Rat Poison Chinese Wheat - In our foodchain, too?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hopefully everyone has heard about the wet dog foods that were affected by the poisonous chinese Wheat gluten included in the dog foods.
Pet Food Recall Has Owners Worried, Menu Foods Produces "Cuts And Gravy" For More Than 40 Brands; Pets Suffer Kidney Failure - CBS News

Here's my question.

What percentage of this poisoned wheat gluten is used in Human foods?

I didn't know what wheat Gluten was...until I did some reading.
Prairie Grains Mar 99

So.... how much of this was put into foods we eat, and when is our fabulous government going to launch an investigation to find out how many of us have been poisoned, or affected by this?
I can't believe that big manufacturers of Ho Ho's and King Dongs wouldn't go for the cheapest source available (China) for their materials.

Or, do we just support more drug companies, and push more pills to fix what ails us?

Scary, huh?
C

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, this is a serious issue. But something that is MORE serious is the issue of antibiotics in the food chain. The effects of this are going to be catastrophic. This is deeply disturbing to me and many others.

In fact if you were to really investigate the contents of most processed food you would be alarmed. Not to mention the addition of Fluoride into the water, which is banned in many countries.

The list of silent killers is endless.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The amount of chlorine in most drinking water is higher than the level suggested for swimming. Don't believe me, test your tap water with a pool test kit. It will vary in different parts of the country, but very few people would scoop out a glass of water from the pool.

Prepackaged foods contain things we'd hesitate to feed our pets if we understood them, but fresh produce is grown in and processed with chemicals to lengthen shelf-life that are known to be harmful. "Organic" foods are a joke, the requirements for that esteemed label are nearly frivolous.

At the end of the day, I have to try to moderate. I use reasonable precautions to choose the foods I eat, which includes greatly reducing fast foods and processed fats. I eat more fresh and frozen veggies, but I have reasonable expectations that I'm eating things still that could harm me. I try to stay in reasonably good health, so that my body is reasonably capable of fighting off disease, and I lie my head down at night and sleep as deeply as I can.

Whether intentional, or the result of slopping manyfacturing processes, I don't consider the possibility of eating "infected" foods to be very shocking, I think it's bound to happen. I'll be waiting to hear it on the news, like everybody else.