(Rapper) Asher Roth admits he's gay.

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
I don't think that article is necessarily legit either.

But maybe even more importantly let's all please consider stopping the use of the phrase, "admits he/she is gay".
The word "admit" today intentionally or not usually implies confessing to something bad.
Instead please consider perhaps saying it another way. For instance "he or she openly announced being gay today". Thanks.
:smile:

Last edited:

B_gaytrix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yeah, he's come out with a press release saying he's straight...

I hate to disappoint and take away the entertainment of it all but I am straight, not gay. It’s disheartening to know such “news” on someone’s personal life can be portrayed as fact with no viable source. This, to me, is an opportunity to expose our vulnerability to lies and manipulation through unprofessional and irresponsible news outlets, in which people consider TRUTH. Further, someone’s sexual orientation should NEVER be big news, as it delivers a troubling message to children that they can’t be themselves without fear of judgment. Race, creed, and sexual persuasion should not just be tolerated but understood and accepted. It’s extremely disappointing that this topic would be used with the intention of being hurtful. We are near 2010….2010!! Yet race, sex and religion still play a major role in a hate driven society. For the love of the future and humanity….let’s wake up.
I hate to disappoint and take away the entertainment of it all but I am straight, not gay. It’s disheartening to know such “news” on someone’s personal life can be portrayed as fact with no viable source. This, to me, is an opportunity to expose our vulnerability to lies and manipulation through unprofessional and irresponsible news outlets, in which people consider TRUTH. Further, someone’s sexual orientation should NEVER be big news, as it delivers a troubling message to children that they can’t be themselves without fear of judgment. Race, creed, and sexual persuasion should not just be tolerated but understood and accepted. It’s extremely disappointing that this topic would be used with the intention of being hurtful. We are near 2010….2010!! Yet race, sex and religion still play a major role in a hate driven society. For the love of the future and humanity….let’s wake up.

We are near 2010….2010!! Yet race, sex and religion still play a major role in a hate driven society. For the love of the future and humanity….let’s wake up.

Reminds me of Bette Davis in Jezebel, "This is 1852, dumplin', 1852!! -- not the dark ages! Girls don't have to simper around in white just because they're not married!"

Reminds me of Mary in Clare Booth Luce's The Women of 1936, "It's all right for you to talk of another generation, when women were chattels and did as men told them to, but this is today! Stephen and I are equals!"