr8haH5aeABmtmuwUQv4rw0DFm3-k-BOuRS5jHOrHA3VW9iV_6S5zjSsNt=s0-d-e1-ft
Idaho Potatoes Are Here!
OSAputE4jawqzlxnJ9RM47LCvmu3Lwe2ExrCYTlcfGu4ZMlDLlE1G0sWrUL0xUtaxmPJwWpzdv39JghuhIUUx7t9hHJs38lLGsd26tDdkwD73b4TK_WAxcjlBYZ6l2kWhHDVx3mwKZl0X8jJ_wqyMqv_oLMWp_PC-PWpOeptXr-KI_cB=s0-d-e1-ft
This week we received 21,000 pounds of Idaho grown, organic certified seed potatoes, our largest number to date! If you reserved potatoes with us, you should have received an email earlier in the week telling you they were ready for pick up. But if you did not order or have found you need more, shed no tears! We have ordered 4000# extra for you! You can come any time to browse through dozens of varieties... pink, purple, red, blue, white, gold, polka dot, or striped, whatever you want to grow... or try a little of each! These potatoes shouldn't disappear overnight but plan to come soon for best availability.

THANKS totally enjoyed/enjoying lenghty vid
ironically on a science kick the last few weeks ha

My favourite youtube video, a discussion and demonstration of how memories are formed,

edit

afraid that sounds way beyond me/my understandings ha true'

The World Science Festival also have some fab physics and astronomy discussions.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Nothing clears my mind better than a bomb ass sandwich and a big ass glass of Kool-aid. That, and dancing my ass off to some of my favorite music. It allows me to tune certain shit out of my brain so I can focus and do what makes me happy regardless of how it affects other muthafuckas. Gosh, I love my rhythm, both the physical and emotional aspects of it! And that, is the end.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not such good news for the echidna population at Mulligans Flat Woodlands Sanctuary

Sharp increase in echidnas at Mulligans Flat poses prickly problem for Canberra researchers

Sanctuary's echidna population so good managers will bring in predators

The echidna population at Mulligans Flat Woodlands Sanctuary in Canberra is so strong, researchers are considering introducing goannas and carpet pythons to keep the environment in balance by eating puggles.

8293706-3x2-700x467.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-...em/8304806?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

cool so practical ye ole farmer huh

Top Headlines

Farmer: 'I don't want roast beef'
Farmer Geoff Wallace knew he'd been frank in the job ad - but he had good reason not to want sloppy staff.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...-shocked-by-reactions-to-his-frank-job-advert

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
incredibly unfortunate be interesting to many i would imagine
history,imagine taking your youngeter to the earlier games they being 50 yos now
nostalgia supreme huh

#SPORTS#ABANDONED

PONTIAC, MICHIGAN

Pontiac Silverdome
What was once the largest NFL stadium is now an abandoned ruin.

DSC_6483.JPG

The Pontiac Silverdome was the former home of the Detroit Lions. The stadium, built in 1975, pioneered a new type of stadium ceiling, domed fiberglass held up by air pressure. In its 31 years of operation it hosted football, soccer, basketball, and ultimate frisbee games, concerts, WrestleMania, and even a mass by Pope John Paul II. It closed after the Lions left for Ford Field and has been deteriorating ever since.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...3_1_2017)&mc_cid=5aa2ab23d7&mc_eid=d67b59bc0e

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
PICTURE STORIES
Big Cats, Big Moments

Photograph by Steve Winter
What’s it like to be face to face with a tiger, jaguar, or lion? A powerful photograph can put you there. In celebration of our Big Cats Initiative, we asked six National Geographic photographers to share a moment in the field that will stay with them forever.
See the pictures.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...0170226&utm_campaign=Content&utm_rd=597718735

"Ninety-eight per cent of people who get bitten by snakes are either trying to catch or kill a snake," he said.

"The other 2 per cent are really, really unlucky."

Mr Jones said snakes were a protected species and killing them came with a $10,000 fine and a two-year jail sentence.

'A tail popped out of the mouth': Farmer pulls one snake out of another
A pair of New South Wales sheep farmers discover snakes have eyes bigger than their stomachs, after pulling an entire snake from the corpse of another.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...wn/8312498?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
having read thbe article can understand .. but?

57 Snow Monkeys Euthanized for Carrying 'Alien' Genes

LJZk-5AayRgqYbcS1A3oWKuJ1JLlXpbt7dPznYNSJWp8df94EBsduDx0pIluUk1PkhNzXOMYV0Hrtd8MST-F5UTVLOhI3lhMMN5_WV-QT8vd14aobtvopYVFNi1ljvhdR9A2o0ay2h5g_xRPtiJ8I5oLoZ8wNOgBaP0Zd0I=s0-d-e1-ft

980x.jpg

Questions remain as to whether other steps could have been taken such as sterilization, IFL Science pointed out. Transplanting the common hybrids into another region may have also been a possibility; they are native to Burma, India, Thailand, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and China.

The Takagoyama Nature Zoo in the city of Futtsu, Japan euthanized 57 snow monkeys who ... READ MORE

http://www.ecowatch.com/japan-zoo-s...ail&utm_term=0_49c7d43dc9-62648c71af-85968677

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight