1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest male members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Re: Meanings of Moderator Actions

Discussion in 'Announcements, Questions, Sharing Ideas' started by Patchos, May 23, 2010.

1. Patchos

Patchos Well-Known Member

Could it be clarified how things work for people me who have been banned temporarily? The next time will be permanent, right? Can one get a clean slate by way of good behaviour or am I always under the threat of being permanently banned for any little upset? Thanks.

2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. Patchos

Can you confirm that with a moderator for me?

4. JF

JF
    Gold Member

I'll use a couple of examples to illustrate the process :

If a user receives a temporary ban for removal of their verification picture, the slate is wiped clean only as far as verification pictures are concerned when that ban has been served. If they also had a heads up for spamming, that would still stand.

If a user receives a temporary ban for harassment of another member, that ban would be considered if they were to continue harassing (the same or different) members when they return from the ban, and the next step would be a permanent ban.

However, for all penalties (including temporary bans), if the user receives the penalty and becomes a model member then, in time, the penalty will expire and will no longer be considered if action needs to be taken against the user. There is no set period for expiration of the penalty - it is determined on a case-by-case basis considering the member's actions here since the penalty was issued.

5. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wait a minute... You "mean" that there are actual "meanings" here?...

That is so "mean"!

#5 ActionBuddy, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator

I know what you meant.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator

The moderating system is not set up as automatic, Patchie. Each situation is discussed on a case-by-case basis. As JF pointed out, if a member who has received a citation goes for a long time without further problems then that will be taken into consideration, while another member who is frequently reported will get a much shorter leash. When any of the moderators feel they are too personally involved, they tell the others and may even recuse themselves so things stay on an even keel. The gravity of an offense will also be taken into consideration. It may require only a heads up and may follow the steps through to warning, temp ban then perm ban. Or it may require a skipping of steps and go straight to perm ban.

The thing to remember is that the ToS are not looked upon as Law, but rather as a guideline.

8. 798686

798686 Guest

You shamelessly nicked that off Pirates of the Caribbean, didn't ya? :wink::biggrin1:

9. nudeyorker

nudeyorker Well-Known Member

No I think they shamelessly pinched it from us!

10. 798686

798686 Guest

Ohh, I see. :wink:

11. Patchos

I have another question:

I've seen some people temp banned from the Politics forum. Does this mean one can be banned just from the forum they participate in the most/got into trouble in, or does this only apply to the politics forum? If so, why?

Thanks.

12. StrictlyAvg

StrictlyAvg Well-Known Member

Having just dipped back into LPSG it seems that yes, the politics forum is a special case. Posters who are seen as valued contributors to the site elsewhere but can "lose it" a bit in the heated politics section from time to time get a time-out for a week.
    See Aconitum's sticky in the politics forum http://www.lpsg.org/182651-the-politics-forum-is-changing.html

13. nudeyorker

nudeyorker Well-Known Member

Thus far it has only been applied to the Politics Forum and Chat. That is not to say that in the future a member may find themselves banned from another venue on the site; so far it has not been applicable.

14. Patchos

Hmm, I'm wondering why being disruptive in the politics forum is different to being disruptive elsewhere? Is it just for being disruptive, or harassment, or both?

Thanks.

15. JF

JF
    Gold Member

It isn't any different - disruptive is disruptive.

However, Aconitum said it best here :

There was never a separate 'anything-goes' policy in Politics, but certain behaviour became the norm - this is now being discouraged. The forum bans are a way to deal with this since the posters do not exhibit the same behaviour in other forums.

As Nudeyorker said, forum bans may become more widely used if they offer an appropriate way of dealing with issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted
    Legal Links
    2257 - DMCA - Subpoena Policy - Privacy Policy
    LPSG Charges Appear as Unit 4 Media or Grizzly Empire
    LPSG.com is a site owned and operated by Gamma Entertainment Inc.,
    Gamma Billing Inc. and its subsidiary Digigamma B.V., Mariettahof 25, Haarlem, Netherlands.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice