reaction to wet dreams

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by anyaboo, Jan 2, 2007.

1. anyaboo

anyaboo New Member

Hey guys, it's me, Anya:

You may or may not know that I am writing a book in which the main character is a 42-year-old man who has begun to develop sexual desires deemed inappropriate by the general public (including me). I decided to have him start having intense sexual dreams, some of which will result in a wet dream. I was wondering 2 things:
    A) If this happened to you (not the deviant sexual desires, but a wet dream at age 42), how would you feel about it? Would you feel a bit like a freak, or glad that you still could?

B) How would your wives/girlfriends react to it? (Again, barring the inappropriate sexual fantasies)

Just so not to piss anyone off in terms of what is and is not "inappropriate," the deviant sexual urge I am talking about it is pedophilia. I want to write a novel from the pedophile's point of view, and look at the issue from a more complex, gray-area perspective.

Anyway, your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Later,
    Anya

2. viking1

Gold Member

I cannot give an answer on the rest of your questions but I do have wet dreams at the age of 45. I have had them off and on for years. I never thought it was abnormal to have them at my age. They do not bother me that I have them.

3. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    ??? Anya, I think the more important question is how much research you've done into pedophilia. I don't think it's the sort of thing that could suddenly appear at the age of 42, wet dream or not. Novels have to be believable, and I think you should presume that some people are going to know what pedophilia really is. So you should too.

4. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

My husband is 42, and just about a week ago had a wet dream in which he orgasmed twice in rapid succession. Age has nothing to do with the ability to orgasm in one's sleep.

I agree with ledroit, though, that sexual preferences (or perversions) tend to develop much earlier in life.

5. drumstyck

drumstyck New Member

just dont "research" it the way Pete Townshend did...

6. anyaboo

anyaboo New Member

Thanks for your posts.

I suppose I misspoke when I said my character is "beginning to develop sexual desires deemed inappropriate..." What I meant to say, and did not say very well, is that pedophilia has been there in some form for all of my character's life, but it's only recently that he's begun to have dreams concerning an 11-year-old girl, and only recently have they been wet dreams. I've done a lot of research into pedophilia, how it develops, why it develops, how it manifests itself, etc. All I was talking about was the sudden development of wet dreams, and if he would think they were abnormal (the dream itself would definitely be abnormal, since it centers around an 11-year-old girl), in terms of the "nocturnal emission" aspect. And I was wondering what his wife would realistically think about her husband's having a wet dream. Basically, the whole context of my question is immaterial--leave that to me. All I want to know is
    a) does a man feel having a wet dream is unsusual, and
    b) would his wife feel it's unusual, gross, a turn-on, whatever.
    So, just for clarity's sake, I am *not* saying that pedophilia is something that in any way just comes on, in the manner of the flu, for example ;). Most often, it's as inborn and as much a part of the person from childhood on as a "normal" person's sexuality is.

By the way, one of the books in the stacks of the non-fiction books on pedophilia that I'm reading is called "Conversations with a Pedophile," by Amy Hamel-Zabin. It's fascinating, and it gives me a very good idea of how pedophilia develops. Another good book is "Unspeakable Acts," by Douglas Pryor. Anyway, I am doing my research--as much as I can, since I find the subject so fascinating. The believability of my book is not a problem at all--that's its best feature. And don't worry--I won't be pulling a Pete Townshend anytime soon. ;)

--Anya

7. anyaboo

anyaboo New Member

One more thing to clear up:

I DO NOT condone or promote or encourage child molestation. I think it is one of the worst crimes ever and is sick. I'm just interested in WHY anyone could think children are sexually attractive, etc.

Also, while I believe that some people have a certain inborn PROPENSITY toward pedophilia, I don't think it's something people develop without any environmental influence. There are plenty of people with kinky but harmless sexual preferences who do not hurt other people with their urges. Pedophilia hurts people, it hurts children, and I think it is a very bad thing. I just think a person can be genetically prone to having his or her sexuality influenced and/or possibly shaped by early childhood environmental (meaning social, familial, etc.) factors.

Okay, I'll shut up and quit rambling. I just want you all to know that I'm researching this very seriously, but I do not think it's an allowable or harmless act by any means. I think child molesters should be thrown in prison and locked up for life, and given therapy there.

Thanks for reading. :)
    Anya

8. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    As a woman, I have wet dreams occasionally. I usually only remember that i was having great sex with someone and wake up to find I am not but must 'finish myself off' just the same. I'd not be bothered by a partner having one, seems to me a very natural thing.
    I've worked with sex offenders, most don't wait for wet dreams but masturbate to their fantasies. And in my experience, no therapy has been found completely successfull for pedophilia and the safest thing is to keep them locked up. That is my opinion, nothing else.

9. gymguy

gymguy New Member

I'm not 42, but figure that they can happen at any stage of adult life. It's not just a teenager thing. They tend only to occur now if I've not come for some time (say a few days). Gaps like that don't happen very often though, so it's now a bit more unusual. I guess if you're character stopped having sex with his wife for some reason I could imagine it could happen quite easily.

When it happens it just tends to be a pain in the arse (metaphorically speaking!) as you gotta change the bedsheets.

Draft saved Draft deleted