Rapist Preys on Men in Houston Area

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Edward II. One of the Plantagenets, successors to, but not part of, the "Norman" dynasty (a couple of Williams, a Henry, and a Stephen). Edward II was the son of Patrick McGoohan in that Mel G. movie. The story varies, the star of the show usually being some sort of hot poker, either copper or iron - exactly which probably didn't make much difference to Edward.

I do loves my IIRCs. :biggrin1:

Thanks for the clarification. In the absence of any other historians on this thread, I'm going to pat myself on the back and say I was close. :smile:

Oh, and Vestigal? Way over the line. His act was wearing thin about 30 minutes after he explained it (and if you have to explain it, why bother with the act at all?).

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone who tries to break into my home better get his extreme unction beforehand. I have a mace (the spikey club, not the spray) and would not hesitate to use it.

And claiming that rape is more traumatic or less traumatic, based on gender, is just absolutely stupid. Although it has sexual overtones, rape is NOT a sexual act, it is an act of brutality and violence and humiliation.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, about a page ago, I admitted to being sexually assaulted. It was then totally trivialized, and only ONE person has commented on that. So, I guess my only conclusion from these reactions... It's NOT worse for a man, it's not even equal. It's ok, to diminish it when it happens to a man. And that diminishing is totally acceptable.
In short: It's OK to rape a man.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...Thank you for those who pointed out how much better rape is for women than it is for men, I have no realised how silly and pathetic I've been and am subsequently totally over it :rolleyes:
Obviously you missed my post above. It's MUCH better for men to be raped. So take your silliness elsewhere.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, about a page ago, I admitted to being sexually assaulted. It was then totally trivialized, and only ONE person has commented on that. So, I guess my only conclusion from these reactions... It's NOT worse for a man, it's not even equal. It's ok, to diminish it when it happens to a man. And that diminishing is totally acceptable.
In short: It's OK to rape a man.
Aw, novice, sorry you feel that your posts have been trivialized. I hope you didn't interpret my one post that way. I was just saying that whether the victim is male or female, old or young, and whether the rapist is male or female (rare, but it does occur), whether the rapist uses a penis or a broom handle, rape is a violent, brutal, humiliating crime, and the physical or emotional or psychological damage should never be trivialized.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
... can we not just agree that it should NEVER happen, to ANYONE and that each person male or female is equipped to deal with it differently so there can be no rule as to who suffers the most?
I think that WAS generally agreed on, after a point. But I feel almost as violated that the self-proclaimed troll is on the loose diminishing the act for ANYone.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
The sharing of the experiences of rape and sexual abuse requires bravery and a willingness to share in the hopes of helping others. To trivialize that is reprehensible. I would hope that V was just being V and was unaware of the impact of his words.

As for comparing which kind of rape is worse, I see no purpose in that. The circumstances and residual effects are different and equal only in their devastation. I know two women who were traumatized by being raped and one man who was raped before he had acknowledged his homosexuality even to himself. In all instances the psychological damage was horrendous. I couldn't begin to determine if any was more or less damaging. The only value I see to the premise of this thread is that it opens meaningful dialogue. IMO rapists and sexual predators are the lowest form of humanity, gay or straight.:mad:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...I would hope that V was just being V and was unaware of the impact of his words.
Because I respect you, I'd love to go along with this, but no, he knows exactly what he's doing, and he gloating about it. There was no unaware, or mistaken phrase, in his remarks.
In THIS link, he makes that clear! :mad::mad::mad:

...IMO rapists and sexual predators are the lowest form of humanity, gay or straight.:mad:
The trolls that trivialize it are yet a step lower, IMO.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought Vestigial might have revisited this thread by now and responded to my earlier comments and challenge to him. I saw that he was online about a couple of hours after the offending post.

So in fairness, I just sent a pm to Vestigial so he clearly has been notified that this should not stand unanswered. I asked him to respond in this thread.

I'll say it again. An apology and clarification is merited.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
The sharing of the experiences of rape and sexual abuse requires bravery and a willingness to share in the hopes of helping others. To trivialize that is reprehensible. I would hope that V was just being V and was unaware of the impact of his words.

