"reading" My Sauna/gym Shower Buddy (advice?)

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey gents, I'm new to the forum and am interested in hearing your thoughts and suggestions on how I might be able to better read and see if a hot Indian stud from my gym would be down for some play. I've been chatting it up with him since September '18, and have been trying to read and feel him out, literally and figuratively. (Apologies in advance for the long post!)

Some quick facts: We're both in the gym 5x per week and are both very nicely fit. I'm black and 4 years older than him, but we're both under 30. He has the best sculpted chest, torso, and "V" I've ever seen in person. I'm 7.5" and he looks to be about the same or just slightly bigger.

We give each other a cordial wave or say hello in passing while on the floor working out, but really get to chatting it up while in the sauna if he's not with his friends (which is about 2-3x per week). He used to wear leggings in the sauna, but since I go completely nude, he started doing the same. We only talk about general/trivial stuff, but I catch his eyes checking me out quite often. He'll (presumably) look at my abs while we're sitting, but lower his gaze to check out my goods when I stand up to leave. The tricky part for me is, since it's a gym, I think there is a fine line between cruising someone and just simply admiring their body or comparing with your own.

We shower diagonally across from each other, always with the curtain open. I will drop my eyes to the floor when we are turned facing each other, so I'm unsure if he checks me out when I'm turned in his direction. I definitely check out his ass when he turns back around towards the shower head. On occasion, we leave and towel off at the same time and chat it up a little before we go in our separate ways. He is uncut and whenever he has his foreskin retracted, he has a noticeable semi. I hear it's easy for uncut guys to get aroused when cleaning the foreskin, so I don't think twice about that (especially as he's always completely limp when he has his foreskin pulled over his glans).

In my wildest dream, I would love to bed him, do oral, or jack, but to be honest, I don't know what I "want" from him in reality. I think simply working up the courage to tell him he has a hot body would suffice for me. He's a self-professed frat guy from the west coast, so I'm sure he's done his fair share of "questionable" stuff in the very recent past. The biggest barrier for me is the fact that I literally see him 5x per week, and he is often there with friends, so I don't want to make it awkward/uncomfortable being around each other anymore. I'll be moving away in about 2 months' time and will probably never see him again, so it's coming down to the wire. But if he is not receptive, I wouldn't want it to be his defining memory of me. Make sense?

He shaves his pubes (as do I on occasion) so I was thinking about asking something cheesy like what products he uses, or what he does to get his "V" so defined.

What do you guys suggest?

material gworl

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey gents, I'm new to the forum and am interested in hearing your thoughts and suggestions on how I might be able to better read and see if a hot Indian stud from my gym would be down for some play. I've been chatting it up with him since September '18, and have been trying to read and feel him out, literally and figuratively. (Apologies in advance for the long post!)

Some quick facts: We're both in the gym 5x per week and are both very nicely fit. I'm black and 4 years older than him, but we're both under 30. He has the best sculpted chest, torso, and "V" I've ever seen in person. I'm 7.5" and he looks to be about the same or just slightly bigger.

We give each other a cordial wave or say hello in passing while on the floor working out, but really get to chatting it up while in the sauna if he's not with his friends (which is about 2-3x per week). He used to wear leggings in the sauna, but since I go completely nude, he started doing the same. We only talk about general/trivial stuff, but I catch his eyes checking me out quite often. He'll (presumably) look at my abs while we're sitting, but lower his gaze to check out my goods when I stand up to leave. The tricky part for me is, since it's a gym, I think there is a fine line between cruising someone and just simply admiring their body or comparing with your own.

We shower diagonally across from each other, always with the curtain open. I will drop my eyes to the floor when we are turned facing each other, so I'm unsure if he checks me out when I'm turned in his direction. I definitely check out his ass when he turns back around towards the shower head. On occasion, we leave and towel off at the same time and chat it up a little before we go in our separate ways. He is uncut and whenever he has his foreskin retracted, he has a noticeable semi. I hear it's easy for uncut guys to get aroused when cleaning the foreskin, so I don't think twice about that (especially as he's always completely limp when he has his foreskin pulled over his glans).

