Random thoughts

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
somehow
never gave it a 2nd thought re wandering the Sydney nightlife 2am,virtually forthrightly after work,10 years ago

now
we have turned into animals

18yo man shot dead on Sydney street in 'targeted attack'
Police say 18-year-old Omar Elomar who was shot dead outside a home in Sydney's south-west on Saturday night was the victim of a targeted attack.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wouldent worry to much
we are ready to fight to the death, yes

Shutterstock
NZ’s classical music station is not safe yet. It now needs innovation and leadership

Classical music station RNZ Concert may have been saved by an outcry from music lovers – but as a composer, it's clear to me that its management still doesn't realise what a national treasure it is.

NZ's classical music station is not safe yet. It now needs innovation and leadership

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Harrison Broadbent, Unsplash
Why Australians fell out of love with Holdens
Gary Mortimer, Queensland University of Technology

Brand loyalty is a two-way street.

Holden cars - football, meat pies, kangaroos (Australian ad, 1970's)

file-20200217-10980-6lhlir.jpg

file-20200217-11000-g0p132.jpg

8jrgzAjjl2vsf5DD_zKOzElL4vquJt6fGuH7PTnudYWD13HXLJ-bu5unRpWCYM_LsOuqTFDHzQy5EjjPCeD0F9sLdU_RCXmeydXdBu4nBMHWCQ4y-GA5VLgqvuyUleLewimFKK_U5bZPEn07oCpkzonZsQ4PpucRcyiA6dJH-UlLGBXmTFJ1aadO5AdzA3cdU0Rt1wbwE3MjRVsv0I_emRMObSD8H3pv73gayXJ6w9i_o_WRLZ9seg=s0-d-e1-ft

Why Australians fell out of love with Holdens

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Could we be owned by normal people? ask cats
17th September 2014

cat4255-425x239.jpg

CATS have asked if they can be owned by people who are not weird.

Currently anyone owning four or more cats is automatically monitored by local authorities, while anyone with 10-plus cats is ‘zoned as a special cattery’.

But the cats themselves have said they would like to be owned by the normal just to see how it feels.

Could we be owned by normal people? ask cats

CATS have asked if they can be owned by people who are not weird.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
every Au rural article a gem

Almonds and Avocados hih
beats

Mc CHICKS AND KFC BS

WATCH Au LANDLINE vid
as good as Americas Heartland

murray-darling-basin-map-data.jpg

Canadian pension fund could now be the largest private water owner in the Murray-Darling Basin

'Smallest since the 1970s': Grim summer outlook, but farmers hope for 'massive' winter crop
With much of the country still gripped by drought, only one third of Australia's usual summer crops have been planted this year.

Invasive moth species found on Cape York prompts warning of dire consequences
A CSIRO researcher studying a like invasive species, known as fall armyworm, says Australia may struggle to eradicate it if it gets a hold on the mainland.

Germany is shutting down its coal industry for good, so far without sacking a single worker
Germany is doing what Australia says it can't — shutting down every coal mine and coal-fired power plant in the country. But there's a cost.

Meet the latest crop of food producers on Flinders Island
This idyllic Bass Strait island inspires s new crop of farmers keen to share their produce, and chefs willing to serve it up.

Canadian pension fund could now be the largest private water owner in the Murray-Darling Basin
Canada's PSP Investments now owns more than 2 per cent of Murray-Darling water entitlements, making it one of the biggest private owners in the basin.

Protected Cape Barren geese foul water, erode farmland on Spencer Gulf as population explodes
Large numbers of Cape Barren geese causing erosion and fouling water in the Spencer Gulf off South Australia.

Re-elected grain board chair admits to 'inappropriate language'
CBH chairman Wally Newman is re-elected to the board of Australia's biggest grain export company, despite admitting he was counselled over his behaviour towards women.

