Re: Endowed  but not proud (or even interested)

Steve26: Hi, Alan -- I suspect even the biggest guys don't think about their endowment 24/7. Most of the time I'm not particularly conscious of it. (Then again, I'm no longer 17 and springing hard-to-hide boners for no apparent reason -- THAT's when my cock was never far from my mind!)

It's possible that the guy you saw may be truly indifferent -- but then again, a train station isn't exactly an erotic setting or a place that'll make a guy focus on his dick. Maybe he just had other things on his mind. All of us have moments when we're just bored or spaced out.

I'm kinda curious, though ... how exactly would you have expected this hung guy to behave? By doing a strip-tease on the train?? ;)

Steve

Icarus213: I get what you're saying, though. You can sort of tell (especially when you yourself think about it a lot) the kind of attitude a guy has about his endowment, just by the way he wears it, walks with it, etc. This isn't always true, but it often can be.

To answer the original question, I know a few guys who fit that description. In each case they either don't have a high sex drive, or focus more on the opposite sex and what they are interested in rather than their own attributes. One guy I know is almost a little chauvanistic in his disregard for what he can offer his partners, focusing instead on what he wants to see in a woman and little else. His own large penis doesn't make any difference to him other than the pleasure he gets out of sex, independent of size. It's sort of a waste, in my opinion. He could probably get more pleasure pleasing his partner with his size than ignoring his role in sex. But that is sort of another post... Good question!

fitdude: I think about sex all the time but not about my dik itself (or its size). My b/f, younger than I, thinks about sex AND his dik all the time. And he's usually somewhat or all the way stiff. It doesn't get in the way, somehow?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My cock is attached to me like my nose and my ears. It's a body part, and like my nose and my ears, I don't focus on it all the time. What do you want me to do ... paint arrows all over my clothes pointing to it? Most of the time, I'm not even aware of my cock unless it gives me reason to. At work, well yeah, I have to be aware of it ... even flaunt it ... but in my daily life it's a body part like any other body part. You give it care and hygeine, a pat on the head, and go about your business. I have more important things to think about than letting everyone know that I'm satisfied with my big-schlongedness. It's not that important.

Reactions: TimWalksFunny

H8Monga: HAHA Dr. Whopper... arrows... the newest fashion!

kyle: My boyfriend is just such a person. To him, it is an encumbrance. I totally understand it. He's a shower AND a grower, and because he's naturally thin he has to pack his dick away to keep it under control.

So too bad for him that he has to deal with it, but good for him that he has me who enjoys it.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=Alan7 link=board=clothing;num=1050181517;start=0#0 date=04/12/03 at 14:05:17]

"...Do you sometimes see a guy who obviously has a huge package yet something about him tells you he isn't interested in it.  It's just attached to him like his nose or ears; maybe the clear bulge is an embarrassment.

... I saw an early 20's guy, tall and skinny, packing at least seven inches hanging softly down the right thigh of his jeans, either wearing boxers or free.  He seemed quite unaware of the great package he was carrying; perhaps he even found it an encumbrance.  As it happened ... sitting down he showed no bulge at all..."

[/quote]

Alan,

I chose the portions of your post deliberately to note that I somewhat match that description of the guy you described (except I'm older) and I found it interesting that he too "doesn't show a bulge when sitting".

...Neither do I many times.

Seems strange, that being the case (?)

But, thats neither "here nor there" I suppose.

Sometimes, I tend to ignore or even forget (?) that I am
(apparently) quite revealing down the leg when I walk, pretty much no matter what kind of pants or jeans I choose.

Maybe I do take it all for granted. In earlier threads and posts, I was made aware how I had become so accustomed to the "weight of it all" and the "swing" and so on and so forth. It's such a part of me that I tend to not even think about it (constantly) like many other guys feel that I should (?)

Sure. I'm conscious of it "being there" a good bit of the time. I can't and I won't deny that. (No one would believe me if I did!)

Alan, I really don't know. I think there are an awful lot of men (who are endowed) who really don't WANT alot of undue attention. I suppose I am one of them.

But, don't hold that against us, friend.

And, I (for one) am learning here not to hold it against those who notice, admire, wish for, agonize over,--whatever, although admittedly, I still feel quite a bit uncomfortable when other guys hint, insinuate, or
otherwise make comments...puts me "on edge" somehow.

I find it's those reactions that are embarrassing to me and NOT necessarily my size.

I'm certainly not ashamed of my size... far from it. ;)

But, I don't want that part of "me" to dominate what others think of me (or remember me for.) And, as I have declared in previous posts, that's true for the women in my life, too.

There will no doubt be others to follow me in yet other comments who will say they LOVE all the attention and the "idolizing".

That's them and not me.

And...that's okay, too.

As men, none of us can help how we're made or "how big it is".

Afterall, we ARE individual human beings.

And, we're not all going to be the same in our attitudes about being "hung".

sammygirly: Actually, I was wondering the same thing when I read the original post...

How are proudly endowed men supposed to behave in public?

