Rash - Advice?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by erosforgotten, Jun 1, 2008.

1. erosforgotten

erosforgotten New Member

Long time lurker - hate that this is my first post...

I've had this "rash" in my groin area for a few years now, and only recently (five months ago) brought it up to a GP. I always chalked it up to a heat rash, as I sweat a lot.

At first, he said it was a yeast infection, gave me a pill and some cream - all did nothing. Fast forward to this week, when I see him, mention that I still have it - he looks at it again, very quickly, just like last time, and says something about the follicles (referring to folliculitis I assume), but on my paperwork has it down as balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO), and gives me an antibiotic to take for a little over a week.

I get home, and I do what people do these days and Google BXO, and it looks *nothing* like what I have going on, so it has me a bit flustered, irritated and whatnot. I'm circumcised, the rash has no relation to the head of my penis, blah blah blah.

Attached are a few pictures, wondering if anyone from here can possibly offer any suggestions...

If these antibiotics do nothing (which, they aren't yet, and I know they take time) then I am curious should I ask him to do cultures or whatever, or just give up on him and go to a dermatologists, or something? Any advice?

From what I've gathered, it's not contagious, doesn't spread by contact to anywhere else on my body, only slowly spread in the general area over the few years I have had it - just itches, especially more when I sweat, reddish, small 'blisters' (had pus come out of one or two before), and sometimes feels like there are knots under the skin, which go away.

Sorry for the grossness, but figured this was a good place to ask, which might offer helpful input.

P.S. Promise the good pics once I get this taken care of...look forward to contributing to an awesome site!

-Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. sexyblack149

sexyblack149 Member

I have that same thing!!! Mine is going away with rubbing alcohol and a pumice stone. I dont think its anything serious thank god

3. UncutAtlanta

UncutAtlanta Member

Albums:
    Probably jock itch. I used to get it because the shorts I wore were a poly blend. When I switched to all cotton (and changed after working out) the problem cleared up!

Hope this helps!

4. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you tried putting something like Lamasil (sp?) on it.. the jock itch/athlete's foot cream?

5. diana24

diana24 Member

Albums:
    the best way to take it off i think show be the cream antibiotics ( not tablets ) and baby powder to keep it dry watch out about the material of your clothing ( i will suggest the coton boxers) this usualy happent if your legs are a bit in (X) and your legs rub each other while you walk sorry for my english) ! hope this will help ( i am in training to be a nurse )

6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

keep discussing it with your doctor. he should answer your questions about diagnosis and treatment.

7. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't know if it would last a few years, but maybe the detergent you wash your clothes with? Or maybe you're body is allergic to your dick? (Just kidding) I hope you figure it out, whatever it is, and I look forward to finding out what it is.

...it likes like eczema, but I'm sure you thought of that already. (?)

#7 Jovial, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  8. erosforgotten

erosforgotten New Member

Hey all, thanks for the replies.

@UncutAtlanta, x704: No, I haven't tried any OTC creams yet. The doctor gave me something (Nystatin something or other) that I used, but never made any difference. After this course of antibiotics, I'll see about trying something for jock itch.

@Jovial: Not sure about detergent allergens, as I have washed my clothes/bedding/etc. in several kinds over the years, and it has always been persistent. I sure hope it's not an allergic reaction to my dick! :p

After I go to the doctor next week after finishing my current antibiotics, going to see about referring me to a dermatologist, or doing something more than just looking at it to see what it is.

Again, thanks for the input.

9. kofttuk

kofttuk Member

Dude. Thats eczema. I have had it most of my life. I usually get flare ups in the spring due to the increase in molds and pollen. After showering, rub cortisone cream on it and it should clear up. Also, chlorine will help. Put about 1/4 to 1/2 cups of bleach in your bathwater and soak for awhile, or go to your local pool and sit in the jacuzzi for a while. The doc or dematologist can also give you a script for it.

10. tyson24769

tyson24769 New Member

what you need to know if its bacterial or fungal.... after a skin scrape is done to answer that question then you know what to do to it...

11. B_spotted_duck

B_spotted_duck New Member

Forget your doctor-- see a dermatologist.

Draft saved Draft deleted