Greater glider habitat illegally cleared by grazier, department finds
Queensland graziers illegally cleared the equivalent of seven football fields of protected greater glider habitat, the federal Environment Department finds.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
  • its Chinese factories in response to the outbreak.
Former foreign ministers call for Paris-style deal on nature
saARoS3iPwO7KD0p3j9upYNTbut34_E8Wywd0xeY0rt8fp7mEi-2B9e87jlyIvxeV4_Ke0ZkHpxwkrYUGEjFFiceUZ3IOaXuvt4nO3UvPg_rmVUxWpzxpfVlS0Cy751oklh2MkmmaeHYiAAD_HGn-17Df0xeEKzWPQjY04NnQG_P9U3_m_KsM_lmlY1Wv7ic4416RWTVZzlT61NlA4RexnFDtjdf44Jsx4Wy-OVN4rTQ8ipEaJILn3bed5QXu4eeOxls3aFvRG10vHLrItlMSDtmQ1k=s0-d-e1-ft

l1dzEfv8ftLur-eaYyQ77NArK_YJgfUf7JM_MKvRoqasePtAdXFL1nGTiosD5LURunmfC0WJgLuUJgpPNIAvkzERsskJyakKNFJ3oB12xFg3sS6GyGPQBwb7Tc7rjkZKHChW7GfYyDSbBd8=s0-d-e1-ft
A wallaby searches for food amid the devastation of Australia’s recent bushfires. Photograph: John Moore/Getty Images
A group of 23 veteran diplomats, including the former US secretary of state Madeleine Albright, has issued a statement urging world leaders to step back from “the precipice” of irreversible ecological ruin and embrace a draft UN agreement designed to protect almost a third of the world’s oceans and land. “We must rise above politics and ideology to unite the global community around the urgent cause of protecting our planet and way of life,” reads the statement, released through the non-profit thinktank Aspen Institute.

• Rome summit. The statement comes ahead of next week’s meeting of governments to begin negotiations on the Paris-style agreement. The summit is being held in Rome after being moved from Kunming, China, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Cheat sheet
  • The seven men and five women who comprise the jury at Harvey Weinstein’s rape trial will begin their deliberations on Tuesday, with the disgraced film producer facing a maximum sentence of life in prison if he is found guilty.

• The Boy Scouts of America has filed for bankruptcy protection as it grapples with lawsuits from thousands of men who say they were molested as scouts by scoutmasters or other leaders.

• Supporters of Reality Winner, an NSA whistleblower jailed in 2018 for leaking classified information about Russia’s meddling in the US presidential election, have petitioned Trump for her early release from prison.

• The quiz app HQ Trivia has hosted its final quiz broadcast – with prize money of just $5, split between 523 contestants – after investors pulled the plug on a bid to buy the company, which at its peak attracted millions of players.
Must-reads
Vixibfnbp0wJq0xjdGc-85nv4tXW_9RKh8_IIt3yCYbtYBJWbMii_3xMO4abjT7yenta51W80EBL6eaqN8j6ICbZ5CGL7xBUkC0qeN-YsCcVBWqCxfFrJo42Nvj1jpRZTrRCk_moAk5ml439YcV_NU-AKhvu_QBS3KwObOCShShU_RvpxF0h8LzdUIeBzi8_ZJs7dNW-3S-9T99maFYHhxyzAT6KUyFjtsQ26XjyZUFPMHOP_rRmuHWF3VI_gNUuwMCUkes8z_nXKuM2EFZC9hnw=s0-d-e1-ft

l1dzEfv8ftLur-eaYyQ77NArK_YJgfUf7JM_MKvRoqasePtAdXFL1nGTiosD5LURunmfC0WJgLuUJgpPNIAvkzERsskJyakKNFJ3oB12xFg3sS6GyGPQBwb7Tc7rjkZKHChW7GfYyDSbBd8=s0-d-e1-ft
Hive heists: ‘Normal people can’t just go steal 500 hives with a forklift and a truck.’ Photograph: Marko Đurica/Reuters
The next threat to bees is … organised crime?

The plight of the world’s bees has been an environmental concern for years. But now the unfortunate insects are facing a new threat: beehive thefts, an unusual crime that has become particularly prevalent in California, as Oliver Milman discovers.

Kidnappers preying on migrants trapped at the border

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cant wait for them to get here and sort us humans out
be;ieve in the search for them, but nt that Sasquatch/Yeti BS ha

2 new ways to find aliens, according to a Nobel Prize winner
Physicist Frank Wilczek proposes new methods of searching for extraterrestrial life.

• Nobel Prize-winning physicist Frank Wilczek thinks we are not searching for aliens correctly.

• Instead of sending out and listening for signals, he proposes two new methods of looking for extraterrestrials.

• Spotting anomalies in planet temperature and atmosphere could yield clues of alien life, says the physicist.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sure is/was the Au ICON of our time, bye
owned 3 here and 2 in Aus
reliable as anything
better thsan some humans yes

BRIEFING
9 iconic Holden vehicles throughout history
It’s officially the end of the road for Holden vehicles in Australia.

