Rash on buttcheeks... help?

aye-jai

Experimental Member
Media
hey everyone, i dont post on here often and i dont know if this is the right section of the fourm to post this in ( if its incorrect and someone could move it to a better section that would be great) but here goes...

I'm a 23 year old male and just about 2 weeks ago I went on vacation to a local beach vacation spot about an hour away from my house in New York. While on vacation I used a new shower gell (provided by the hotel i was staying at) twice a day for four days and slept at this location one night as well as at one of my friends apartments for 2 nights.

A few days after I returned home I noticed what felt like a couple small ingrown hairs, or pimples, on the bottom on my left butt cheek where the cheek meets the upper thigh. I assumed it wasnt anything serious as I had shaved that entire area smooth before I went away and i figured between the shaving and spending 4 days on the beach it was probablly just irritated or perhaps it was, indeed, an ingrown hair. These couple (about 3) small spots did form a head like a pimple or ingrown hair, and popped on thier own from showering and the area being in general contact with clothing and underwear etc.

Then after a few more days i started noticing a small rash at the top on my butt crack where it meets the tailbone at the lower back. It felt like dry skin, or an irration from skin rubbing together etc. I looked into a few options and felt that it was something like "diaper rash" that babies get from sitting in a wet diaper, b/c that area does sweat through the day and it was right were the underwear waistband and tag would typically lay... so i went out to CVS and looked in the baby aisle and bought some A+D ointment thats used for diaper rash and applied it for 2 days. The rash seamed to decrease, and the few small spots on the bottom of the cheek were healing the way any pimple, boil, or ingrown hair would....

Then after 2 days of using the A+D ointment I've noticed a break out on my left butt cheek, now spreading on most of the cheek but not into the crack or around my anus. They are red and itchy welts, sort of like a bugbite or a rash, and less like a pimple or an ingrown hair. I looked into this and felt it could be something like "Jock Itch" thats normally more between the legs but can occur anywhere in the neither regions. So I went out and purchaced some Anti-fungal cream used for both athleats foot and Jock itch.

Now for the last 48 hours ive been showering twice a day washing that area extra well with my usual Orgaic Tea Tree and Mint body wash, and when I get out of the shower I've been drying the area well and applying the anti fungal cream (ive also been taking an anti-hystimine before bed to help combat the itchyness and also my seasonal allergies) The cream has helped with the itchy nature of the rash but it is still very present and after a few hours at work wearing clothes the itchyness does come back (although not as bad as without the anti-fungal cream)

I have also switched to wearing only cotton underwear since the symptoms started since i read that other fabrics can increase sweat production and irritate that area (I usally wear all different styles of underwear made from a bunch of different fabrics) and I have also changed the sheets on my bed. I dont think that its any sort of STD b/c it doesn't seam to match any of the symptoms and I havent exposed my self to any risky behavoir since my last test, and I also dont think its something like bed bugs b/c i only seam to have the irritation on one area of my body. (although once i start to get itchy from anything in life, sometimes my mind tends to manifest the symptoms and other parts of my body will start to seam itchy as well) I also dont think its chicken pox (although it fits some of the symptoms) b/c I had the vaccine as a child and also I would think chick pox would be spreading over more of the body

My question is, has anyone else ever had anythign similar to this, I'm not a person to make a mountain out of a mole-hill but now after about 4 or 5 days of this its not really going away... my next day off from work is tuesday so if its still present and not getting better by then I plan to see my family doctor.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful... Thanks a Bunch

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I would go to the doctor just to get it checked out, but most likely it's an allergic reaction to the shower gel or a bad rash from shaving. Tea tree oil can help and so can hydrocortizone cream, but the doctor is the best one to diagnose anything.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here's your choice, talk to a bunch of random perverts on the Internet, or go see a doctor.

Hint: psst...talk to your doctor.

D

deleted213967

Here's your choice, talk to a bunch of random perverts on the Internet, or go see a doctor.

Hint: psst...talk to your doctor.

pssst! Some perverts are doctors...and some doctors are pervert. :biggrin1:

aye-jai

Experimental Member
Media
well turns out it was worse than i though, its an outbreak of genital herpes... but on my butt cheeks. Its almost gone away now, but i had the blood test and it was confirmed. ive decided to not start Valtrex or any of that until i do some more research on it. For now they told me to keep it clean and dry and apply calamine lotion to stop any itching