Reacting to Comments

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GottaBigOne, Feb 10, 2004.

1. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    From time to time I get comments on my size from the people who have seen it or know how big I am.
    Whenever this happens I usually just kinda ignore that anything was said unless someone asks me a question about it. I don't know if its modesty or just my shyness. I can openly talk about my dick on the internet but in actual life I have a hard time feeling comfortable when the discussion turn to my endowment.
    How do you guys react/deal with what people say aboiut your piece?
    Is it ever inappropriate?

2. Imported

Gold Member

ceg1526: There are plenty of situations where it is inappropriate to comment on dick-size, and there are plenty of people that believe they have the right to know everything. An equivalent question is "How much money do you make?" You either ignore these people, or give non-answers.

If I'm in the lockerrroom where I'm expected to be nude, and a guy comments on me, I say "Thanks," and turn away to end the conversation (If they ask how big it gets, I say "Bigger" - one word answers work wonders). My Mom always taught me to be polite. It's like the elephant in the middle of the room - it's there, we all know it's there, but we don't have to talk about it all the time.

Take care

Ceg

3. Imported

Gold Member

hung: Very well stated CEG. It is just like a room full of females. Do they always talk about the size of their breast. No. They are there. Again, well stated CEG.

4. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

"Bigger" might end the conversation, ceg, but if it's asked by someone I find interesting I have said "you wanna measure it?" I've had a couple to take me up on the offer. Phallus Prospecting I call it. ;)

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

If I'm in a nude situation like a lockerroom, showerroom or sauna and somebody compliments my package I'll just quietly return the compliment.  Nothing makes a guy feel better than to have an endowed man tell him he looks good as well.

If, on the other hand, somebody makes a remark about my bulge(s) I'll think of something funny to say, such as:

Guy: "Damn, man, you're hangin' low."

Me: "Yeah, it is kind of cold today."

Pecker

Did you hear about the fire at he circus today?  I hear the heat was intense.

6. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: :D

7. fourtwenty

fourtwenty Member

[quote author=Pecker link=board=meetgreet;num=1076442519;start=0#4 date=02/10/04 at 15:52:51]

If, on the other hand, somebody makes a remark about my bulge(s) I'll think of something funny to say, such as:

Guy:  "Damn, man, you're hangin' low."

Me:   "Yeah, it is kind of cold today."

Pecker

[/quote]

lol pecker :D i'll have to use that one sometime.

8. Imported

Gold Member

rangersean: I've always felt it was inappropriate in any situation where, if there were a well endowed woman present, it would be inappropriate to comment on that.

What's truly horrid though, is when something is said by a child. Yikes!!!

9. Imported

Gold Member

meathose10: I act dumb - like I'm not sure what they mean. Of course I baited them to begin with , lol.....Or I grin and act shy about the truth I can't hide. But I DO hate that "How big does it get?"bullshit. Thanks for the perfect response , ceq. I get antagonistic around that question. Have said shit like "You'd gag with it half way down your throat." or "Reach in my pants and work that fucker up for me." And of course "Kiss it!" will stop the bullshi real fast.It's great to be admired for having huge size, and it's true that "nothing makes a guy feel better than to have an endowed man tell him he looks good as well"like Pecker says. Male bonding is great - but those agressives dudes that demand you PROVE something burn my ass.

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't mind the questioning, as long as as it remains on somewhat of an intelligent level, then I take major offense. It's the assholes who like to do a sotto voce when I'm within earshot that really irk me. Inp articular if they're significantly smaller than me.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've broken that  up with just straightening their asses out, verbally that is. The women on the other hand, I guess I can't really blame them for talking amongst  themselves, since their curiosity is one of simple puzzlement over accomodation, and that's fine.

11. Imported

Gold Member

pghcyclist: Lately the women in the office have begun to comment on the "tightness" of my jeans. I treat this mostly as a joke. I do notice when people's eyes tend to glance down toward my crotch. I just pretend to ignore this. Besides, there's not like a lot I can do about it...

12. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Have any of you been told "you're going to have to buy some larger pants"? I always thought this was a subtle way to tell me my dick looked big! ;)

Luke

13. Imported

Gold Member

mekkler: [quote author=RoysToy link=board=meetgreet;num=1076442519;start=0#11 date=02/11/04 at 08:41:20]Have any of you been told "you're going to have to buy some larger pants"? I always thought this was a subtle way to tell me my dick looked big! ;)

Luke[/quote]

I think this is the origin of the challenge; getting too big for one's britches.

14. Imported

Gold Member

lomejorhombre: Well I could count on both hands the number of people who have seen mine in person. When any comments have been made, they have always made me feel uncomfortable, even when my wife says so, its like its not really part of me and I can just forget about it and thus not feel wierd anymore. I am not the type to give back any smart comment or joke, I'm not quick enough on the take for that. Now though I have posted pictures on here many of you have seen them and commented,I feel better about it, I guess partly because I am not looking at you directly and don't blush from it, but I do like the new feeling I get. My wife has even notice that I can joke with her about it more too. After all it was because of her I even took the pictures. She was telling her sister about the problems we have actually having intercourse, and she could't understand why. Thus, my wife emailed her some photos. (Lukily I won't have to see her face to face for a long time.) This ended their debate and left me with some of the pictures I posted on here.
    Anyway, I feel I have gotten better about the whole thing in the last few months! :)

15. Imported

Gold Member

tigerwolf: Actually ceg, the way you handle it is rude in itself. *shrug*

Personally, if people ask, I tell them. If they ask what I think of it, I tell them the truth. I'm not happy with it, and wish I was a lot bigger.

People are naturally curious, and to just brush them off like that is just as ignorant as it is to ask at an inappropriate time. If you don't like the questions, dont' get nude in the locker room. Or change in the washroom stall or something.

16. Imported

Gold Member

norseman: Sorry Tiger, gotta call you on that one.

It is generally inappropriate to comment on someone's physical attributes. Perhaps the exception is to make a positive comment, but even then, if the person receiving the compliment is clearly uncomfortable, BACK OFF.

Let's suddenly not make this about dicks:

You see someone with an enormous and crooked nose. It is quite rude to ask if it has always been that large or that bent or if the person was involved in some sort of accident or if the person has an enhanced sense of smell. It it also not up to the person with the large nose to take steps to conceal it or have it surgically altered to better conform to society's norms.

We all have a right to expect a certain amount of civilty in our lives. It is perfectly acceptable to shun or ignore rude behavior by others.

One person's idea of a compliment or healthy inquisitive sense could easily be taken as an unwanted intrusion.

Another point of view from

Norse

17. Imported

Gold Member

rangersean: Applause for norseman.

I'm over 6'4" tall, "how's the weather up there" and it's variations have been a thread running through my life. I don't like those comments either.

My favorite reply to that one (that I'm too damn polite to EVER do) would be to spit on the commenter and say "raining, how about down there?"

18. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

[quote author=rangersean link=board=meetgreet;num=1076442519;start=0#16 date=02/12/04 at 08:40:47)

My favorite reply to that one (that I'm too damn polite to EVER do) would be to spit on the commenter and say "raining, how about down there?"[/quote]
    I can think of worse reactions, sean. Just refrain from pissing on me! :eek:

Luke

19. Imported

Gold Member

tigerwolf: See, that's the thing, however. This isn't about someone with an enormous nose, its about someone with a large penis. People are of course GOING to be naturally curious about something that is so uncommon in society and such, and brushing off a simple question or two regarding it is totally unacceptable in my book.

Sure, keeping the answers brief is fine, but being outright rude just because you're a bit uncomfortable is not. At least not in my books.

And Sean, I never ask how the weather up there is with my tall friends, and I know some people in the 6'7"-6'9" region. ^_^ In fact, I rather adore tall guys who are hung and attractive looking. ^_^

20. Imported

Gold Member

rangersean: Tiger, the difference between asking or commenting about someone's large nose and their large penis is that the penis is something PRIVATE and whether we can actually hide it or not, it is not something strangers or 'mere' acquaintences should comment on in polite society.

A personal rule of thumb - if it would be rude to comment on their small penis, it'd be rude to comment on their large one.

Draft saved Draft deleted