What it's like to eat roast suckling pig at El Sobrino de Botín, the oldest restaurant in the world
El Sobrino de Botín in Madrid, Spain has been in operation since 1725 and holds the Guinness World Record for the oldest restaurant in the...

The 48-215. Image: Holden.
Taking it back to the early days of Holden vehicles is the 48-215, which was Holden’s first all-Aussie motor vehicle.

This O.G. came in 1948. and had two bench seats that could fit six passengers including the driver. There was enough headroom for people in the car to keep on wearing their hats.

Holden Monaro
Holden Monaro. Image: Holden
The Holden Monaro GTS 327 was the first two door coupe in Australia that came with an American V8 engine. The Monaro also gave Holden its first win during the then Bathurst 500 motor racing event in 1968.

Image: Holden

9 iconic Holden vehicles throughout history

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
uuhmmm
thats a little naughty

Wow, Dogs Really Don’t Like Black People
If Fido turns feisty around your Black friends, you may have a racist dog on your hands
1*SF8C4Q2jCF9oxhxpJExe4Q.jpeg

1*SF8C4Q2jCF9oxhxpJExe4Q.jpeg

Photo: bgfoto/Getty Images

1*Etm8OureVZmotGvbyV9zOQ.png
I’m sure my White friends and acquaintances don’t intend for their dogs to be racist. They’re good, politically conscious White people. Most voted for Bernie in the primary elections. The really good ones have a Black Lives Matter T-shirt lovingly…

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Think Australia's bushfires killed a lot of animals? Weak environmental laws threaten the lives of
  • By environment reporter Nick Kilvert

Updated Sunday at 10:42
    First posted Sunday at 09:0

Koalas are predicted to be extinct across New South Wales and Queensland by 2050 according to conservation groups

(Supplied)
    In a previous life, I obtained an environmental science degree and worked as a fauna ecologist for an environmental consultancy.

On an environmental impact study (EIS) in the rocky jump-up country out of Winton a few years ago, my colleagues and I recorded a healthy population of rock wallabies living in the caves and cliffs where a proposed coal mine was to be built.

Despite being listed as vulnerable under the federal Environment Protection an

AaGC30QRhspeUu_pWHYhSc3Juf_pacJeVdc1tSLeW7Y7mvMqL0PmXIibNPIn7Qj9Wy3V6IJcnFdeMTWiZO5V9-yCGDPzXkEM6T0rI5klJcHQOzFStDK_4Q3VIYyt3wKpcQ_H7igbe662RW9-eUi_itIcDbqelufE0w=s0-d-e1-ft

Tropical snakes left with nothing to eat after a fungus wiped out their prey

linked
asb dangerous

Science
Climate change is going to cause big problems for the antechinus, a marsupial that mates itself to death

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Earth just recorded its hottest January in history

Photo: YURI KADOBNOV/AFP via Getty Images
Last month was the hottest January in the 141 years that records have been kept by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

The average global land and ocean surface temperature in January 2020 was 2.05 degrees F (1.14 degrees C) above the 20th century average of 53.6 F (12 C), according to NOAA. This slightly surpasses the previous record set in 2016 by 0.04 degrees F (0.02 degrees C).

Of the 1,681 months of data recorded, only March 2016, February 2016 and December 2015 had a greater temperature departure from average.

January 2020 was the 44th consecutive January with temperatures above the 20th century average. (Photo: NOAA)

Record-breaking January temperatures follow other notably warm news: 2019 was Earth's second-hottest year in recorded history. It ended the warmest decade ever measured. And the superlatives continue as January marks the 44th consecutive January — and the 421st consecutive month overall — with temperatures above the 20th century average.

The four warmest Januaries have occurred since 2016, NOAA says, with the 10 warmest Januaries all h

Earth just recorded its hottest January in history

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
couldent help it
permanent record
its justr there to see, easily

On the Search for Rock Wren in the Lord River Valley
June 7, 2018Crystal Brindle + Save to a List

I could have done some preparation for this trip. I should have. But, all the same I didn’t. For reasons of being pulled in other directions, for having a little too much on my plate and honoring my tendency to say yes to everything I found myself short on time and mental energy to devote toward this upcoming week in the mountains. I barely managed to pack my bag and jump in the car when the time came to leave for the West Coast. As the hills of Southland turned into the hills of Otago I struggled to go over my mental pack list to ensure I had everything that I needed. Close enough it seemed, and besides, it was too late now to turn back.