At the risk of running off topic, I don't understand why you said the comment, V is just being V.

He has been here for 14 days. Is that enough time for us to just shake our heads at him, and chuckle as we used to with Spladle?

Novice, you have my deepest sympathy, as I hope you know.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I couldn't agree more...

Vestigial should either appologise or at least explain so that we know where this is coming from. Its hurtful, rude and very unpleasant to respond to anothers pain in such a way.

To be honest, Kotchanski, I would prefer he didn't say anything.

The chances are good we will get some sort of lengthy tale of hardlives, and an epid journey that has led him to where he is today. It will dance around the topic, but not have anything to do with an apology.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Few people realize quite how common male rape is. The most aggresive figures suspect that one in ten men will be raped at some point in their lifetime, but the reportings are about a tenth of that number.

Of course, those same estimates suggest that one in four women will be raped. These are also vastly underreported.

I am not among those who can agree that male rape is worse, however. Violation is violation. No human should be subjected to the pain, truama and post-traumatic stress of such a crime. No one's victimization can or should be rationalized away or even reduced. No one is helped by trying to fix a scale of violation. Neither male nor female victims are helped by this, and all are diminished by the very contemplation that any part of rape is "not so bad" or even "not as bad."

By the way, almost all victims of abuse of all sorts assume that they deserved some part of what happened to them, if for no other reason than that they were not careful enough or powerful enough to stop the violation. Helping them past "blaming the victim" is an important part of recovery. This is not a gendered phenomenon.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A support group is hardly a support group, when on a thread of this sensitive nature, trivialization and indifference poison the climate of security and respect that is presumed. Novice deserves more respect. He put himself out into deeply vulnerable territory to make his confession.

First, I know I'm simple, but could someone hand me their Vestigial-to-human decoder ring?
If I knew of such a ring I would attempt to wear it.., instead, I am forced to labor on it's creation.

Second, um, my first reaction should probably be "fuck off", but... "Battle scars"??? Nice trivialisation of my ordeal. When it happens to you, we'll talk, and see how much "pride" you have then.
I did not try to trivialise your ideal, you are not me and I respect that (I do not expect anything in return), I merely tried to exemplify mine. My ~pride~ is in my ability to survive. I have made it here. I have been through darkness and evils, marked in a way nobody has cared to hear of. My physical health is above and beyond now, but what lurks inside... eats me from within.

Was I sure of myself? Well, I'm pretty fucking sure I wasn't looking to get raped. And strong enough? Well, he was a FULL FOOT taller than me, and outweighted me by 120lbs of solid muscle. Wasn't too much of a fight to be had.
I was weaker then. I am stronger now. I have lost many battles between. I still have a future.

Vestigial said:
I am sorry he feels that way. I am often misunderstood, my thoughts move at such blinding pace I can barely capture them through word.

My own confessions were met with... the void. Nobody else understood. Nobody. And nobody comforted me but pain.

He is indeed courageous, far more than countless others. He should not feel maligned by this one anomaly in the world, who cannot express the immensity of his thoughts and feelings.
Me and pain go back a long way. Though I may lothe to part with such tried and trusted company, I do not wish to extend it onto you. Just relax.., ignore my incomprehensible words, allow others to understand you in a way you too understand.

There are plenty here who are capable of the support I feel you deserve, but cannot yet provide. Perhaps a clearer topic is preferable.., I will refrain from entering unless you bid it.

And the Apology...

I am sorry for sharing my pain.

It has alienated me. It may be the world around that thrust itself into me, but... it is mine now, a part of me. I struggle to control it, but it is still my pain that I gave.

Sorry.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
To be honest, Kotchanski, I would prefer he didn't say anything.

The chances are good we will get some sort of lengthy tale of hardlives, and an epid journey that has led him to where he is today. It will dance around the topic, but not have anything to do with an apology.
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner. You called it exactly.

VESTICLE MUST GO!!!