In my wildest dream, I would love to bed him, do oral, or jack, but to be honest, I don't know what I "want" from him in reality. I think simply working up the courage to tell him he has a hot body would suffice for me. He's a self-professed frat guy from the west coast, so I'm sure he's done his fair share of "questionable" stuff in the very recent past. The biggest barrier for me is the fact that I literally see him 5x per week, and he is often there with friends, so I don't want to make it awkward/uncomfortable being around each other anymore. I'll be moving away in about 2 months' time and will probably never see him again, so it's coming down to the wire. But if he is not receptive, I wouldn't want it to be his defining memory of me. Make sense?

He shaves his pubes (as do I on occasion) so I was thinking about asking something cheesy like what products he uses, or what he does to get his "V" so defined.

What do you guys suggest?
Try to hang out as much as you can! Invite him for some dinner / lunch, work out together, make him think you're deeply interested in him, ask about his work out plans even if it's cheesy, the closer you get to him, the sooner you'll know what he wants.

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Try to hang out as much as you can! Invite him for some dinner / lunch, work out together, make him think you're deeply interested in him, ask about his work out plans even if it's cheesy, the closer you get to him, the sooner you'll know what he wants.

You're right. Another challenge that I failed to mention is that we're at the same school (he's in medical school, I'm a PhD student), so the leisure time aspect really isn't there unfortunately. I did invite him to my department holiday party at school in December, but he didn't come (no hard/hurt feelings tbh).

With each passing week, I figured it would be silly to ask him about his workouts since I've never asked in all these months we've been talking. But gotta start closing the gap at some point, no?

tyluvslax

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You're right. Another challenge that I failed to mention is that we're at the same school (he's in medical school, I'm a PhD student), so the leisure time aspect really isn't there unfortunately. I did invite him to my department holiday party at school in December, but he didn't come (no hard/hurt feelings tbh).

With each passing week, I figured it would be silly to ask him about his workouts since I've never asked in all these months we've been talking. But gotta start closing the gap at some point, no?

This is like the best/worst part about the gym... figuring out where that line is. I think you have a possible icebreaker in shaving stuff. There are some new brands focused just on manscapping (one is literally called Manscaped, and they have a device -- that I actually use -- called the Lawn Mower 2.0). Perhaps you could ask him if he uses stuff like that. If he doesn't balk at talking about that stuff, you may be able to inch further along.

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Based upon everything you have shared, I'd venture to bet that he is as interested in playing around as you are. Leaving the shower curtain open......joining you in the sauna naked....both sure signs he's open to the idea....just my opinion. I'd take a chance and let him see you checking out his semi-hard cock.....and see what happens. or let him see you with a semi......

I also like the idea of asking him about shaving products and techniques......a good way to talk about his body.....and complimenting him on his body may be another way to break the ice.....good luck my friend....sounds exciting.....

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Based upon everything you have shared, I'd venture to bet that he is as interested in playing around as you are. Leaving the shower curtain open......joining you in the sauna naked....both sure signs he's open to the idea....just my opinion. I'd take a chance and let him see you checking out his semi-hard cock.....and see what happens. or let him see you with a semi......

I also like the idea of asking him about shaving products and techniques......a good way to talk about his body.....and complimenting him on his body may be another way to break the ice.....good luck my friend....sounds exciting.....
Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement! I'll start with the shaving question and see how that goes. If he doesn't engage, I'll shift gears ask about his chest workout and what he does to get his "V" so defined. They are incredible.

He normally hides the semi actually. I usually see that when he's walking from the shower to get his towel, at which point he covers himself quickly. So I do think he's a bit modest in that regard. (He's intact/uncut, and will always turn toward the wall to clean his foreskin, but spends much of the rest of the shower facing out.)

Anyway, I'll keep you gents posted! And if anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to drop them!

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree the shaving angle is best. This way he knows you’rr Checking him out. I’d say that he looks great totally shaved and it always makes guys look bigger, and you do it but just not often enough. You can always ask if he thinks you should shave or not.
If he’s modest it may be because you have been as well. In the shower while facing him, wash your cock & give it a few tugs to get semi. At that point you can even talk about how working out gets your adrenaline going at which point you start tugging even more. Hopefully he’ll join in and you’re set!!