“Hurry up and wait” is always the mantra for helicopter travel. I pace back and forth in the cold shadow of early morning in far too many layers than should be worn all the way down here. I even jump around and receive the curious attention of a charcoal grey fantail. I wonder, “how cold will it be up there” and “do I have enough warm gear?” After realizing I have forgotten to pack my beanie things are not looking especially good. But, as with before, there is nothing I can do now to change my preparation. The helicopter finally comes into view and it’s time to hop aboard and launch into an uncertain journey to an unknown place.

afa7ded6ec88546137b9fad450393b26

I soon forget my fretful musings as I am drawn nearer to icefields draped over the staunchly rugged Southern Alps. I don’t think I’ve ever beheld such texture. Perfect white smoothness gives way to deep blue-grey cracks and jumbled piles of ice and rock. The sense of immensity is heightened as my eyes take in the changing scene at lightning speed. The expanse of ice lies like icing on a cake – swirly luminescent and creamy until it breaks with remarkable sharpness at the edge of a precipice, falling away into chasms, cliffs, and chalky waterfalls roaring with meltwater. It is the places where ice meets abyss that capture me the most. From my seat in the sky I nearly press myself against the glass trying to glimpse every detail of this meeting – the way the glacier expands as it tumbles over the edge, the pumping and hurtling waterfall that rushes between the sheerest of dark cliffs to somewhere below.

351cc03d725d887a036e845dba9ad3d6
5f7918803ff8120fe7bfcac247648b1f

More and more and still more of this ice-carved landscape unfolds as we draw nearer to our destination. Wave upon wave of mountains extend to the horizon in all directions as our flight path tucks us into the heart of branching river valleys flowing from the Southern Alps to the sea.

a1ab2b3363dfc3657a39d4be66d133f0
a13ac4ff30abddd6d699afa93e40e681

Suddenly we come in low toward the head of a particular valley and I scramble to photograph our arrival. I don’t take note of much detail through the camera lens, just a range of commanding snowy mountains to my left and tussock slopes to my right. Next, we’re on the ground and I step back to see that range of mountains in closer relief as it adds a picturesque backdrop to the helicopter as it lifts off. The overwhelming noise of the chopper dies away, swept at once back toward civilization from where it came. We are left, ears ringing at the arrival of sudden stillness, in this brand-new valley to unpack, sort our gear, and get to work. The sound of the river is the first thing I notice and as we settle in it permeates into the background of this new world.

On the Search for Rock Wren in the Lord River Valley

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Google releases spectacular new Earth images - including New Zealand
11:49, Feb 16 2020
  • Email

1581806984945.jpg

GOOGLE EARTH
A Google Earth View of Dorie in Canterbury showing the Rakaia River.
Google Earth has released more than 1000 aerial images of landscapes including a spectacular photo of Dorie and the Rakaia River in Canterbury as seen from space.

1581806984945.jpg

GOOGLE EARTH
Another Google Earth View of the South Island's Rakaia.
The multiple braids of the river on the Canterbury Plains are visiblealongside the patchwork paddocks. Dorie, in South Rakaia district, gets its own bird's-eye image. You will have to explore more to see Rakaia's famous fibreglass salmon from above.

Google releases spectacular new Earth images - including New Zealand

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
doing everything to impress the Australian people
except selling less coal to other countries,for starters

NEWS

Australia bushfires: PM Morrison announces inquiry
Australia has announced a "wide ranging" inquiry into the recent bushfires that hit New South Wales particularly hard. A Royal Commission will also be tasked with looking into future preparedness.

51849803_303.jpg

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Thursday that there will be a "wide-ranging" inquiry into the causes behind the deadly bushfires that have left 33 people dead.

Morrison also announced that a six-month Royal Commission would be set up to probe preparedness in case of future bushfires.

Read more: My Australian paradise lost

The commission will also look into the need for changes to the law for better clarity on who is responsible for supervising emergency authorities, in the wake of a backlash over the government's response to the fires.

"This Royal Commission is looking at the practical things that must be done to keep Australians safe and safer for longer in hot dry summers conditions in which Australians will live into the future," Morrison said at a press briefing in Sydney.

Australia bushfires: PM Morrison announces inquiry | DW | 20.02.2020

Its quite peculiar to me when people post answers to a survey or questionnaire and just obviously and blatantly lie in every single one of their answers.
Im not going to call them out because I truly don't care but in this instance this was so over the top obvious that I was like yeahhhh okay ssssssuuure.