Rapist Preys on Men in Houston Area

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is horrible! I feel so bad for these young men. I can only imagine that the shame and stigma of rape for a man is even more intense than it is for women.

I can't believe they cops can't find a common denominator between five victims. That is highly unusual for a serial rapist. If he doesn't have a clearly defined physical type, then there is usually something else. Like maybe they all use the same mechanic, went to the same high school, played on the same traveling soccer team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapist Preys on Men in Houston Area
By JOE STINEBAKER, Associated Press Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20061218T223208Z"));4 hours ago
HOUSTON - A rapist who preys on young men has struck five times in the Houston area since mid-September, and police said Monday there may be even more victims, but they are too ashamed to come forward.

The rapist typically stalks, robs and sexually assaults his victims at gunpoint, apparently choosing them at random and attacking them near or inside their homes, police said. The most recent attack was Nov. 30.

"I wish we had a link between the victims, because we might have a better chance of catching him," said Lt. Richard Whitaker of the police department in Baytown, where two of the attacks took place. "We don't have any affirmative links at all."

He said some victims may be reluctant to come forward because of their ages and "a pride thing" that makes men more reluctant to acknowledge being the victim of a sex crime.

Investigators believe that rape is the motive, even though some victims were robbed. DNA testing is under way in an effort to identify the attacker.

In some cases, the attacker approached his victim outside their home. Other times, he broke into the home.

"I think he just sees one that he prefers, and then he begins to follow them and gather information, finding out where they live and watching their house," Whitaker said.

Victims have described the attacker as a clean-shaven black man, 18 to 21 years old, 5-foot-6 to 6 feet tall, with a shaved head.

The victims have all been men in their late teens.

if (document.title) { document.title = 'Rapist Preys on Men in Houston Area' + ' - ' + document.title;} var rand = ""+Math.random()+(new Date()).getTime();var article_name=escape(getArticleTitle());var document_url=escape(document.URL); function getArticleTitle() { var metas; if (document.all) { metas = document.all.tags("meta"); } else if (document.documentElement) { metas = document.getElementsByTagName("meta"); } if (typeof(metas) != "undefined") { for (var i = 0 ; i < metas.length ; i++) { myMeta = metas.item(i); if (myMeta.name.toLowerCase() == "title") { return trim(myMeta.content); } } } return ""; }

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can only imagine that the shame and stigma of rape for a man is even more intense than it is for women.

Because it's not supposed to happen to THEM?

I think I understand where you're coming from, but how shitty is it that there should be a double standard for rape of all things.

It shouldn't happen period.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, that's what I was trying to say however poorly.

Something about the tone of the article makes me think maybe the cops aren't taking this too seriously.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have reverted back to the "he must have been asking for it attitude." Plus, you just know the local rape crisis center is not equipped to care for male victims.

Peter Pud

1st Like
Media
I think that it is worse for men to have to say they have been rapped than women. Because men are supose to be able to take care of themselves and not let that happwn to them. When a male does admit to being rapped he then is treated like he is the one who did something wrong because he did not protect himself like a man should. A man who is rapped is very reluctant to say anything because of the stigma arround it. So they suffer in silence and struggle to get through the issues alone.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Let's not turn this into a P.C. thing...for just once, can we? Jesus Christ. I'm going to say it:

OF COURSE RAPE IS WORSE FOR A MAN THAN FOR A WOMAN. Rape is bad in general, but in life there are degrees of "badness." Murder is worse than robbery, etc. In terms of rape, the psychological damage to a hetersexual man is ten-fold what it is for a woman. It's emasculating, it's homosexual and it's brutally violent (think forced anal sex).

People now days are more concerned about being politically correct than actual truth. I swear I live in the Nazi Germany of bizarro world. Everyone better keep in step...right?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Something about the tone of the article makes me think maybe the cops aren't taking this too seriously.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have reverted back to the "he must have been asking for it attitude." Plus, you just know the local rape crisis center is not equipped to care for male victims.

I hope that they aren't taking that attitude, it's always wrong. And really unless the male victims were wearing too short skirts with slut heels the cops would have a hard time using that dreadful reasoning. The attacks are reported to have happened just outside of or within the victims homes, there can't be any way for the attaker, if found, to use a "they were asking for it" defense.

