Re: Pluses and Minuses

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by D_Martin van Burden, Jan 11, 2003.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Wow, this is a really loaded question.

My 9.5er is big, but there are men much more endowed than me here, so I'll just narrate from my experiences.

Pluses:
    There's no getting around it. When you're big, it gets attention not only in the bedroom but also in the locker room, in the gym, among friends, and so on. People notice and draw attention to it. When I was still in college, I had quite the semester of wild parties on my way out, and my dick earned me a bit of a reputation. And, truth be told, I guess people look at me and see a studious, bordering on nerdy, college philosopher who's really opinionated, loud, and all that. I don't think people would look at me and expect a big dick; when I started whipping it out and making it public, people really saw me in a different light. Granted, I didn't have women come knocking at all hours (small private liberal arts school, lots of small-town folks who are a bit on the shy side), but when people started calling me "Niner," it was cool.

Oh, and hell, I like playing with it. Being big gives you more to hold onto and, well, it's just intrinsically fun.

Minuses:
    I've had my fair share of sexual difficulties. I have yet to meet a woman who could handle my dick well. I consider myself a pretty understanding and patient lover, but if girls are freaked from the very start, it's a bit frustrating trying to calm them down and to make them realize that my goal isn't to get deep-throated. (Yeah, that's another confusion: the expectation to get the whole thing swallowed. I know I couldn't do it.) So, yeah, intercourse has its difficulties and I can't remember getting too many blowjobs that left me impressed and satisfied.

Pride or Prejudice?
    I am proud of it. I am pretty secure with who I am and my appearance; I'm not really in want for huge muscles or studly facial features or anything like that. I think I'm liked and respected well enough, and so long as I'm still a funny guy who makes everyone laugh, I'm pleased. But I won't deny my like for my big dick; I get enough appreciation out of it on my own, and I like the positive reinforcement (read: "Damn, you're huge, dude!").

I don't flaunt it, though. I wait tables and an apron usually keeps attention away from the meat. And even when I'm kickin' it with my friends, I don't dress in any specific way to advertise. My policy: if my dick is that much of a topic, I'll just pull it out and show it that way.

I deal with the same NRB (No Reason Boner) frustrations every guy deals with, and will do my best to cover it up if it starts snaking out of control.

That's about it.

2. Imported

Gold Member

GsBanana: ;D Pluses:
    Its fun being big and it has always been great for my ego & confidence. The first time a girlfriend saw my asset (9th grade) and said, "Oh my God!," I knew I had something special. She told her friends and being known for my size was definitely fun. In high school and college, most of my good buddies knew my size and called me things like Tripod, usually in front of girls at parties or get together (after everyone had a few drinks). Occasionally, I would have girls (not girlfriends) ask me to show it to them and I loved their reactions when I did. Since I am not a tall guy (5'8"), it seems to be that much more of a surprise. So many of the girls I dated knew about my size before we got together. Although flattering, I never felt a girl dated me just for my size.

I don't know if this is related or not to my penis size(I'm not a doctor), but I have powerful long distance orgasms (3-5ft). This definitely impresses my sexual partners.

:-[: minueses
    At times, I am too big for my sexual partners. And even if I am not, I definitely have to start slow and let the girl loosen up. I injured the cervix of my wife and it took several months for her to heal.

My penis size has definitely gone to my head and sexual attitude (sexaholic). I probably enjoy talking about it too much (hence LPSG, my pics on ratearod.com, etc) and getting attention for it. We are swingers, and although penis size should have nothing to do with it, somehow I think my sharing attitude might come from my love of showing off my asset.

3. benderten2001

Gold Member

The first two replies are great and sum up a lot of the pluses and minuses...can't really add much to what's been said.

I find an endowed man's attitude to be interesting...it varies from man to man. I believe there is always going to be that deep inner sense of "pride and advantage" over being above (or well-above) average size.

However, some guys seem to exude an "aura" of (often unappreciated and intimidating) pride and can use it to hurt others---other men around them, girlfriends, wives, etc., almost a form of exploitation. That' s when it gets sad.

Others, (I like to think of myself here) are proud of their size, sure-- but carry themselves "low-key" almost non-chalant about it all and, instead, convey a pride for WHO they are and NOT what they are packing. Between the two types of attitudinal behavior, there truly is a difference, and I believe sooner or later-- the true "inner" person is always revealed.

4. Max

Max New Member

Can't add much to what has been said already. But of course the whole of this site is pretty good evidence of the pluses and the minuses. I agree 100% with benderten that well hung guys can vary a great deal in their attitude.

We can't choose our size, although penis enlargement can clearly help some guys. But in a fantasy world, where you could choose, what would be the ideal?

This is a guess (but it's guided by my own experience and by reading posts here):

Up to about 8 inches, with a corresponding girth, it has to be pretty well all plus. Lots of kudos, plenty to work with and to feel good about.

Beyond that, and I think increasingly so the more exceptional your size is, there are bound to be downsides. You need more care, more caution and restraint, and your size will affect you just in day to day life. You need to make the sort of allowances maybe average guys wouldn't realise. There can be a lot of frustration, to say the least.

It can still feel great, and in the end I have to say the pluses win out easily. The acid test I suppose: Would I trade it in? No way.

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Plusses:
      + It got me my job.
      + In my promiscuous days it got me laid more.
      + I'm easy to identify in the locker room.

Minuses:
      - It's harder to find clothes that fit.
      - The toilet bowl on a cold day!
      - People think hung = dumb.
      - "You're not sticking that thing in me!"
      - Some people tend to think of me as a dude with a big cock and ignore my other qualities.

About being proud: I'm not proud of my cock nor am I ashamed of it. I'm proud of my accomplishments, not of an accident of nature. I had nothing to do with 'achieving' big-schlongedness ... it just happened. I view it like winning the lottery. I'd enjoy winning the lottery, but I wouldn't be proud of it ... it's just the luck of the draw. (But for the record, I'm glad that I have party size portion! Not proud, but glad!)

6. Imported

Gold Member

pokjbv: Well said all, especially DMW's comment about the toilet, the ones with a low rise above the high tide line can be a rude and disgusting shock if you forget to hold it up.

For me it is not a simple arithmetical plus and minus issue as it is a complex geometry, discrete math even. I originally came here because I have wanted to know why size mattered so much since the first time I was noticed for size, and to see some pretty awsome dicks. I have always heard that size did not matter and I know better, it is a core issue in our society and you can always tell how important a subject is by the level of taboo placed on it. That is why there are 10,000 websites dedicated to selling using big cocks, and only this one for seriously discussing it.

I suppose the greatest part about having a larger than average penis is that you have the security of knowing you do not have to deal with the small dick syndrome (SDS) and we have all met men that compensate in destructive ways.

To sum it up, the plusses are numerous and mostly obvious, the minuses can be dealt with, for instance getting caught in a zipper is more likely with a big one, but I switched over to button fly and no longer have that problem.

Good luck in your search to get larger, if you find a way to do it safely let us know, men have sought this since prehistory and are still looking, even we plus size boys. I hope you find the site as entertaining and intelligent as I have, some of the guys (and gals) are pretty sharp!

Draft saved Draft deleted