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Another easy one is to ask about him being uncut unless you think he’s uneasy about it. You could say he’s lucky to be uncut and you’ve always been curious about how different it is for him vs being cut. Maybe he’ll let you slide it back & forth!!!

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I agree the shaving angle is best. This way he knows you’rr Checking him out. I’d say that he looks great totally shaved and it always makes guys look bigger, and you do it but just not often enough. You can always ask if he thinks you should shave or not.
If he’s modest it may be because you have been as well. In the shower while facing him, wash your cock & give it a few tugs to get semi. At that point you can even talk about how working out gets your adrenaline going at which point you start tugging even more. Hopefully he’ll join in and you’re set!!
Yeah, I was gonna say something cheesy about having to stop shaving because I used a new razor and it gave me razor bumps (which is actually true; haven't shaved in about 3 weeks). It might be best to wait til he actually shaves again before I ask though. He is starting to grow back as well.

I've been on the fence about asking about being uncut. He told me he was in a frat in undergrad and took open showers with his frat brothers, so I was gonna ask something like if they ever used to make dumb comments about him being uncut. OR, perhaps even better: since he's in med school, I was gonna ask what's his take on neonatal circumcision and see where we go from there.

In any case, stay tuned!

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I would go with neonatal circumcision. The other may come off as making fun of his dick.
You're right. Plus the topic is "light enough" to where he can take it as far as he'd like.

Reactions: Afrozillaworld

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Any update?
Hey guys, today was his first day back in the gym from vacation. He was running later than usual, so I actually stayed around longer (and called my boss to tell her I'd be in late!) just so I could stay and chat with him! Talk about dedication!

It was the most we've ever talked, but it was all about his vacation, our summer plans, and school/research. Since it was our first time seeing each other in 2 weeks, I figured it would be an awkward transition if I laid the bait. So I'm going to save that for another time, maybe tomorrow.

He was definitely checking me out again, and I think he may have tried to bait me but I (stupidly) didn't follow through. I left the shower and he followed a few seconds later, so we were at the towel rack talking as we dried off. He was saying how happy he was to be back in the gym since he didn't work out on vacation, and proceeded to talk about how he has lost definition on his abs, and removed his towel and started pointing to and rubbing his stomach. I stole a glance (focusing mostly on his package) and shyly said "No, they still look toned to me" and walked away."

Since he brought up the abs, I'll ask tomorrow about his "V" and I'll try to lay my own bait trap from there. Don't rush the process, I suppose!

Blkgymrat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

I couldn’t agree more. All the signs are there. I say adjust yourself in front of him. If he looks or even better, does the same, then you have a winner. Good luck!

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey guys, today was his first day back in the gym from vacation. He was running later than usual, so I actually stayed around longer (and called my boss to tell her I'd be in late!) just so I could stay and chat with him! Talk about dedication!

It was the most we've ever talked, but it was all about his vacation, our summer plans, and school/research. Since it was our first time seeing each other in 2 weeks, I figured it would be an awkward transition if I laid the bait. So I'm going to save that for another time, maybe tomorrow.

He was definitely checking me out again, and I think he may have tried to bait me but I (stupidly) didn't follow through. I left the shower and he followed a few seconds later, so we were at the towel rack talking as we dried off. He was saying how happy he was to be back in the gym since he didn't work out on vacation, and proceeded to talk about how he has lost definition on his abs, and removed his towel and started pointing to and rubbing his stomach. I stole a glance (focusing mostly on his package) and shyly said "No, they still look toned to me" and walked away."

Since he brought up the abs, I'll ask tomorrow about his "V" and I'll try to lay my own bait trap from there. Don't rush the process, I suppose!
If this was me, I'd just be very obvious at looking at his package...let's him know you are very interested......I'd even let him see me getting hard.......It sounds like he's looking for "confirmation" from you on moving forward.....good luck friend....

