rash / embarrassed

artartart

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
A few days ago I noticed a shiny/stiff/red area on my scrotum, basically covering my left testicle. The skin is shriveled, stiff, shiny, and more red than usual. It barely itches at all really, probably because I don't mess with it, but feels like if I itched that it would get irritated. This is ONLY on my scrotum, although, it has spread to the right testicle as well (it's not so much on the sides of my balls toward my legs than it is toward the front/bottom under my penis, etc.) Penis doesn't seem to be affected at the moment. It almost seems to have happened over night. Now, I'm assuming it's from sweating and movement, but this has never happened to me before so I wanted to see if anybody has experienced this and what they did about it.

I am not sexually active right now, unfortunately, so I can only think of a few possibilities really. 1) I tend to sweat quite a bit and I walk a whole lot throughout the week during my commute, many times at high speeds … needless to say, moisture builds up regardless of weather conditions. 2) A combination of that and walking in the rain. Could this do something? I misplaced my umbrella and got fairly soaked a few times last week and remained damp for good portions of the day. 3) I recently got splashed by a public toilet, you know, some water came back up as I was doing my business. Grossed me out pretty good … can anything come from this? 4) Visiting friends/family and used some scented body wash. If I had a reaction, wouldn't it show up other places as well?

This is irritating and embarrassing. Have never had any problems like this before, and can't stand feeling dirty so I'm always cleaning up and keeping good hygiene. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
could be a fungal infection. get some anti-fungal spray or cream and put it on your balls at night before bed. In the am, after your shower, get everything dry down there and get some gold bold and powder down your balls and underwear. If it continues to spread, go to the doctor...

artartart

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Thanks for the replies. This is kind of what I'm assuming as well, but with jock itch it seemed like it was focused on the legs as well? Think I might grab some cream and powder but was hoping I wouldn't have to.

This will be the third evening I've noticed it, and the first time I've noticed peeling skin during the shower.

dcw4

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
go to your doctor and get some ointment..i had something like that, it was fungal,, sweat, not drying enough,, some what of a yeast infection~

artartart

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
could be a fungal infection. get some anti-fungal spray or cream and put it on your balls at night before bed. In the am, after your shower, get everything dry down there and get some gold bold and powder down your balls and underwear. If it continues to spread, go to the doctor...
First night/day of doing this and I can already see major improvements. The skin isn't nearly as red anymore and not nearly as stiff either. Seems to be moving back to normal already. Think I'll hold off on the doctor for now.