Reading a fucking book

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I had a van Gogh do that to me once. It was so unlike most of his work I didn't recognize it as his. I stared overwhelmed by emotion for a good twenty minutes from a distance before I approached and read the little placard. Turns out he painted it during a brief period of peace and mental clarity while housed in an asylum.
Art is powerful.

I saw this one once too, and it made me scream.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
currently reading Violin of Auschwitz, trading out with Sex Trafficking: inside the business of modern slavery.

i'll follow up with Zombie, Ohio

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzoooommmbbbbbbieeeeeeee

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think The Scream is still "missing"?

When in Pasadena, everyone should visit the Norton Simon Museum (formerly, the Pasadena Museum of Art). It's hard to leave that place with any tears left. Plus, he collected some rather impressive lingams . . . if you're into that sort of thing. You can take a reading break and read all about it here: Norton Simon Museum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The standing joke is that Norton, who had an amazing acumen for remarkable art of the world, not just Western Civilization, bought the paintings and his wife of many years, Jennifer Jones, picked out the frames.

There is one gallery that is an intentional joke where . . . well, you just have to see how the Manets and Monets are positioned between between Ingres on one side of the entrance and Bonnards on the other side.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Munch actually painted several paintings that he called "The Scream," two of which were stolen, one in the 1990s and the other in 2004. Both were recovered.
The bandits tried to make off with the Monet, but they couldn't make the Van Gogh.