Razor Review

Leafhound: I just tried the Gillette Sensor 3 disposable, and was very impressed. I beleive it has the exact same triple blade as the Mach 3 Turbo just using the Sensor handle design. I could never get used to the Mach 3 design although the triple blade was great. I'm switching to the Sensor 3 for now, although I'd like to try the Schick Quattro soon.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
You're right about the Sensor 3, Leafhound. I've been using it when away from home since I've lost so many Mach 3 Turbos when I take them with me out of town.

The Sensor 3 is lighter to handle since it is plastic so it doesn't have the heft of the Turbo, and the head doesn't change angles as easily as its more expensive brother, but it gives a great shave for the price.

Pecker

(HEADLINE: Teacher Strikes Idle Kids)

buddy43610: i've tried many different methods of hair removal and find the mach 3 turbo the best. too bad it wasn't invented a lot sooner. i might not have the little scars from getting nicked! i too was contemplating buying the quatro, but glad i didn't. i have never had good results on my face or crotch using shick products. buddy

TechnoTed: Thought I would let you know that I have used the same blade on my Mach 3 Turbo for 8 weeks; and that's shaving my face and neck with and against the grain daily and my body (chest, stomach, crotch) 3 times weekly. (Unbelievable I know; that's why I am writing). :) I have at least 6 new replacement blades but I see no reason to change until shaves are not smooth anymore or I finally get a nick, scrape or razor burn. When I used to use Shick triple blades (and worse; Bic) I would toss 'em in a couple of days.
And even the brand new ones would scrape and nick me. :'( So that's why I am so impressed and love the Mach 3 Turbo. :-*

ORCABOMBER: Yeah, they do tend to last, don't they? Gillette know what they're doing, not to mention in the UK, replacement blades are so expensive!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Gillette seems to have mastered getting the blades set just right. Not long ago a comfortable Gillette blade was found maybe once in an entire pack, but these days the Mach III Turbo is right on the money.

Remember, though, they are in the business of selling razors. Soon there will be a 'New Improved' model or another 'Revolution' in shaving to get us to part with our $.

cinnimoneyes: Thanks guys for the info. I use men razors insted of womens becausae I feel that I get a better shave with it. Lokks like I will be buying a Mach III.

Now to take you on a slight diversion. Have any of you guys (sorry girls) use hair removing creams and if so what where your exsperiances? Likes/dislikes?

TechnoTed: I suggest you try the Mach 3 Turbo before using any of those hair removing creams. I never got around to trying those creams because many complained of burning sensations or rashes, itching, etc., especially if used on the face. (Not recommended by producers anyway).
I used to simply pluck pubic hair; (it lasts the longest time but is time consuming), tried waxing (didn't work at all) then started shaving. However, I would get small cuts and scrapes from shaving and was considering giving the creams a try when I got the Mach 3 Turbo. It is so smooth and super-fast. (BTW: All of my shaving is in the shower, even my face. I don't need a mirror; just feel with my fingertips). You know, I think I would have to TRY to cut myself with a Mach 3, and I shave from my face (daily) to my tailbone (yes, even between my cheeks monthly). Genitalia about every 3 days. I shave my wife's genitalia too and love the smooth, hairless feel during our foreplay, especially with lube (the best is ID Millennium; lasts plenty long enough to get love-juices going...)
The blades seem to last forever. As a test, I have used the same blade for, get this; 2 months even though I have a dozen replacement blades. I changed blades today just to see if there was much difference. Although the new blade was a little smoother and even faster, it may be due to the built-in shaving gel. So don't throw a blade away just because you've used it once or twice, that's a waste of money. (Wow; I should be a Gillette salesman, maybe...) :) Good Times.
TT

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=Pecker link=board=health;num=1066108991;start=20#26 date=12/05/03 at 04:46:55]Gillette seems to have mastered getting the blades set just right.  Not long ago a comfortable Gillette blade was found maybe once in an entire pack, but these days the Mach III Turbo is right on the money.

Remember, though, they are in the business of selling razors.  Soon there will be a 'New Improved' model or another 'Revolution' in shaving to get us to part with our $.

[/quote]

Well, it's happened. I found an article in the Business Section of Friday's Richmond Times-Dispatch that talks about the soon-to-be-released Gillette M3Power system.

It looks like a Mach3Turbo with a fat handle because the handle holds a Duracell battery! Gillette says the "electric green" handle sends electric pulses to the 3-blade cartridge to make hairs stand on end.

Well if the battery doesn't do it, $14.99 for the shaver and $10.99 for 4 blades will make my hair stand on end!

novmode: I love the mach III, but i tried the quattro the other day on my face and genitals. I didn't like the shave i got on my face, it left my skin feeling very irritated. But the shave on my cock and balls felt a lot better than the mach III did. it felt closer, no nics or irritation. I guess maybee it depends on skin/hair types?

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=Pecker link=board=health;num=1066108991;start=20#29 date=01/18/04 at 14:56:28]

Well, it's happened. I found an article in the Business Section of Friday's Richmond Times-Dispatch that talks about the soon-to-be-released Gillette M3Power system.

It looks like a Mach3Turbo with a fat handle because the handle holds a Duracell battery! Gillette says the "electric green" handle sends electric pulses to the 3-blade cartridge to make hairs stand on end.

Well if the battery doesn't do it, $14.99 for the shaver and $10.99 for 4 blades will make my hair stand on end!
[/quote]
That's what I really hate about thise blades, the cost!