Oh yum @ the arrows, add flashing lights and sequins though so women and fags alike will be drawn....we all know men ignore signs such as one-way street arrows and speed limits...If you wanna be seen have to make it flashy.

Nony! Yet another marketing idea for the women's auxillary...Penis Pointers!

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Alan7 link=board=clothing;num=1050181517;start=0#0 date=04/12/03 at 14:05:17] At Paddington station in London UK I saw an early-20's guy, tall and skinny, packing at least seven inches hanging softly down the right thigh of his jeans, either wearing boxers or free.  He seemed quite unaware of the great package he was carrying; perhaps he even found it an encumbrance.  [/quote]

He was probably focusing on catching his train ... or, unless things at Paddington have changed a lot since I was last there, trying to find out which platform he needed to be on. No mean feat in itself.

Probably, if he was seven inches soft, there is no way he could ever be totally unaware of it. The weight and the bulk will always be there in the background. But even the most well-endowed men have to get on with the practicalities like catching trains.

H8Monga: Speaking of Paddington.. Paddington Bear was hung according to MadTV...and he liked to flash. He was proud! :D

I know I know...

Reactions: tominrichmond

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, i know someone like this.
He is one of my closest friends, and
only after many years did it finally
get told....he is hung really big (10 and a half inches...confirmed by
a former lover of his).

He has a very low sex drive,
and is...not ashamed of his endowment, but
certainly doesnt care one way or the other about
it.  I can honestly say that he would
trade it for any size, bigger or smaller...he
just doesnt care.

He once said that he sometimes wished he
was much smaller.
i dont hear that too often,
but i believe him.

Finnmark: Yeah, I love the "arrows"! Now that's real style ... I dare you, somebody! And Benderton's post ... typically always well worth reading, if I can say so - and no empty flattery intended!
For me, this topic touches on a sensitive spot, so to speak. I am not 'proud' at all, but I've always been 'conscious': of 'looks' in the days of tight jeans (given these up anyway - damned uncomfortable), but always the sense of it 'being there' with a kind of life of its own. I can't say that I don't like that. But I want there to be more to me than that, in my own mind and in the minds of others. It was once said to me that "the best thing about me was the size of my dick". I really wasn't pleased, though I think it was intended as a compliment!.
Sure, if you're catching a train, you're catching a train, not dick-dreaming. But once on the train ... how many times have I taken a walk to find a little privacy (and relief from monotony) in the toilet.

Slingshot: I tend to think I'm more conscious of my dick throughout the day than I would be if it were smaller, through the sheer interaction of it with clothing, needing to adjust it when sitting down, etc. Since an embarrassing public incident where it just worked itself into a "prominent display" (completely unbeknownst to me), I tend to check myself out every now and again to make sure I'm not showing too badly. But you can't think about it all the time, it's just not possible.

Hey, regarding clothes with arrows on them, I remember once trying on a pair of three-quarter pants. I looked at myself in the change-room mirror and just laughed - whether it was the cut of those pants, or three-quarter pants in general, I may as well have been wearing four huge arrows "Big Cock This Way!" Anyone else have this experience? And no, I didn't buy the pants!

AnonyMs: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=clothing;num=1050181517;start=0#8 date=04/13/03 at 08:07:50]Nony! Yet another marketing idea for the women's auxillary...Penis Pointers![/quote]Great idea, sammygirly... how some glow in the dark ones? ? ? ? They will be particular helpful for people like me who fail to see obvious bulges (still checking into flights to NO, DMW!)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=clothing;num=1050181517;start=12#14 date=04/18/03 at 18:16:23]
Great idea, sammygirly...  how some glow in the dark ones? ? ? ? [/quote]

Oh, c'mon, girlfriend ... you might as well go all out. Neon tubes might be too heavy, but how about arrows formed out of LED lights? They can be powered by small AAA battery packs that clip to the belt!

surveys66: I hate to break this to you, but, not every guy considers his genetalia to be his greatest acheievement. :)

huge_cock_have_pic: "my greatest achievement is not my genetalia, it is what I can do with it!" :D

petite_girl: hehe, how about a bulge-watching class? I can't even seem to figure out how to check out someone's bulge without being obvious about it. ???

Even when I am able to sneak a peek, I can't tell whether a guy is hung or not.... maybe it's better this way.. :D

feared: sneak-peek 101;

when sneaking a peek at someone's more obvious attributes (breasts, bulge etc.), look quickly. if you turn your head to the right, focus on them momentarily and then keep looking further to the right, so its like you're looking at someone else. also, dark glasses are quite helpful.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=feared link=board=clothing;num=1050181517;start=0#18 date=10/15/03 at 00:48:46]sneak-peek 101;
when sneaking a peek at someone's more obvious attributes (breasts, bulge etc.), look quickly. if you turn your head to the right, focus on them momentarily and then keep looking further to the right, so its like you're looking at someone else. also, dark glasses are quite helpful.
[/quote]

Iy ou ever watch me, you might notice that a lot of people look behind themselves when they walk towards me!
;D