JohnnyMission

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've got a suggestion that might be difficult, but it DEFINITELY moves the conversation forward.

I don't know about you, but I developed a trick in high school locker rooms to save myself embarrassment. I can concentrate a certain way and I won't get hard. I don't really know how I do it. It's kinda unconscious, but most of the time when I'm in locker rooms I catch myself doing it. Anyway, if I were in your shoes, I would stop doing this. I would let myself get hard in front of this guy.

If he sees it and says nothing, no big deal. If he tries to make it into a joke or something, then whatever, you just play the, "sorry man, it's been a while for me and this thing has got a mind of its own" card. Everyone who has ever been a teenaged boy knows that sometimes erections just happen. And if he gets hard too or starts openly staring, then you can let things progress to the next level. Maybe you even fluff yourself once or twice to see how he reacts.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much conscious control other guys have over their boners, but if you're in an intimate situation with a hot naked dude, and you can just let your mind play out the fantasy that gets you hard, I'm confident that you can casually let him know that you're interested in things moving further! Good luck, and keep us updated!

Saint Raphael

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey guys, here is my update: We crossed paths just briefly in the shower yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to make a move unfortunately. I did notice that for the first time ever, he cleaned his foreskin in front of me while we were chatting. He ALWAYS turns towards the wall to do this, so I thought that was cool and another sign that he's becoming more comfortable around me. No semi this time, though.

He told me he was giving a presentation on female reproductive rights (abortion) later that afternoon, which he was really animated and excited about. So if all the stars align on Monday, I'll ask him how the presentation went and then pivot to his thoughts on male reproductive rights and circumcision. I figure it's "innocent" enough since it's in his realm as a future doctor, and can open a discussion since I'm cut and he isn't. And then we take it from there.

I know that to you all, this probably feels like pulling teeth and it's taking me forever to make a move, which is true lol. But I'm also just waiting for the right moment to ease in without an awkward/forced transition. I am hopeful that I'm not misreading him and this would be yet another case of a straight guy being cordial to a queer, and the queer uses his friendliness as an opportunity to push boundaries.

In a way, I feel like he's out of my league being in medical school, great swag, hot body, incredibly handsome, and it doesn't help that I have somewhat low confidence/esteem. I'm almost 30, and have actually never approached a guy (or girl) before. In literally all of my encounters and interactions, the other person has always made the first move. So this is entirely new for me.

rex_berger

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey guys, here is my update: We crossed paths just briefly in the shower yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to make a move unfortunately. I did notice that for the first time ever, he cleaned his foreskin in front of me while we were chatting. He ALWAYS turns towards the wall to do this, so I thought that was cool and another sign that he's becoming more comfortable around me. No semi this time, though.

He told me he was giving a presentation on female reproductive rights (abortion) later that afternoon, which he was really animated and excited about. So if all the stars align on Monday, I'll ask him how the presentation went and then pivot to his thoughts on male reproductive rights and circumcision. I figure it's "innocent" enough since it's in his realm as a future doctor, and can open a discussion since I'm cut and he isn't. And then we take it from there.

I know that to you all, this probably feels like pulling teeth and it's taking me forever to make a move, which is true lol. But I'm also just waiting for the right moment to ease in without an awkward/forced transition. I am hopeful that I'm not misreading him and this would be yet another case of a straight guy being cordial to a queer, and the queer uses his friendliness as an opportunity to push boundaries.

In a way, I feel like he's out of my league being in medical school, great swag, hot body, incredibly handsome, and it doesn't help that I have somewhat low confidence/esteem. I'm almost 30, and have actually never approached a guy (or girl) before. In literally all of my encounters and interactions, the other person has always made the first move. So this is entirely new for me.

Hi man. Thanks for your candour and honesty on this. Time to be more confident I would say! Especially if you are moving away soon. I think deep down all men appreciate a positive affirmation from another guy they like. You seem very respectful and I doubt you would do anything that pushed boundaries if you git any signal of non interest. We are all social animals and driven, all that time you both spend in the gym and in the school books is related to your need to be respected, admired, achieve, feel alive and connect with peers.