Ratings

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Curious to those who vote in the galleries and grade dicks [and women's bits there], what criteria do you all use in order to come up with a score? I see a whole bunch of 10s, so I'm assuming everyone is satisfied. What aspects really do it for you? Which aspects of a picture weigh positively or negatively in coming up with your score and how much?

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think most of us just give an automatic 10 if we like a pic.It seems a bit petty to deduct a point or two if it's slightly out of focus or not lit as well as it could be.
If a photo is way too dark or just unappealing I don't leave negative comments or low scores,I just move on to the next photo.This is supposed to be a support group so criticising peoples very personal photos would be inappropriate.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think most of us just give an automatic 10 if we like a pic.It seems a bit petty to deduct a point or two if it's slightly out of focus or not lit as well as it could be.
If a photo is way too dark or just unappealing I don't leave negative comments or low scores,I just move on to the next photo.This is supposed to be a support group so criticising peoples very personal photos would be inappropriate.

Yeah, what he said. :smile:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is supposed to be a support group so criticising peoples very personal photos would be inappropriate.

If I leave a rating, I will only leave a 10.

The whole 'scoring' system does seem woefully out-of-place on a support site; this really isn't the place for rating people poorly because they don't match up to one's own preconceived notions of 'perfection' or 'desirability'. The comments people leave are what's really meaningful, anyway.

However, if anyone is foolish enough to leave a particularly piss-poor rating on any of my pictures, they will at least receive a PM from me, along the lines of the following one that I sent two days ago:

alex8 said:
I await your explanation for giving a "3" rating to one of my pictures with interest. What particularly displeases you about it? Are you simply a hater of foreskins?

Love and kisses,
@L€x.

If someone wants to rate a photo poorly, I at least expect them to be man (or woman) enough to state their reasoning for doing so. Generally, these non-posting n00bs with no galleries of their own (and they always fit this profile) simply retreat back under the stone they just came out from, though. :rolleyes:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The whole 'scoring' system does seem woefully out-of-place on a support site; this really isn't the place for rating people poorly because they don't match up to one's own preconceived notions of 'perfection' or 'desirability'. The comments people leave are what's really meaningful, anyway.
I've always thought the rating system should be removed for the reasons you've stated. Seems almost arbitrary on a support site to score cocks when it's more supportive to leave comments. In the end, numerical ratings mean nothing to me but I always leave a 10. When I post a comment, I want the poster to know why I took the time to admire them. And THAT'S why the galleries exist, IMO. If you don't like the pics, shut the fuck up and go elsewhere.
If someone wants to rate a photo poorly, I at least expect them to be man (or woman) enough to state their reasoning for doing so. Generally, these non-posting n00bs with no galleries of their own (and they always fit this profile) simply retreat back under the stone they just came out from, though. :rolleyes:
Had the poster in question accidentally posted a 1 not knowing how the rating system works that would be one issue (it's happened before) but a 3? Someone who pulls that shit usually has insecurity issues. Same thing if they leave nasty comments in the gallery or troll around the board giving out unasked for derogatory opnions. They're only happy while trying to make others miserable.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I leave a rating, I will only leave a 10.

I've always thought the rating system should be removed for the reasons you've stated. Seems almost arbitrary on a support site to score cocks when it's more supportive to leave comments. In the end, numerical ratings mean nothing to me but I always leave a 10. ...
Further, if I leave a comment, it is always a positive one. I appreciate the members who take the time to share THEIR photos and don't understand any asshole who would write negative comments towards people's pictures.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In neither this nor a similar recent thread has anyone posted a defense of the number rating system.

Too bad there's no mechanism for voting an apparently useless feature "off the island".

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I vote I always leave a 10, if I make a comment it's always positive, if I have nothing good to say about a photo I say nothing, it might not be to my taste but that's no reason to badmouth it.

i8all12inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If I like the pic I always leave a 10...... If I see the pic does not actually belong to the person...i.e. a "fake" then I rate it a one.....there are so many that have been photoshoped or belong to other individuals...so people can see that they are obviously not belonging to the person who is claiming them I rate them a "1"

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the words of Samuel Johnson: "He who praises everybody, praises nobody." In other words, a stack of 10s and only happy perky positive gushy wushy comments may make you feel all warm and tingley but it sure as hell ain't going to do you a damned bit of good when someone sees your body part live and has a less stunning review of it.

As long as there is a ratings system (for whatever reason) in place here, people have the right to assign whatever number they so choose. That said, I also believe the only persons who should be capable of posting comments on photos, or giving a rating should have photos of their own (although has been shown zillions--if not more--times, many clowns use photos which are not of their own body parts, which as I have indicated in the past is why I will not post a photo here--I trust nobody to not steal again).

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Giving only tens isn't quite the same as praising everybody. Only one of my 10 ratings is currently in the gallery. I think I've given three altogether. Even Dr. Johnson might approve.

Hell, even Ambrose Bierce might approve.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Giving only tens isn't quite the same as praising everybody. Only one of my 10 ratings is currently in the gallery. I think I've given three altogether. Even Dr. Johnson might approve.

Hell, even Ambrose Bierce might approve.
Actually only doling out 10s and leaving nice comments IS praising everybody. There are a few who have stated they will only leave a 10--seems that is setting people up for a good hard fall.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I only leave nice comments and a 10 rating, but then I wouldn't comment on a pic if I deemed it anything less than a 10.

I've found out myself, that the gallery is purely an ego massager, whether the comments are true or not. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing :)

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually only doling out 10s and leaving nice comments IS praising everybody. There are a few who have stated they will only leave a 10--seems that is setting people up for a good hard fall.

But I missed where they said they leave 10s for everybody.

I only give a 10 if I think a photo merits a comment (and not necessarily a nice comment - sometimes a mildly cryptic one). This is not to imply that any photo on which I don't comment should be understood to be worth only a 1 (or 0) rating, if only because I haven't even looked at more than a tiny portion of the gallery.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Well, not if you only leave 10s on photos that you really feel warrant them.

I rarely go into the gallery anymore, but on the rare occasion that I leave a rating and comment at all, I only rate the ones I really like. I see no reason to insult someone who is just not my taste.

I used to leave negatives on photos that had taglines like "Here's my 15'' cock, is it big enough?" but I ignore even those anymore. What I really hate is people who beg for comments- if I WANT to leave one, I will. If I have not, I either haven't seen the pics or didn't feel moved to comment.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also only leave ratings on photos I really like so a 10 isn't indiscriminate praise. If someone asks me to rate their photos I never do it, if I liked their photo enough to want to leave a comment I would have already done so. I tend to leave comments rather than scores, I've never seen much point to scores or comparisons, and on some sites I've seen people leave 0's for people not based on the photo but based on personal dislike.