As to the rape kit, I imagine the sample collection process would be the same, but I wonder if there is anything similar to the clock test for anal penetration.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I hope that they aren't taking that attitude, it's always wrong. And really unless the male victims were wearing too short skirts with slut heels the cops would have a hard time using that dreadful reasoning. The attacks are reported to have happened just outside of or within the victims homes, there can't be any way for the attaker, if found, to use a "they were asking for it" defense.

As to the rape kit, I imagine the sample collection process would be the same, but I wonder if there is anything similar to the clock test for anal penetration.

The clock test?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Let's not turn this into a P.C. thing...for just once, can we? Jesus Christ. I'm going to say it:

OF COURSE RAPE IS WORSE FOR A MAN THAN FOR A WOMAN. Rape is bad in general, but in life there are degrees of "badness." Murder is worse than robbery, etc. In terms of rape, the psychological damage to a hetersexual man is ten-fold what it is for a woman. It's emasculating, it's homosexual and it's brutally violent (think forced anal sex).

People now days are more concerned about being politically correct than actual truth. I swear I live in the Nazi Germany of bizarro world. Everyone better keep in step...right?

I don't get it. How can you say what or for whom rape is worse? Or that the psychological damage for a guy having been forced against his will is worse that for a woman? What incredible assumptions you make! By what earthly logic did you make such a conclusion - that it'd be more "ok" or less bad for women?? Has nothing at all to do with political correctness.

Certainly you don't mean to say that you think your sister, your niece, your mom, should feel less violated than a guy because they're women. Think about it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Thirdlegmeat!

Surprised that a woman would agree with what he said? I guess I should have added to my original post that I was date raped my freshman year in college.

I don't think it's about being P.C.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Because it's not supposed to happen to THEM?

I think I understand where you're coming from, but how shitty is it that there should be a double standard for rape of all things.

It shouldn't happen period.

When it comes to men and women there are double standards at every turn(usually in the women's favor) and it's really shitty.

And I suppose if a little boy(or girl for that matter) were being raped or molested it wouldnt be any worse than a full grown man/woman being raped?

I agree this shouldnt happen, and I think sexual offenders deserve a sentence worse then 40 years, worse then life, worse than death; these men/women who rape/molest ANYONE are nothing but the scum on the lowest depth of the ocean floor. These people should be castrated, beaten, raped, then killed.
TWO WRONGS DO MAKE A RIGHT!

The End.:fing26:

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
You're logic is flawed, though in all fairness a common mistake people make in posing arguments. I DON'T NEED TO BE A VICTIM OF EITHER TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE BOTH WRONG AND THAT ONE IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER.

I've never been a victim of murder either. LOL. But I know that murder is wrong and indeed worse than most all other crimes. The most fundamental basis for judging the "badness" of a crime is looking at the damage it causes.

I will not "repent" of my P.C. heresy and deny the obvious. That is the very reason I used the Nazi example, because the thinking is actually very similar. The philosopher, David Hume, believed in common sense. He felt that obvious observations and general conclusions of the average person are usually correct. I didn't mean to attack you, but I'm simply tired of post-modern, irrational logic (or non-logic). This is an example where relativist "morality" has clear and dangerous consequences.

Once again, they are not equal. Everything in this world isn't always the same. Perhaps we can as a psychologist who suffers most as a rape victim. I wonder what her opinion. would be...

Peter Pud

1st Like
Media
Being a male person who has experianced being raped I know there is no help available to a male who has been victimized in this way. The ones who can afford to pay for the psychological assistance needed can't even get quality care because they are not educated to deal with a male who has been rapped. Then there is also the issues of demasculination. The riducule from other men who no longer view you as a real man because you couldn't defend yourself like a man should. there just is no way that the horrible experiance is equal for men and women. There is very much double standards for men and women this is one of those areas. A man who gets rapped is never going to live it down with other men who he once thought were his friends.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
(Sorry, I didn't see some of the follow-up posts and so I will address a couple things now)...

As for the "date rape" example, I'm actually glad that this issue was brought up. Date rape is NOT as bad as random, street rape (or whatever you want to call it). I don't condone date rape, and I empathise with the victims, but it is a perfect example of the idea of "degrees" of badness. I know that my assertion isn't in step with the polictical, agenda-driven "take back the night" crowd, but it's true none-the-less. And for the record, no I never did "register" my evil penis (inside joke for people who know the group).

As for my logic regarding why it is indeed worse for men than women, it's rather obvious, but I'll reiterate:

1) Men are protectors by nature (evolutionary fact). A man's pride is deeply rooted in being able to take care of himself in general, and physically in the specific.

2) Society (right or wrong) views male-rape as "dirtier" and even more "taboo." A man is conditioned his whole life to not even think about being raped. The idea is absurd to most men, and we aren't prepared to even fathom the very notion.

3) Forced anal sex is physically more brutal than forced vaginal sex. Both are terrible and traumatic, but anybody who knows human anatomy understands this truth.

4) A man is less likely to even admit to having been raped. (source- common freakn' sense. But feel free to ask for a "professional's" opinion if it makes you feel better.)

5) If the man is straight, he will likely suffer from a stigma of homosexuality, either overt or covert. Just as society often questions if a woman "asked for it," so too will many think the man is a closet homosexual. I know, I'm speaking as if being gay is a "bad" thing. Well, that's not the point. What matters is how he will be perceived, homophobic culture not being the issue at hand.

6) Much of male-female rape is violence/dominance driven. However, much of male-female "date rape" is indeed sexual. Again, I understand that certain groups will gasp and call me ignorant for marching out of step on this one, but most men will know that I'm correct in my distinction. Some rape actually is sexual despite what certain feminist groups would have you believe. And no, this doesn't imply the woman is "at fault."

7) Finally, I think that polls and psychologists will confirm the obvious conclusion. Personally, however, I don't think it's worth the time or energy to harp on redundancy. Obvious is obvious.

**Don't worry, my last post on this thread. LOL. I feel like my brain is losing years worth of training in logic, debate and philosophy by even having engaged in this "argument" **

I personally think getting pregnancy and STDs from rape the worst aspect. That might be due to already having terrible emotional scars.

(no, I haven't actually been 'raped' out of dreams, but I doubt i'd care about another loss in life as long as I lived through it)

Yeah, it might be worse for men who think they can defend themselves. But they don't have to father/abort no child either.

I've been both male and female in dreams (and before you criticize, my dreams are abnormally realistic and often supernaturally tied to actual reality)

And,.. being attacked... raped... felt far worse as a weak female girl, I just couldn't break free... I was helpless, being torn apart... but as a stronger male I at least had a chance to fight and often succeeded, or at least endure the abuse and hold together.

Maybe, as having male persona, the feeling of helplessness and weakness is far more terrible. But I reckon the rape event matters too... being gently raped while drugged out ain't exactly the "full experience".

4) A man is less likely to even admit to having been raped. (source- common freakn' sense. But feel free to ask for a "professional's" opinion if it makes you feel better.)
It's almost impossible to talk about. Sure, females support each other on this... but how does a male approach others with it?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being a male person who has experianced being raped I know there is no help available to a male who has been victimized in this way. The ones who can afford to pay for the psychological assistance needed can't even get quality care because they are not educated to deal with a male who has been rapped. Then there is also the issues of demasculination. The riducule from other men who no longer view you as a real man because you couldn't defend yourself like a man should. there just is no way that the horrible experiance is equal for men and women. There is very much double standards for men and women this is one of those areas. A man who gets rapped is never going to live it down with other men who he once thought were his friends.

I have known women who were sexually assaulted who have had the same things, they'd say, happen to them.

• Loss of friendsips
  • Feeling like less of a woman
  • Inadequate mental hygene assistance
  • people gossiping about you behind your back
  • Police not taking you seriously
  • Not being taken seriously because authorities felt you could have avoided the attack if you'd made different choices
  • Disease
  • Pregnancy
And every woman I know who was raped was also sodomized (except one who was threatened with sodomy "Next time, I'm going to fuck you in your ass." He whispered into her ear and then he spanked her.

I don't know any men who have admitted to being raped as adults. I'm positive it isn't any easier for a man than for a woman, but I definitely would not assume it is any harder.